Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chinese tourist visas 15:38 - Feb 21 with 1540 viewsfactual_blue

What a nightmare.

And £150 a throw.

#lookatMEEEEEEE
[Post edited 21 Feb 2017 15:38]

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Chinese tourist visas on 15:47 - Feb 21 with 1190 viewsLord_Lucan

You used to be able to go to The Embassy and do it in a couple of hours, alas no more. Then they moved it somewhere near Chancery Lane and it was a hassle as if you didn't get seen till late because of the queue and they failed to do it by 15.30 you were screwed and had to come another day. Eventually I found someone that would make me next in line for a tenner but I think he got the sack.

I find these guys the best of the lot http://www.visaforchina.org/EDI_EN/index.shtml

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Chinese tourist visas on 15:53 - Feb 21 with 1176 viewsitfcjoe

When I went by crossing border from HK to Shenzen it was about £20, not that that helps you!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Chinese tourist visas on 15:54 - Feb 21 with 1164 viewsLord_Lucan

Chinese tourist visas on 15:53 - Feb 21 by itfcjoe

When I went by crossing border from HK to Shenzen it was about £20, not that that helps you!

How long ago was that and was it a single entry?

You got it in HK?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Chinese tourist visas on 15:54 - Feb 21 with 1163 viewsWD19

Are you stalking me? I am off there next Thursday for work.
Chinese tourist visas on 15:59 - Feb 21 with 1148 viewsitfcjoe

Chinese tourist visas on 15:54 - Feb 21 by Lord_Lucan

You got it in HK?

2011, was only going for a night so may just have been a pass for that

Chinese tourist visas on 16:01 - Feb 21 with 1141 viewsoldbluestu

That's almost what we should charge for UK tourists Visa
Chinese tourist visas on 16:34 - Feb 21 with 1115 viewsLord_Lucan

Chinese tourist visas on 15:59 - Feb 21 by itfcjoe

2011, was only going for a night so may just have been a pass for that

Did you stay in Shenzhen? I fecking hate that place.

Chinese tourist visas on 16:46 - Feb 21 with 1084 viewsitfcjoe

Chinese tourist visas on 16:34 - Feb 21 by Lord_Lucan

Did you stay in Shenzhen? I fecking hate that place.

Yep, only for a night before we went back over the border - was basically a shopping trip with mate and his missus

Login to get fewer ads

Chinese tourist visas on 17:00 - Feb 21 with 1061 viewsLord_Lucan

Chinese tourist visas on 16:46 - Feb 21 by itfcjoe

Yep, only for a night before we went back over the border - was basically a shopping trip with mate and his missus

I'm more used to going a bit further north and people are friendly, no crime etc. When I first went to Shenzhen I couldn't believe it. Everyone looked like they just came out of prison. One night I had an actual nightmare and was convinced someone was trying to get in my room. I was suffering from sleep deprivation and was almost hallucinating. I was in such a state but I eventually went to sleep but ended up punching myself and giving myself a black eye.

Chinese tourist visas on 17:02 - Feb 21 with 1051 viewsfactual_blue

Chinese tourist visas on 15:47 - Feb 21 by Lord_Lucan

You used to be able to go to The Embassy and do it in a couple of hours, alas no more. Then they moved it somewhere near Chancery Lane and it was a hassle as if you didn't get seen till late because of the queue and they failed to do it by 15.30 you were screwed and had to come another day. Eventually I found someone that would make me next in line for a tenner but I think he got the sack.

I find these guys the best of the lot http://www.visaforchina.org/EDI_EN/index.shtml

Thanks for that -I'll have a look. I certainly can't be bothered to schlep up to London twice. It seems they now take a couple of days minimum, so it's worth paying one if the companies. They've also decided on - and now enforce rigorously - a weird 33x48mm photo. Fortunately Sneezums in BSE will do the requisite number of pics for £8 per person.

Mrs Factual and her 'I want to see pandas'.

Chinese tourist visas on 17:03 - Feb 21 with 1036 viewsfactual_blue

Chinese tourist visas on 15:54 - Feb 21 by WD19

Are you stalking me? I am off there next Thursday for work.

It's ok, we're not going till May.

Chinese tourist visas on 17:13 - Feb 21 with 1007 viewsLord_Lucan

Chinese tourist visas on 17:02 - Feb 21 by factual_blue

Thanks for that -I'll have a look. I certainly can't be bothered to schlep up to London twice. It seems they now take a couple of days minimum, so it's worth paying one if the companies. They've also decided on - and now enforce rigorously - a weird 33x48mm photo. Fortunately Sneezums in BSE will do the requisite number of pics for £8 per person.

Yeah you have to be very careful with photos.

I don't know if the place I recommended is competitive price wise but I find them helpful and quick. Last think you need are problems getting in. Where are you flying in to?

