Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone had a private investigator following you? 12:02 - Feb 9 with 8758 viewsstickymockwell

My megalomaniac paranoid boss has one on me right now. I'm finding it quite funny as the poor bloke must be board out of his brain, but my wife is going frigging nuts at the thought of us being watched.
Any advice on how to deal with such matters would be appreciated.

Give him a ball and a yard of grass
Poll: How many times have you looked at the table since full time yesterday?

Anyone had a private investigator following you? on 12:03 - Feb 9 with 3969 viewsbluewein

You think you're being followed and it's your boss who's paranoid?

Hi Paz.

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

Anyone had a private investigator following you? on 12:04 - Feb 9 with 3981 viewsBlueBadger

If he's sat outside the house, I'd be inclined to nip out every so often to say things like 'if you fancy a cuppa or need the loo just come and knock on'.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Anyone had a private investigator following you? on 12:04 - Feb 9 with 3965 viewsJ2BLUE

Surely you should play along. Get a mate to meet you somewhere quiet and hand over a stuffed envelope and say 'text me when he's dead'.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Anyone had a private investigator following you? on 12:05 - Feb 9 with 3944 viewshype313

Employ a Private Investigator to Investigate the Investigator who is investigating you.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Anyone had a private investigator following you? on 12:08 - Feb 9 with 3923 viewsstickymockwell

Anyone had a private investigator following you? on 12:03 - Feb 9 by bluewein

You think you're being followed and it's your boss who's paranoid?

Hi Paz.

And Aliens, Russians and foxes in flying cars.
Nah, I'm not paranoid. I've been given info from someone at work, plus my nosey neighbour has been clocking the same car in my cul-de-sac watching my house. The very same car that has been sitting outside my sisters house also.

Anyone had a private investigator following you? on 12:09 - Feb 9 with 3897 viewsBasuco

Head into London jump on and off tube trains at the last minute and loop back on yourself repeatedly and try to lose him. That could be good fun.
Anyone had a private investigator following you? on 12:09 - Feb 9 with 3887 viewsI_LOVE_GOLLOB

Stuff a banana in his car exhaust pipe then drive off in a hurry and watch him follow

Poll: How would you kill a budgie?

Anyone had a private investigator following you? on 12:11 - Feb 9 with 3863 viewsstickymockwell

Anyone had a private investigator following you? on 12:09 - Feb 9 by Basuco

Head into London jump on and off tube trains at the last minute and loop back on yourself repeatedly and try to lose him. That could be good fun.

I could just sit on the circle line for hours. I've got a company fuel card so a nice trip to the capital could be good

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone had a private investigator following you? on 12:12 - Feb 9 with 3853 viewshoppy

Stick this to his windscreen with No More Nails...

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Anyone had a private investigator following you? on 12:12 - Feb 9 with 3837 viewsOxfordTH_1981

Why would your boss undertake surveillance? It's quite an extreme step to take.
Anyone had a private investigator following you? on 12:13 - Feb 9 with 3810 viewsNewcyBlue

Go on a bender with Lucan, then when the PI reports what happened your boss will immediately fire him for making up such absurd stuff.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Anyone had a private investigator following you? on 12:14 - Feb 9 with 3786 viewsbluelagos

In a vehicle, driving round a roundabout would confirm or otherwise if you are being followed (Or lose him)

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Anyone had a private investigator following you? on 12:17 - Feb 9 with 3732 viewsBluebell

Anyone had a private investigator following you? on 12:12 - Feb 9 by hoppy

Stick this to his windscreen with No More Nails...

Or this....

Anyone had a private investigator following you? on 12:17 - Feb 9 with 3730 viewsSwansea_Blue

Anyone had a private investigator following you? on 12:08 - Feb 9 by stickymockwell

Nah, I'm not paranoid. I've been given info from someone at work, plus my nosey neighbour has been clocking the same car in my cul-de-sac watching my house. The very same car that has been sitting outside my sisters house also.

