Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How come Leeds have pushed on and town have gone backwards 05:28 - Jan 26 with 5781 viewsBenters

This season ?

I must say Leeds are another good team to watch at the mo.

3rd in the table blimey .

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

How come Leeds have pushed on and town have gone backwards on 07:05 - Jan 26 with 3661 viewsArnieM

Spent money
Have a forward thinking manager

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

How come Leeds have pushed on and town have gone backwards on 07:45 - Jan 26 with 3579 viewsbournemouthblue

This is the first time Leeds have 'pushed on' in about a decade?

We are having an awful season but hopefully we remain treading water comfortably in midtable

Let's see who MM gets in and how they can potentially move us forward.

We desperately need some progress in the second half of the season so we can start next season positively

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

How come Leeds have pushed on and town have gone backwards on 07:56 - Jan 26 with 3528 viewsBenters

How come Leeds have pushed on and town have gone backwards on 07:45 - Jan 26 by bournemouthblue

This is the first time Leeds have 'pushed on' in about a decade?

We are having an awful season but hopefully we remain treading water comfortably in midtable

Let's see who MM gets in and how they can potentially move us forward.

We desperately need some progress in the second half of the season so we can start next season positively

Do you think MM will spend some serious money this transfer window ?

"Treading water comfortably in midtable" how boring is that !

Gentlybentley

How come Leeds have pushed on and town have gone backwards on 07:57 - Jan 26 with 3522 viewsnbsiyag

It's all about belief. Unfortunately, our manager seems to lack belief that his players can play football and instead tells them that they must at all times get the ball as far away anywhere as possible.
How come Leeds have pushed on and town have gone backwards on 08:02 - Jan 26 with 3496 viewsBenters

How come Leeds have pushed on and town have gone backwards on 07:57 - Jan 26 by nbsiyag

It's all about belief. Unfortunately, our manager seems to lack belief that his players can play football and instead tells them that they must at all times get the ball as far away anywhere as possible.

I agree sometimes the town players look terrified with the ball.

Gentlybentley

How come Leeds have pushed on and town have gone backwards on 08:04 - Jan 26 with 3492 viewssouthnorfolkblue

3 reasons as I see it

1. They have been bringing through a number of good youngsters over the last few years
2. Good manager
3. A striker having a Murphyesque season

Poll: Our final position

How come Leeds have pushed on and town have gone backwards on 08:16 - Jan 26 with 3448 viewsBenters

How come Leeds have pushed on and town have gone backwards on 08:04 - Jan 26 by southnorfolkblue

3 reasons as I see it

1. They have been bringing through a number of good youngsters over the last few years
2. Good manager

Indeed.

Gentlybentley

How come Leeds have pushed on and town have gone backwards on 08:19 - Jan 26 with 3433 viewstaximan

How come Leeds have pushed on and town have gone backwards on 08:04 - Jan 26 by southnorfolkblue

3 reasons as I see it

2. Good manager

are you suggesting chris wood is a one season wonder ?
Login to get fewer ads

How come Leeds have pushed on and town have gone backwards on 08:22 - Jan 26 with 3416 viewsBenters

How come Leeds have pushed on and town have gone backwards on 08:19 - Jan 26 by taximan

are you suggesting chris wood is a one season wonder ?

He is having a great season... didnt he used to be at town ?

Gentlybentley

How come Leeds have pushed on and town have gone backwards on 08:25 - Jan 26 with 3401 viewstaximan

How come Leeds have pushed on and town have gone backwards on 08:22 - Jan 26 by Benters

He is having a great season... didnt he used to be at town ?

he did

surprisingly enough, he wasn't fit whilst on loan here !!!!!
How come Leeds have pushed on and town have gone backwards on 08:25 - Jan 26 with 3401 viewschislehurstblue

How come Leeds have pushed on and town have gone backwards on 07:56 - Jan 26 by Benters

Agreed but its all we can afford to do. If you look at the league table, with a few exceptions, the budget given to the managers is not to different in league standings. We deserve to be where we are.
How come Leeds have pushed on and town have gone backwards on 08:34 - Jan 26 with 3372 viewspoppiesman

Leeds have a young modern day manager and not an old relic stuck in the 1970's.
How come Leeds have pushed on and town have gone backwards on 08:45 - Jan 26 with 3346 viewschislehurstblue

How come Leeds have pushed on and town have gone backwards on 08:34 - Jan 26 by poppiesman

Leeds have a young modern day manager and not an old relic stuck in the 1970's.

Monk is a good manager

Not sure about your comments about MM - Not too different to Pulis, Rowett (who most on here want as our new manager) Big Sam to name but a few.

Makes me laugh - MM is a relic/Dino Mick and then state that they want Rowett.
How come Leeds have pushed on and town have gone backwards on 09:09 - Jan 26 with 3293 viewsfactual_blue

Immigration

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

How come Leeds have pushed on and town have gone backwards on 09:23 - Jan 26 with 3260 viewsITFCBlues

Because they've spent ALOT of money & we haven't?

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

How come Leeds have pushed on and town have gone backwards on 09:27 - Jan 26 with 3246 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Simple.

