Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
“All the hallmarks to become a top manager at the very highest level” 07:10 - May 22 with 2082 viewsSitfcB

- Sir Alex Ferguson on McKenna - don’t get many better endorsements than that!

https://www.leaguemanagers.com/latest-news/kieran-mckenna-wins-lma-manager-of-th

On being presented with the Sir Alex Ferguson Trophy for LMA Manager of the Year, Ipswich Town manager Kieran McKenna said: "It's incredible. Sir Alex Ferguson has been such a great part of my childhood growing up and my love for football, and for the game, has involved him - he's an inspiration.

"It's been a great journey. I'm two-and-a-half years into a management career, but it's been 16-years of working incredibly hard every day pretty much to be the best coach I can be.

"It's the best thing in the world and I've had good experience as a first team coach, but to be a manager in the Premier League and go up against great managers is going to be a great challenge and something I can't wait for.

"This award is one of the most humbling and proudest moments of my life."

‍LMA Executive Committee Member Sir Alex Ferguson CBE said: “I extend my congratulations to Kieran McKenna on winning the LMA Manager of the Year award after a memorable season with Ipswich Town.

“He is an incredible young talent who had a great reputation when he was on the coaching staff at Manchester United.

“Kieran is humble and carries tremendous composure, as well as great technical and tactical insight and awareness – all the hallmarks to become a top manager at the very highest level.

”Outgoing LMA Chair Howard Wilkinson OBE added: “A huge well done to Kieran McKenna for becoming the winner of the LMA Manager of the Year for the first time.

“To be promoted once at any level is commendable, but to achieve the feat back-to-back is an incredible achievement and demonstrates his undoubted ability as one of the youngest and most exciting managers in the domestic game.

“Kieran has been recognised by his peers for leading Ipswich to the highest level of English football for the first time in over 20-years and is hugely deserving of this honour.”
[Post edited 22 May 8:02]

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

“All the hallmarks to become a top manager at the very highest level” on 07:19 - May 22 with 1944 viewsle2blue

Amazing achievement and endorsement. Pretty sure Sir Alex has been mentoring him and Carrick for the last few years.

For me the last few days have been the realisation that we're, sadly, very unlikely to see him in our dugout for the first game of the season. The rightful recognition and links are so much that I'm sure he will get either Chelsea or ManU roles.

Cherish the memories and be grateful that he got us back and take pride that we played a part in him becoming a world-class manager.
“All the hallmarks to become a top manager at the very highest level” on 07:29 - May 22 with 1807 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

With any lucky Sir Alex will have advised him to stay where he is for now, learn his trade as a Prem manager with the team he got there rather than rush too quickly to a 'big' job, which, at his age, there's plenty of time for.

Well done Kieran, fantastic achievement.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

“All the hallmarks to become a top manager at the very highest level” on 07:38 - May 22 with 1715 viewsibbleobble

“All the hallmarks to become a top manager at the very highest level” on 07:19 - May 22 by le2blue

Amazing achievement and endorsement. Pretty sure Sir Alex has been mentoring him and Carrick for the last few years.

For me the last few days have been the realisation that we're, sadly, very unlikely to see him in our dugout for the first game of the season. The rightful recognition and links are so much that I'm sure he will get either Chelsea or ManU roles.

Cherish the memories and be grateful that he got us back and take pride that we played a part in him becoming a world-class manager.

You’re wrong. He will be and for many years to come. Put this to bed now. It’s really boring.
“All the hallmarks to become a top manager at the very highest level” on 07:51 - May 22 with 1606 viewsBondiBlue

“All the hallmarks to become a top manager at the very highest level” on 07:38 - May 22 by ibbleobble

You’re wrong. He will be and for many years to come. Put this to bed now. It’s really boring.

Only way this gets put to bed any time soon is either he leaves or all the vacancies are filled. But as someone else pointed out, if he keeps doing well, he will be linked every time a big club sacks their manager. This, unfortunately, will never get put to bed. Look on the bright side - it means the club is doing well.