Have you thought it could be the wife of the husband your missus is seeing who's hired the PI. No? Oh, ok sorry forget I ever said anything. Nothing to see here

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Anyone had a private investigator following you? on 12:18 - Feb 9 with 3707 viewsBlueBadger

Anyone had a private investigator following you? on 12:04 - Feb 9 by BlueBadger

If he's sat outside the house, I'd be inclined to nip out every so often to say things like 'if you fancy a cuppa or need the loo just come and knock on'.

It's what I do with Taximan, only he just shouts things like 'YOU AINT MY MATE BEFORE GOING BACK INTO THE BUSHES AGAIN'.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Anyone had a private investigator following you? on 12:20 - Feb 9 with 3701 viewsSignificant_Blue

I often find that Private Investigators are employed for absolutely no reason, so I wouldn't worry about it.

ITFC Forever

Anyone had a private investigator following you? on 12:22 - Feb 9 with 3669 viewsGeoffSentence

Anyone had a private investigator following you? on 12:11 - Feb 9 by stickymockwell

I could just sit on the circle line for hours. I've got a company fuel card so a nice trip to the capital could be good

what about if your paranoid boss is investigating your use of the fuel card?

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Anyone had a private investigator following you? on 12:24 - Feb 9 with 3642 viewsGeoffSentence

Anyone had a private investigator following you? on 12:20 - Feb 9 by Significant_Blue

I often find that Private Investigators are employed for absolutely no reason, so I wouldn't worry about it.

How do you 'often' find that? Are you investigated frequently or something?

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Anyone had a private investigator following you? on 12:25 - Feb 9 with 3617 viewshoppy

Anyone had a private investigator following you? on 12:24 - Feb 9 by GeoffSentence

It's a "LOOK AT ME, WATCH MEEEEE" thing.

Anyone had a private investigator following you? on 12:28 - Feb 9 with 3577 viewsBackToRussia

Anyone had a private investigator following you? on 12:24 - Feb 9 by GeoffSentence

I was thinking it's the PI trying to get sticky to become complacent.

I should be a PI.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Anyone had a private investigator following you? on 12:29 - Feb 9 with 3564 viewscatch74

Anyone had a private investigator following you? on 12:08 - Feb 9 by stickymockwell

So your boss has suspicions you're turning into a Narwich fan - understandable he's tracking you.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Anyone had a private investigator following you? on 12:29 - Feb 9 with 3562 viewshoppy

Anyone had a private investigator following you? on 12:28 - Feb 9 by BackToRussia

I was thinking it's the PI trying to get sticky to become complacent.

I should be a PI.

If he follows him to a home match, would that make him a Portman PI?

Anyone had a private investigator following you? on 12:29 - Feb 9 with 3592 viewsstickymockwell

Anyone had a private investigator following you? on 12:12 - Feb 9 by OxfordTH_1981

Why would your boss undertake surveillance? It's quite an extreme step to take.

Long story.
I've handed in my notice and he thinks I'm going to go into competition with him. If he can catch me out then he can sue me.

Anyone had a private investigator following you? on 12:30 - Feb 9 with 3540 viewsBackToRussia

Anyone had a private investigator following you? on 12:29 - Feb 9 by hoppy

If he follows him to a home match, would that make him a Portman PI?

Dolly?

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Anyone had a private investigator following you? on 12:30 - Feb 9 with 3542 viewsconnorscontract

Take video and photos of the car.

Get some legal advice. I believe this is harassment and completely unreasonable, but then I don't know the ins and outs of your situation. If your solicitor agrees and you resign then you would have a case for constructive dismissal and could win a lot of compensation.

You could go to the Doctors and tell them what strain you are under, get signed off sick. Repeat. Resign after a few months. Then put in a case for constructive dismissal and get a new job.

Your wife's mental health is more important than anything else here...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024