Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How did Huddersfield appoint David Wagner? 12:26 - Jan 20 with 1823 viewsMaySixth

Tremendous, progressive coach who is beginning to turn them around on a small/medium budget

Would be interesting to know how they found him as it could well be a route we should look to take one day.

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

How did Huddersfield appoint David Wagner? on 12:32 - Jan 20 with 1792 viewsDoobDude

Owner is a fan of the club
Owner therefore cares about the club and is doing his best for them.
Owner wants to play attractive football, rather than pretending about it via pathetic 5 point plans.
Owner is not called Marcus Evans.

What... is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow? What do you mean? An African or European swallow? Huh? I... I don't know that ... Auuuuuuuugh.
Poll: Whi is getting sold to fund the Webster Signing

How did Huddersfield appoint David Wagner? on 12:35 - Jan 20 with 1775 viewstaximan

How did Huddersfield appoint David Wagner? on 12:32 - Jan 20 by DoobDude

Owner wants to play attractive football, rather than pretending about it via pathetic 5 point plans.

i'm guessing you have an issue with our owner ?
How did Huddersfield appoint David Wagner? on 12:37 - Jan 20 with 1762 viewsDoobDude

How did Huddersfield appoint David Wagner? on 12:35 - Jan 20 by taximan

i'm guessing you have an issue with our owner ?

That's really perceptive of you. I prefer to keep my contempt of Evans hidden away.

What... is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow? What do you mean? An African or European swallow? Huh? I... I don't know that ... Auuuuuuuugh.
Poll: Whi is getting sold to fund the Webster Signing

How did Huddersfield appoint David Wagner? on 12:38 - Jan 20 with 1749 viewsblueblood66

Clued up owners with an ear to the ground with an understanding of how they want their club to play, to progress.
How did Huddersfield appoint David Wagner? on 12:40 - Jan 20 with 1737 viewsLeoMuff

After 60 games his record is marginally better than Mick over 200....

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

How did Huddersfield appoint David Wagner? on 12:43 - Jan 20 with 1717 viewsSuperChambo

They gave them an interview, then a contract. Not exactly a hard process to understand.

Poll: Best Current Player

How did Huddersfield appoint David Wagner? on 12:48 - Jan 20 with 1679 viewsitfcjoe

A very astute appointment, and brave too. They sacked Powell when he was doing ok with regards to expectations on a small budget because he wasn't bringing youngsters through and they were spending a lot on their academy and they foucssed in on Wagner.

Going brilliantly so far, they looked very good when we beat them 1-0 away in Feb, and have managed t get the results to follow.

I would love ITFC to take a similar approach, but just don't see it happeneing if Mick were to go.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

How did Huddersfield appoint David Wagner? on 12:50 - Jan 20 with 1659 viewsReuser_is_God

They rung him up & said 'Alright Dave, fancy coming t'uddersfield & being our manager?'

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Login to get fewer ads

How did Huddersfield appoint David Wagner? on 12:51 - Jan 20 with 1644 viewsBenters

How did Huddersfield appoint David Wagner? on 12:32 - Jan 20 by DoobDude

FAN tastic ! Cheap tickets lovely ..

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

How did Huddersfield appoint David Wagner? on 12:51 - Jan 20 with 1645 viewslegal_blue

How did Huddersfield appoint David Wagner? on 12:48 - Jan 20 by itfcjoe

A very astute appointment, and brave too. They sacked Powell when he was doing ok with regards to expectations on a small budget because he wasn't bringing youngsters through and they were spending a lot on their academy and they foucssed in on Wagner.

Going brilliantly so far, they looked very good when we beat them 1-0 away in Feb, and have managed t get the results to follow.

I would love ITFC to take a similar approach, but just don't see it happeneing if Mick were to go.

I agree. If Mick goes we will get another 'celebrity' manager.

I'd take Lincoln's manager at this point.
How did Huddersfield appoint David Wagner? on 12:51 - Jan 20 with 1647 viewsketton_itfc

I think it had something to do with the Liverpool Chief exec Ian Ayre who used to be chairman at Huddersfield, seem to recall reading something about them looking for a a new boss and sounding him and Klopp out.
How did Huddersfield appoint David Wagner? on 12:54 - Jan 20 with 1600 viewsBorisOrTrevor

How did Huddersfield appoint David Wagner? on 12:51 - Jan 20 by Benters

FAN tastic ! Cheap tickets lovely ..

I get the impression from umpteen historical posts that you are quite careful with your money, tight even? Salivating at saving a fiver on a ticket!

BOT

How did Huddersfield appoint David Wagner? on 12:56 - Jan 20 with 1577 viewsBenters

How did Huddersfield appoint David Wagner? on 12:54 - Jan 20 by BorisOrTrevor

I get the impression from umpteen historical posts that you are quite careful with your money, tight even? Salivating at saving a fiver on a ticket!

If you are going to have a pop at least get it right fknuts !

Huddersfield £20- Towen £27.50 .