Poll: Which would you accept?

“All the hallmarks to become a top manager at the very highest level” on 07:52 - May 22 with 1588 viewsSwailsey

“All the hallmarks to become a top manager at the very highest level” on 07:38 - May 22 by ibbleobble

Thanks for the update Kieran, appreciated.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

“All the hallmarks to become a top manager at the very highest level” on 07:55 - May 22 with 1562 viewsTrumptonBlue

Well, thanks, Sir Alex. Would it have been that hard to say “This bloke’s rubbish, the most overrated manager I’ve ever seen. If I was in charge of, say, Brighton, Chelsea or Manchester United, I wouldn’t go anywhere near him”?
“All the hallmarks to become a top manager at the very highest level” on 07:55 - May 22 with 1558 viewsibbleobble

“All the hallmarks to become a top manager at the very highest level” on 07:52 - May 22 by Swailsey

Thanks for the update Kieran, appreciated.

Common sense mate. It seems to be lacking on here, sadly.
“All the hallmarks to become a top manager at the very highest level” on 07:57 - May 22 with 1486 viewsibbleobble

“All the hallmarks to become a top manager at the very highest level” on 07:51 - May 22 by BondiBlue

Only way this gets put to bed any time soon is either he leaves or all the vacancies are filled. But as someone else pointed out, if he keeps doing well, he will be linked every time a big club sacks their manager. This, unfortunately, will never get put to bed. Look on the bright side - it means the club is doing well.

I meant put to bed as in pandering to the speculation and adding to the hysteria. He will definitely be constantly linked now so we’ll have to put to the panic that surrounds every link and roll with it.
Login to get fewer ads

“All the hallmarks to become a top manager at the very highest level” on 07:59 - May 22 with 1462 viewsDaninthecampo

“All the hallmarks to become a top manager at the very highest level” on 07:19 - May 22 by le2blue

Taking this from Kierans speech i find this encouraging!
It's the best thing in the world and I've had good experience as a first-team coach, but to be a manager in the Premier League and go up against great managers is going to be a great challenge and something I can't wait for."
“All the hallmarks to become a top manager at the very highest level” on 08:03 - May 22 with 1402 viewsCheltenham_Blue

“All the hallmarks to become a top manager at the very highest level” on 07:59 - May 22 by Daninthecampo

It's the best thing in the world and I've had good experience as a first-team coach, but to be a manager in the Premier League and go up against great managers is going to be a great challenge and something I can't wait for."

Also SAF’s comments - “all the hallmarks to become a top manager.”
Not yet, Man U and Chelsea, not yet

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

“All the hallmarks to become a top manager at the very highest level” on 08:03 - May 22 with 1398 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

“All the hallmarks to become a top manager at the very highest level” on 07:59 - May 22 by Daninthecampo

All that means is he's not going to Bayern Munich!

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

“All the hallmarks to become a top manager at the very highest level” on 08:45 - May 22 with 1046 viewsGuthrum

“All the hallmarks to become a top manager at the very highest level” on 07:55 - May 22 by ibbleobble

Common sense mate. It seems to be lacking on here, sadly.

Since when did common sense have anything to do with football? One of the most irrational businesses going.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

“All the hallmarks to become a top manager at the very highest level” on 10:38 - May 22 with 793 viewsHelp

“All the hallmarks to become a top manager at the very highest level” on 07:55 - May 22 by TrumptonBlue

Well, thanks, Sir Alex. Would it have been that hard to say “This bloke’s rubbish, the most overrated manager I’ve ever seen. If I was in charge of, say, Brighton, Chelsea or Manchester United, I wouldn’t go anywhere near him”?

yeah, like who did Sir Alex recommend as his successor?
“All the hallmarks to become a top manager at the very highest level” on 11:34 - May 22 with 659 viewswischip

I think Sir Alex has said to him "if you can do at Ipswich what I did at Aberdeen for 7-8 seasons then you'll walk into the Man U job".
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024