After they had sold Byram to West Ham and Cook to Bournemouth they re-invested money in making their team stronger and better.

They weren't interested to be a ridiculous tinpot outfit to fund permanent deals for the players of Best, Coke, Toure or Varney calibre. They wanted a progress therefore they decided to spend a bit and bolster their team and it seems to be paying off this season. A few good players signed up + a few their own youngsters, forward thinking manager they are indeed making a progress.

Yet the happy clapping gang here keeps defending Evans and McCarthy.
[Post edited 26 Jan 2017 9:28]
How come Leeds have pushed on and town have gone backwards on 09:32 - Jan 26 with 3203 viewschristiand

Benters, I think they have employed a terrific manager in Monk - why Swansea got rid of him I do not know? Secondly, they have a well balanced side with the right blend of youth and experience. In addition, their support. The fans are coming back in their droves and their attendances are getting larger and larger. They are without doubt a big club, just waiting to establish themselves again. I honestly think this will be the season they go back up.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

How come Leeds have pushed on and town have gone backwards on 09:34 - Jan 26 with 3188 viewstaximan

How come Leeds have pushed on and town have gone backwards on 09:27 - Jan 26 by Mach_foreignBlue

Simple.

After they had sold Byram to West Ham and Cook to Bournemouth they re-invested money in making their team stronger and better.

They weren't interested to be a ridiculous tinpot outfit to fund permanent deals for the players of Best, Coke, Toure or Varney calibre. They wanted a progress therefore they decided to spend a bit and bolster their team and it seems to be paying off this season. A few good players signed up + a few their own youngsters, forward thinking manager they are indeed making a progress.

great post

#wehaveaplan
How come Leeds have pushed on and town have gone backwards on 09:39 - Jan 26 with 3165 viewsITFCBlues

How come Leeds have pushed on and town have gone backwards on 09:27 - Jan 26 by Mach_foreignBlue

Simple.

Agree. Although I'm happy with Mick, I think our recruitment when selling Mings was a joke

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

How come Leeds have pushed on and town have gone backwards on 09:40 - Jan 26 with 3154 viewsSwansea_Blue

3 reasons as I see it

2. Good manager

Yep, it's a combination of all things coming together.

- The decision to hire Monk has paid off (about time too, they've tried enough managers)
- They've a good striker on form to build the team around
- Monk's contacts have allowed him to add a little bit of extra quality for this league in important areas - Bartley at CB and Hernandez as the creative player.

I'm surprised at the way they're playing football though - when Monk was down here he was ultra-defensive and dismantled the flowing passing game the Swans were previously known for. He's not at all popular down here for that. In hindsight, that may have been because he realised the squad was limited and he thought the only way to grind out results was to 'do a McCarthy'. Now he's got some relatively good players for the league he can be a bit more expansive. Just a guess.

Certainly shows what a difference a new manager makes - although to think that there was talk of his job being on the line after the bad 8 or so game start!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

How come Leeds have pushed on and town have gone backwards on 10:05 - Jan 26 with 3113 viewschislehurstblue

How come Leeds have pushed on and town have gone backwards on 09:40 - Jan 26 by Swansea_Blue

Yep, it's a combination of all things coming together.

- The decision to hire Monk has paid off (about time too, they've tried enough managers)
- They've a good striker on form to build the team around
- Monk's contacts have allowed him to add a little bit of extra quality for this league in important areas - Bartley at CB and Hernandez as the creative player.

I'm surprised at the way they're playing football though - when Monk was down here he was ultra-defensive and dismantled the flowing passing game the Swans were previously known for. He's not at all popular down here for that. In hindsight, that may have been because he realised the squad was limited and he thought the only way to grind out results was to 'do a McCarthy'. Now he's got some relatively good players for the league he can be a bit more expansive. Just a guess.

Certainly shows what a difference a new manager makes - although to think that there was talk of his job being on the line after the bad 8 or so game start!

Our fans would want Wenger, Jose or Pep out after 10 games if we werent playing open attacking football, winning every games 5-0 and spending millions.
How come Leeds have pushed on and town have gone backwards on 10:11 - Jan 26 with 3100 viewsbraveblue

Good Manager

Style of play

Investment

None of that here I'm afraid
How come Leeds have pushed on and town have gone backwards on 10:26 - Jan 26 with 3082 viewsReuser_is_God

Simple.

Rocket science that.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

How come Leeds have pushed on and town have gone backwards on 10:28 - Jan 26 with 3072 viewsReuser_is_God

How come Leeds have pushed on and town have gone backwards on 09:39 - Jan 26 by ITFCBlues

Agree. Although I'm happy with Mick, I think our recruitment when selling Mings was a joke

It was horrendous.

Pitman - still here, doesn't suit our style
Fraser - was never going to sign permanently
Knudsen - woeful
Oar - long gone
Douglas - woeful
Coke - who?
Toure - long gone
Malarkzyk - long gone
[Post edited 26 Jan 2017 10:30]

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

How come Leeds have pushed on and town have gone backwards on 10:28 - Jan 26 with 3069 viewsimsureazzure

How come Leeds have pushed on and town have gone backwards on 07:56 - Jan 26 by Benters

It is about to become less boring for sure.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024