Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If you had 5 minutes in a room with ME, what points would you 15:07 - Feb 1 with 1479 viewsclive_baker

want to land with him?

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

If you had 5 minutes in a room with ME, what points would you on 15:14 - Feb 1 with 1465 viewsMJallday

a right hook

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

If you had 5 minutes in a room with ME, what points would you on 15:15 - Feb 1 with 1455 viewshoppy

Depends if he gives a straight answer when asked the favourite cheese question or not.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

If you had 5 minutes in a room with ME, what points would you on 15:16 - Feb 1 with 1446 viewsMJallday

If you had 5 minutes in a room with ME, what points would you on 15:15 - Feb 1 by hoppy

Depends if he gives a straight answer when asked the favourite cheese question or not.

well i dont think he'd give a homosexual one.

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

If you had 5 minutes in a room with ME, what points would you on 15:17 - Feb 1 with 1433 viewsblueislander

Shefki or Pablo?
If you had 5 minutes in a room with ME, what points would you on 15:17 - Feb 1 with 1432 viewsTheDailyTractor

If you had 5 minutes in a room with ME, what points would you on 15:14 - Feb 1 by MJallday

a right hook

That sir, made me chuckle. Brilliant
If you had 5 minutes in a room with ME, what points would you on 15:20 - Feb 1 with 1404 viewsFrimleyBlue

Question 1 and only 1

What the FK are you doing?

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

If you had 5 minutes in a room with ME, what points would you on 15:22 - Feb 1 with 1390 viewshoppy

If you had 5 minutes in a room with ME, what points would you on 15:16 - Feb 1 by MJallday

well i dont think he'd give a homosexual one.

He may do. He's a very private man.

If you had 5 minutes in a room with ME, what points would you on 15:24 - Feb 1 with 1372 viewsrickw

Sorry to put a serious answer, but....

"Yes I know Mick has done well in the past - but that's the past!! George Burley took us to 5th in the Premier league, but we were right to sack him when we did. Neither became a bad manager overnight, but when things stop working the owner has to react!!"

"Promotion to the Premier League on our current budget is now less of an outside bet and would be a miracle!"

"2 years ago when Mick had us near the top, that was the time for an investment in players - buying a couple of quality players then could have given us what we needed for promotion - you failed the club then."

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

Login to get fewer ads

If you had 5 minutes in a room with ME, what points would you on 15:27 - Feb 1 with 1337 viewshowdonblue

My five point plan
1. Fxxk
2. Off
3. Now
4.You
5.Cock
If you had 5 minutes in a room with ME, what points would you on 15:31 - Feb 1 with 1303 viewsBLUEBEAT

In retrospect, would you have bought our way into the Premiership in your first season rather than try to do it the cheap way, decreasing budgets/optimism each season thereafter blah blah blah?

Poll: ACID, FUNK, ACID FUNK?

If you had 5 minutes in a room with ME, what points would you on 15:32 - Feb 1 with 1292 viewsGlasgowBlue

Knowing that money doesn't always buy immediate success; why were you only prepared to spend money in the last season of Jim Magilton's term and the first season of Roy Keane's?

Was it sh1t or bust, knowing that if we couldn't buy promotion in two seasons we would then starve the next managers of funds for the remainder of your time as owner?

Were you unaware that investment in players is an ongoing process?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

If you had 5 minutes in a room with ME, what points would you on 15:37 - Feb 1 with 1261 viewsHarryfromBath

There are so many, but here's a few...

(1) Why did you waste so much money on an incompetent buffoon and then fail to back a man who proved he knew what he was doing?

(2) Do you know that you can spend more than £2m on a player and still improve their value or get your money back?

(3) Are you aware that the financial topography of the Championship changes with every new Premier League TV deal?

(4) Do you know that your five-point plan is unsustainable in this division, although it may work quite well in League One?

(5) Will you either fund your manager appropriately or sell the club? No, Marcus, not the five-point plan. Again, will you either fund your manager appropriately or sell the club?

That's a fair pile of assumptions you've jumped to there.....
Poll: Who Do You Think Will Win The Championship Play-offs?
Blog: How Mick McCarthy Accelerated His Own Departure

If you had 5 minutes in a room with ME, what points would you on 15:38 - Feb 1 with 1241 viewsJ2BLUE

I would be torn between wanting to ask 100 questions and thinking it was pointless to ask any.

Whatever I asked I would be recording the conversation.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

If you had 5 minutes in a room with ME, what points would you on 15:40 - Feb 1 with 1223 viewsNo9

Hey Marcus; "you still playing golf with 'arry?
He still filling you full of sh!t?
If you had 5 minutes in a room with ME, what points would you on 15:45 - Feb 1 with 1178 viewsTheBlueBarca

"Marcus, I appreciate your efforts in trying to build a Premiership standard football club. I have admired your willingness to try and work within our means while still trying to progress.

