Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen 09:27 - May 21 with 34175 viewsitfcjoe

Rob Edwards seems to be the only name mentioned yet so presume there is something in that

If we want the most continuity I would be doing what it takes to get Michael Carrick out of Boro, he signed a new deal a week or so back and very bought into the project there but I really like him too. Very tough deal to do I imagine.

I think the Pl may be a step too far, but had we stayed down I'd have been all over Danny Rohl, he strikes me as the most McKenna like as a career coach, great experience and done a fantastic job at Sheff Weds, really impressive and seems to 'get it' judging by their fan base.

Also, another name not seen mentioned much is Steve Cooper, did really well in the mad house that is Nottingham Forest, great developer of young players and good PL experience.

I've seen a few say Graham Potter but he feels unrealistic when you see the jobs linked with, is still being paid an exorbitant amount by Chelsea so not sure we'd have the clout to attract him

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen on 09:54 - May 21 with 2121 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Thoughts on Will Still ? Managed in a top flight before. Well spoken, intelligent, multi lingual coach.

But I would also be for Carrick. Think he is the best option to continue the club in a similar way.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen on 09:54 - May 21 with 2122 viewsKieran_Knows

Rohl or Carrick for me.

But good shout from someone below with Anthony Barry from Bayern. Interested to see if he leaves along with Tuchel from them this summer.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen on 09:57 - May 21 with 2090 viewsportmanking

I think Anthony Barry would be the most logical move IMO. He's worked at the highest level in a McKenna sense and is ready to take his first job as a #1.
Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen on 09:59 - May 21 with 2058 viewspointofblue

Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen on 09:53 - May 21 by yorkshireblue

Lee Grant...

I was wondering about him or Pert, if either want to give management itself a go.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen on 10:00 - May 21 with 2053 viewsportmanking

Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen on 09:54 - May 21 by Kieran_Knows

Rohl or Carrick for me.

But good shout from someone below with Anthony Barry from Bayern. Interested to see if he leaves along with Tuchel from them this summer.

Yep. When you look at the experiences Barry's had, shadowing at Chelsea, international level and now at Bayern, it feels like the most McKenna-esque replacement to me.
Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen on 10:08 - May 21 with 1985 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen on 09:37 - May 21 by Stewart27

I’m not at all struck on Rob Edwards. I think he’s a really likeable chap and speaks really well. Despite doing a great job at Luton I feel it would be a complete change in playing style for us. Now is not the time for that.

Cooper got a really raw deal at Forest. The club model of throwing all that cash at the situation the first year after promotion undid all the momentum that he brought in their extraordinary rise up through the championship. He’d have my backing.

I actually think we could get Potter. He’s in danger of being out of football for too long. I think Ashton could work some magic here. He’d be my number one choice.

The form of Boro last year worries me about Carrick. But has shown glimpses of being a really good manager and would fit our model.

I think Rohl is a bit too much of a punt at the moment.

Wouldn't be too concerned about Boro form last year. Their squad was decimated by injury and ripped apart from the year before.

At their best Boro under Carrick are a super team, playing really good, progressive football and develop young players superbly.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen on 10:10 - May 21 with 1969 viewstractorshark

Jesse Marsch is frightening. The most overrated boss out there. Just a complete sound bite and waffle.

Cooper would be a good shout but I genuinely hope McKenna stays.
Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen on 10:10 - May 21 with 1956 viewsKieran_Knows

Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen on 10:10 - May 21 by tractorshark

Jesse Marsch is frightening. The most overrated boss out there. Just a complete sound bite and waffle.

Marsch has just got the Canada job, so we don't have to worry there.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Login to get fewer ads

Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen on 10:12 - May 21 with 1922 viewskeanekipper

lee carsley should be on the radar stylistic wise, got the u21 playing some great football. my No1 choice would be cooper though.
Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen on 10:14 - May 21 with 1897 viewsbaxterbasics

I don't think he's going...but let's face it, there's no satisfactory candidate that won't feel like a downgrade, is there?

A slightly different question to illustrate: If we could swap KM for absolutely any manager in the world, would we do it? Or would decide to keep him?

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen on 10:14 - May 21 with 1879 viewsleitrimblue

Cooper or Potter would help to soften the blow of Mckenna leaving. Though i still have this weird feeling he might stay
Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen on 10:19 - May 21 with 1843 viewsGlasgowBlue

Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen on 09:53 - May 21 by yorkshireblue

Lee Grant...