Gentlybentley

Why would you take a manager that.... on 12:56 - Jan 20 with 1573 viewsBloots

How did Huddersfield appoint David Wagner? on 12:51 - Jan 20 by legal_blue

.....took over 180 minutes to get the better of us?

If he was a decent manager he would have had us beat after 45 minutes.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

How did Huddersfield appoint David Wagner? on 13:00 - Jan 20 with 1547 viewsMaySixth

How did Huddersfield appoint David Wagner? on 12:43 - Jan 20 by SuperChambo

They gave them an interview, then a contract. Not exactly a hard process to understand.

How did they find him to interview?

How did Huddersfield appoint David Wagner? on 13:01 - Jan 20 with 1539 viewsMaySixth

How did Huddersfield appoint David Wagner? on 12:51 - Jan 20 by legal_blue

I'd stay well clear of Cowley personally.

How did Huddersfield appoint David Wagner? on 13:02 - Jan 20 with 1528 viewsMaySixth

How did Huddersfield appoint David Wagner? on 12:56 - Jan 20 by Benters

If you are going to have a pop at least get it right fknuts !

Huddersfield £20- Towen £27.50 .

On the day pricing.

Ipswich an inferior product.

Huddersfield Town £20
Ipswich Town £36

Genius

Why would you take a manager that.... on 13:03 - Jan 20 with 1527 viewsMaySixth

Why would you take a manager that.... on 12:56 - Jan 20 by Bloots

.....took over 180 minutes to get the better of us?

If he was a decent manager he would have had us beat after 45 minutes.

Danny Cowley may well one day be an ok League One manager

How did Huddersfield appoint David Wagner? on 13:04 - Jan 20 with 1519 viewsMaySixth

How did Huddersfield appoint David Wagner? on 12:51 - Jan 20 by ketton_itfc

I think it had something to do with the Liverpool Chief exec Ian Ayre who used to be chairman at Huddersfield, seem to recall reading something about them looking for a a new boss and sounding him and Klopp out.

Thanks

Why would you take a manager that.... on 13:09 - Jan 20 with 1494 viewsReuser_is_God

Why would you take a manager that.... on 13:03 - Jan 20 by MaySixth

Danny Cowley may well one day be an ok League One manager

You seem to be overly negative of him, any reason?

I don't agree with calls for him to our next manager by the way, but you seem to have a massive grudge with him.

Evans out

How did Huddersfield appoint David Wagner? on 13:11 - Jan 20 with 1470 viewsBenters

How did Huddersfield appoint David Wagner? on 13:02 - Jan 20 by MaySixth

On the day pricing.

Ipswich an inferior product.

Huddersfield Town £20
Ipswich Town £36

Genius

Like i said FAN tastic !

Gentlybentley

How did Huddersfield appoint David Wagner? on 13:20 - Jan 20 with 1447 viewsGuthrum

The club have also backed him significantly in the transfer market. Eleven signings (inc. loans) in the summer, plus another loan (from Chelsea) this month.

I think he is a good manager, but it is the combined approach which is bearing dividends.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Why would you take a manager that.... on 13:24 - Jan 20 with 1422 viewsMaySixth

Why would you take a manager that.... on 13:09 - Jan 20 by Reuser_is_God

You seem to be overly negative of him, any reason?

I don't agree with calls for him to our next manager by the way, but you seem to have a massive grudge with him.

I watched him at close quarters about 5 years ago when he was managing Concord Rangers.

Just found him to be an obnoxious character.

Swearing constantly at officials to put pressure on them, getting his players to go down constantly, berating opposition management and supporters.

Just came across as very very tinpot.

His Lincoln team deserved to beat us and he can clearly get a team to work hard and give him and each other 100% but the media fawning over him is embarassing. He will get found out.

Can see him going to somewhere like Gillingham one day and his achievement finishing 8th in League One.

Why would you take a manager that.... on 13:30 - Jan 20 with 1407 viewsReuser_is_God

Why would you take a manager that.... on 13:24 - Jan 20 by MaySixth

I watched him at close quarters about 5 years ago when he was managing Concord Rangers.

Just found him to be an obnoxious character.

Swearing constantly at officials to put pressure on them, getting his players to go down constantly, berating opposition management and supporters.

Just came across as very very tinpot.

His Lincoln team deserved to beat us and he can clearly get a team to work hard and give him and each other 100% but the media fawning over him is embarassing. He will get found out.

Can see him going to somewhere like Gillingham one day and his achievement finishing 8th in League One.

Fair enough.

I do think though if you watched all managers at close quarters on the touchline you'd think they're obnoxious characters.

Evans out

Why would you take a manager that.... on 14:49 - Jan 20 with 1291 viewsMaySixth

Why would you take a manager that.... on 13:30 - Jan 20 by Reuser_is_God

Fair enough.

I do think though if you watched all managers at close quarters on the touchline you'd think they're obnoxious characters.

Disagree.

I've watched a lot close up - probably 20.

Not seen anything like Cowley but then again I am yet to witness Steve Evans.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024