Chinese tourist visas on 17:18 - Feb 21 with 998 viewsClapham_Junction

I would warn her not to get too excited. I went to see them at Beijing zoo in January and most of them were asleep slumped against the side of their enclosures. Luckily we did see one that was eating and then started messing around on a tree. There was also a great information board that said something along the lines of "Pandas spend 60% of their time eating, 38% of the time sleeping and 2% wondering."

The rest of the zoo was very depressing as the animals were not being kept in the best condition. One elephant seemed to have gone mad through boredom or loneliness :(
Chinese tourist visas on 17:21 - Feb 21 with 989 viewsbluelagos

Got a business visa from Chinese Embassy in Nigeria with minimal hassle. Lost less than 150 from memory.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Chinese tourist visas on 17:23 - Feb 21 with 983 viewsLord_Lucan

Chinese tourist visas on 17:18 - Feb 21 by Clapham_Junction

I would warn her not to get too excited. I went to see them at Beijing zoo in January and most of them were asleep slumped against the side of their enclosures. Luckily we did see one that was eating and then started messing around on a tree. There was also a great information board that said something along the lines of "Pandas spend 60% of their time eating, 38% of the time sleeping and 2% wondering."

The rest of the zoo was very depressing as the animals were not being kept in the best condition. One elephant seemed to have gone mad through boredom or loneliness :(

Having witnessed bears on bikes and baby tigers sucking milk from pigs in Thailand I certainly wouldn't go near a zoo in China. I know for a fact that in China in crocodile farms you can visit them and buy a stick to whack the crocodiles with.

To be honest though I wouldn't even go to Colchester zoo.

Chinese tourist visas on 17:35 - Feb 21 with 946 viewsfactual_blue

We're going to Chengdu . I insist that pandas don't exist, and are all blokes just dressed up.

Chinese tourist visas on 17:36 - Feb 21 with 936 viewsfactual_blue

Chinese tourist visas on 17:21 - Feb 21 by bluelagos

Got a business visa from Chinese Embassy in Nigeria with minimal hassle. Lost less than 150 from memory.

Yes, but you were in Nigeria. It was probably a fake visa.

Chinese tourist visas on 17:43 - Feb 21 with 931 viewsLord_Lucan

Chinese tourist visas on 17:35 - Feb 21 by factual_blue

We're going to Chengdu . I insist that pandas don't exist, and are all blokes just dressed up.

Spicy food there.

Yum yum

Chinese tourist visas on 17:46 - Feb 21 with 925 viewsvapour_trail

I went to a zoo in Bangkok, and they had smoking gorillas. It was all a bit grim.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Chinese tourist visas on 17:51 - Feb 21 with 910 viewsLord_Lucan

Chinese tourist visas on 17:46 - Feb 21 by vapour_trail

I went to a zoo in Bangkok, and they had smoking gorillas. It was all a bit grim.

Yeah, sounds like the sort of place I went to near to Pattaya. I genuinely had no Idea it would be like what it was. I had the kids with me and they were quite young. When the bears and monkeys started riding their bikes I wanted to walk out immediately but I didn't want the kids to be alarmed. Very difficult situation.

Chinese tourist visas on 17:55 - Feb 21 with 900 viewsvapour_trail

Chinese tourist visas on 17:51 - Feb 21 by Lord_Lucan

Yeah, sounds like the sort of place I went to near to Pattaya. I genuinely had no Idea it would be like what it was. I had the kids with me and they were quite young. When the bears and monkeys started riding their bikes I wanted to walk out immediately but I didn't want the kids to be alarmed. Very difficult situation.

Yeah we sacked it off pretty sharpish, and retired somewhere more welcoming. I haven't been for 20 years now, I'd like to go back.

Chinese tourist visas on 17:59 - Feb 21 with 890 viewsLord_Lucan

Chinese tourist visas on 17:55 - Feb 21 by vapour_trail

Yeah we sacked it off pretty sharpish, and retired somewhere more welcoming. I haven't been for 20 years now, I'd like to go back.

I think I last went in 2007 but I am not keen on Bangkok.

I considered going in January but decided that I run a high risk of getting into a scrape so opted for Mexico.

Chinese tourist visas on 18:45 - Feb 21 with 840 viewsvapour_trail

Chinese tourist visas on 17:59 - Feb 21 by Lord_Lucan

I think I last went in 2007 but I am not keen on Bangkok.

I considered going in January but decided that I run a high risk of getting into a scrape so opted for Mexico.

At least that went off without any drama.

Chinese tourist visas on 19:21 - Feb 21 with 781 viewsSwansea_Blue

We've got a Fiat Panda. She's welcome to come and look at it any time she wants. Only £6.40 to get into Wales too.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Chinese tourist visas on 20:41 - Feb 21 with 734 viewsNewcyBlue

Chinese tourist visas on 15:54 - Feb 21 by Lord_Lucan

You got it in HK?

We had to get a guy out to Yantian in an emergency and couldn't wait for a Chinese visa. He flew out to Hong Kong then took the boat to the mainland. Visa on arrival. This was December.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024