I assume that if the worst did happen then Keiran would take his coaching staff with him. If not then Martyn Pert and Lee Grant would certainly give us continuity with the players and tactics.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen on 10:19 - May 21 with 1833 viewspointofblue

Would personally be happy with Cooper, Potter, Cifuentes or Rohl.

Barry, Carsley, Grant or Pert would be risky but wouldn’t mind any of them either.

Still is an intriguing one. Did a decent job with Reims but their firm collapsed at the end of the season, albeit that’s not dissimilar to De Zerbi at Brighton.

ETA - Forgot Carrick. He’d be in the Cooper/Potter group.
[Post edited 21 May 10:48]

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen on 10:20 - May 21 with 1830 viewsbluefunk

I think the link to Rob Edwards is just lazy journalism, regardless of to whether he is the right candidate. Agree totally on Carrick, he would seem to be the continuity candidate, but there will also be others who might be attracted to the club, and I am sure we have a well researched shortlist in place, as I know from a very reliable source that there is a gentleman’s agreement in place that the club will not stand in McKenna's way, in return for him sticking with us when Palace came calling.
Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen on 10:21 - May 21 with 1824 viewsitfcjoe

Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen on 10:10 - May 21 by tractorshark

He's just taken the Canada job so I wouldn't worry

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen on 10:22 - May 21 with 1786 viewstextbackup

Carrick I think for me. That draw at PR vs his Boro team was (IMO) a really good game with two clearly very well coached teams.

But Potter would be the wow signing
[Post edited 21 May 10:22]

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen on 10:26 - May 21 with 1701 viewsKeno

Just a random thought

Cole Skuse

there Ive said it

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen on 10:29 - May 21 with 1653 viewstextbackup

Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen on 10:26 - May 21 by Keno

Just a random thought

Cole Skuse

there Ive said it

Based on what?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen on 10:30 - May 21 with 1638 viewschicoazul

Don’t understand quite why so many are anti Rob Edwards, he seems like a very good choice. Can’t imagine loads of people were closely watching Luton for clues to his style but even if they were it doesn’t mean he will play the exact same way here. Loads of coaching experience and a very good bloke by informed accounts.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen on 10:30 - May 21 with 1627 viewsGlasgowBlue

Wagner has Premier League experience and he has just become available.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen on 10:35 - May 21 with 1561 viewsKeno

Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen on 10:29 - May 21 by textbackup

Based on what?

me being stupid

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen on 10:37 - May 21 with 1545 viewsWeirdFishes

Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen on 09:52 - May 21 by Europablue

Moyes would not be a disaster, he'd probably establish us as a Premier League side, but the change in style would be jarring.

I like Moyes but don’t think he’s right for us right now. As far as I can think every job he’s taken has already been an established PL side which he has usually progressed.

TWTD Participant
Poll: Who's Worse?

Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen on 10:38 - May 21 with 1533 viewsRedX

Mousinho
Loser of play off - Martin or Farke
Martí Cifuentes
Unrealistic but would love Marco Silva
Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen on 10:39 - May 21 with 1530 viewsdirtyboy

Carrick would be one i'd have not wanted as a 'name' previously, but now, i'd be really keen.

Can't look too much into last season due to their ridiculous injury situation.

Potter is not a bad manager at all, seems the right fit for us.

Anthony Barry a good shout, had forgotten about him.

Rosenior? Personality would work imo, would probably need a good team behind him, which we can possibly do.

Steve Cooper another one I could get behind.

Rob Edwards? Again, like the guy, personality seems to fit, not sure on the style of football, but was he working with what he had to give them the best chance? No idea.

Danny Rohl possibly too early on that one, but certainly not a disappointment.

Maybe we go for the Franco dude?
Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen on 10:43 - May 21 with 1484 viewskeanekipper

Potential next manager market if the worst was to happen on 10:39 - May 21 by dirtyboy

Carrick would be one i'd have not wanted as a 'name' previously, but now, i'd be really keen.

Can't look too much into last season due to their ridiculous injury situation.

Potter is not a bad manager at all, seems the right fit for us.

Anthony Barry a good shout, had forgotten about him.

Rosenior? Personality would work imo, would probably need a good team behind him, which we can possibly do.

Steve Cooper another one I could get behind.

Rob Edwards? Again, like the guy, personality seems to fit, not sure on the style of football, but was he working with what he had to give them the best chance? No idea.

Danny Rohl possibly too early on that one, but certainly not a disappointment.

Maybe we go for the Franco dude?

jose to follow in sir bobbys footsteps
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024