Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Warky Report: Derby (H) 17:07 - Feb 1 with 973 viewsWarkystache

Didn't go. Felt unwell and just wanted to come home, sit in me dressing gown and feel sorry for meself. Sh*t day at work as well. It all conspired. Moan moan f*cking stop moaning and get on with it. It was peeing down when I left and the thought of risking pneumonia to watch a probable poor show and a defeat was more than mitigation.

I felt like one of those drippy blokes you used to see in telly adverts (hopefully not ones produced by Mr Verbiage) who walk about with bright red hooters moaning pathetically about their colds. "Try Lemsip Toxic strength and give those sniffles the heave-ho in just one hour, you whining miserable prick". Lemsip tastes like the sort of lemon squash my nan used to buy down the market in the '80's, which used to contain more additives than fertilizer. We once tried making ice lollies out of it as kids and they glowed in the dark. It must have been made near the outflow pipes from Sellafield. My nan was great at discovering sh*t food we'd never heard of. She'd have been in her element with all the Polish stuff you can get in corner shops now. I remember her coming home with Ice Pops once. They were the colour of neat Fairy liquid unfrozen; once frozen (about three days in the back of the freezer), they shattered when sucked and every bit tasted only of stale iced water. It wasn't til you got to the last inch that your mouth encountered the sugar bit and you puckered your face up like a bulldog on the vinegar strokes. It wasn't a nice flavour. Don't know what flavour it was meant to be (it was all in Russian or summink) but they definitely weren't a treat. Probably a KGB slow-release poison designed to cripple English kids whose grandparents were tighter than a gnat's chuff when it came to food purchasing.

My reheated curry and naan breads were welcome, even if they gave me indigestion later. I obviously knew we were 3-0 down before half-time and I let it rinse over me. I've stopped caring about my team. They've stopped caring about my mental well-being and the fact even Villa fans are taking the piss at work. I didn't revisit TWTD for updates in the second half. I played a bit of Leonard Cohen on the Youtube thing on Sky instead. Cohen crooned about Suzanne and I found metaphors for Mick Mac in it: "But he himself was broken, Long before the sky would open, Forsaken, almost human, He sank beneath your wisdom like a stone"

Went to bed sadder but wiser. I used to wonder if I was the Jonah, now I realise we're just as sh*t if I'm there or if I'm not. "And even though it all went wronger, I'll stand before Mic Mac and Connor, with nothing on my tongue but hallelujah".

Poll: If we were guaranteed promotion next season, how would you celebrate?
Blog: [Blog] It's Time the Club Pushed On

The Warky Report: Derby (H) on 17:11 - Feb 1 with 936 viewshype313

One bit of advice, Night Nurse and half a bottle of it.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

The Warky Report: Derby (H) on 17:16 - Feb 1 with 911 viewsfactual_blue

You should have popped down for a couple if boxes of free doughnuts.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

The Warky Report: Derby (H) on 17:21 - Feb 1 with 895 viewsWarkystache

The Warky Report: Derby (H) on 17:16 - Feb 1 by factual_blue

You should have popped down for a couple if boxes of free doughnuts.

Sort of peace offering?

The Warky Report: Derby (H) on 17:26 - Feb 1 with 868 viewsfactual_blue

The Warky Report: Derby (H) on 17:21 - Feb 1 by Warkystache

Sort of peace offering?

Promotional thing in Portman Road. So you could have picked up a couple of boxes and peaced off.

The Warky Report: Derby (H) on 17:33 - Feb 1 with 853 viewsWarkystache

The Warky Report: Derby (H) on 17:26 - Feb 1 by factual_blue

Promotional thing in Portman Road. So you could have picked up a couple of boxes and peaced off.

I love doughnuts, me. But only jam ones.

Those Krispy Kreme ones you can get at Sainsburys are too yank for me.

The Warky Report: Derby (H) on 17:46 - Feb 1 with 824 viewsfactual_blue

The Warky Report: Derby (H) on 17:33 - Feb 1 by Warkystache

I love doughnuts, me. But only jam ones.

Those Krispy Kreme ones you can get at Sainsburys are too yank for me.

They were the KK type. People were taking armloads of boxes, the sugar-stuffed little gluttons.

The Warky Report: Derby (H) on 18:12 - Feb 1 with 776 viewsmonty_radio

Did go. Felt unwell and just wanted to come home...............................

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

The Warky Report: Derby (H) on 18:34 - Feb 1 with 739 viewsfactual_blue

The Warky Report: Derby (H) on 18:12 - Feb 1 by monty_radio

Did go. Felt unwell and just wanted to come home...............................

The bloke operating the Co-Op exit gate was doing brisk business when I left after 70 minutes.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024