However, under your leadership things have simply not worked out. We now stare relegation in the face again after your third managerial appointment. There has been no progress on the field, the gates are dropping to record lows and you have lost upwards of £50million in just a 9 year period. My advice to you at this stage, rather than continue to see you lose money for no gain, is to cut your losses and sell up.

In life sometimes things do not work out, despite everyone's best efforts. This is not a personal issue, but I really feel the best thing you could do for Ipswich at this stage would be to move on. Continuing as we are together in this partnership could easily see you lose more than another £50million and destroy what's left of our much loved football club.

I am sure you came here with nothing but the best intentions but this is a relationship that is simply not working and both Ipswich and yourself need to part ways to make for a more positive future for both parties."

Everyone on this forum is always wrong.
Poll: Should Tommy Smith be awarded a Testimonial at Ipswich?

If you had 5 minutes in a room with ME, what points would you on 16:23 - Feb 1 with 1079 viewsRadlett_blue

If you had 5 minutes in a room with ME, what points would you on 15:32 - Feb 1 by GlasgowBlue

Knowing that money doesn't always buy immediate success; why were you only prepared to spend money in the last season of Jim Magilton's term and the first season of Roy Keane's?

Was it sh1t or bust, knowing that if we couldn't buy promotion in two seasons we would then starve the next managers of funds for the remainder of your time as owner?

Were you unaware that investment in players is an ongoing process?

Jim was given funds as soon as Evans arrived as owner in January 2008, & he came up with McCauley (good), Norris (average & hugely over priced), Alan Quinn (average at best) & Shumi. I don't think Evans entirely rated or trusted Jim & hence he was reduced to signing the likes of Kevin Lisbie by the summer. Keane was given a way bigger budget but, yes, only for one season.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

If you had 5 minutes in a room with ME, what points would you on 17:44 - Feb 1 with 998 viewsGlasgowBlue

If you had 5 minutes in a room with ME, what points would you on 16:23 - Feb 1 by Radlett_blue

Jim was given funds as soon as Evans arrived as owner in January 2008, & he came up with McCauley (good), Norris (average & hugely over priced), Alan Quinn (average at best) & Shumi. I don't think Evans entirely rated or trusted Jim & hence he was reduced to signing the likes of Kevin Lisbie by the summer. Keane was given a way bigger budget but, yes, only for one season.

It's like a lottery winner taking over the club. Spending big for a couple of years and then having no money to spend.

If that is the case then he shouldn't have bought the club.

If he does have the funds to spend as he did in 2008 and 2009 then he should continue to do so.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

If you had 5 minutes in a room with ME, what points would you on 17:50 - Feb 1 with 982 viewscaught-in-limbo

I'd ask him how I'd know it was Marcus Evans I was talking to.

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

If you had 5 minutes in a room with ME, what points would you on 18:13 - Feb 1 with 941 viewsNewcyBlue

If you had 5 minutes in a room with ME, what points would you on 17:50 - Feb 1 by caught-in-limbo

I'd ask him how I'd know it was Marcus Evans I was talking to.

Compare the person you see with the voodoo doll DoobDude carries...

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

If you had 5 minutes in a room with ME, what points would you on 18:21 - Feb 1 with 925 viewsSuperfrans

Do you think we will ever be promoted under the five point plan?
If you do, what will be the determining factor and how long will it take?

Who decides on the valuation of players we are looking to sign? Why are we getting our valuations so wrong?
How are you proposing to correct this in future Windows?

Ultimately, what is your exit strategy?

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

If you had 5 minutes in a room with ME, what points would you on 18:25 - Feb 1 with 906 viewsCotty

If you had 5 minutes in a room with ME, what points would you on 15:24 - Feb 1 by rickw

Sorry to put a serious answer, but....

"Yes I know Mick has done well in the past - but that's the past!! George Burley took us to 5th in the Premier league, but we were right to sack him when we did. Neither became a bad manager overnight, but when things stop working the owner has to react!!"

"Promotion to the Premier League on our current budget is now less of an outside bet and would be a miracle!"

"2 years ago when Mick had us near the top, that was the time for an investment in players - buying a couple of quality players then could have given us what we needed for promotion - you failed the club then."

No questions in there, but a decent rant!
If you had 5 minutes in a room with ME, what points would you on 18:49 - Feb 1 with 866 viewshoppy

If you had 5 minutes in a room with ME, what points would you on 18:25 - Feb 1 by Cotty

No questions in there, but a decent rant!

Which fits entirely with the OP, which asked what points you would want to land on him, not what questions you would want to ask him.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024