Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
When we played 4-4-2 19:48 - Mar 11 with 2745 viewsBluefish

It was an out of date system and Mick was a dinosaur because we didn't play 5-3-2 like Chelsea

Now Mick has to go because we should be playing 4-4-2

Our fans are priceless

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

When we played 4-4-2 on 19:58 - Mar 11 with 2195 viewscbower

Can't criticise the factual correctness of what you say at all. However, ther are two ways to deploy any system. One way is to choose a system that best suits the players at your disposal or you buy players that fit into that system over a period of time. Trying to shoehorn Diagouraga and Skuse into that team today was poor. Kenlock and Spence do not provide sufficient attacking threat to be called wing backs and Chambers and Berra are not comfortable enough on the ball to play the system well enough. Whilst McG and Lawrence are talented, neither get into the box enough so we look toothless. I love 532 but we do not have the personnel to do it right now.

bluescouser

When we played 4-4-2 on 20:14 - Mar 11 with 2132 viewsLuk38644

It's not the formation that's the main problem, it's how Mick utilises them.

Look at Leicester, they utilised the 442 to perfection last season, they had a system, they went direct, got in behind and it worked for them. We did a similar thing back in the play-off season.

Look at Chelsea, they played five at the back earlier in the season, it's adapted to more of a 343 now but still, can be perceived as five at the back at times. They get forward in numbers with three purely attacking players supported by a box-to-box midfielder in Kante and two attack-minded wing backs.

Now, look at us. Whether we play 442, 433 or 532, we have the same criticisms most weeks, that being, we're too defensive. In a 442, we had two defensive central midfielders and two wingers who weren't contributing enough going forward. In a 4231/451 formation, we played a striker on the wing and, again, did not get them forward enough, leaving the lone striker isolated. Look at us in a 532, our wing-backs aren't getting forward and supporting the attack enough and our central midfield is too deep (as of the last few games).

It's a common theme and, for me, that is down to Mick being over-cautious.
[Post edited 11 Mar 2017 20:21]
When we played 4-4-2 on 20:44 - Mar 11 with 2042 viewstaximan

When we played 4-4-2 on 20:14 - Mar 11 by Luk38644

Look at Leicester, they utilised the 442 to perfection last season, they had a system, they went direct, got in behind and it worked for them. We did a similar thing back in the play-off season.

Look at Chelsea, they played five at the back earlier in the season, it's adapted to more of a 343 now but still, can be perceived as five at the back at times. They get forward in numbers with three purely attacking players supported by a box-to-box midfielder in Kante and two attack-minded wing backs.

Now, look at us. Whether we play 442, 433 or 532, we have the same criticisms most weeks, that being, we're too defensive. In a 442, we had two defensive central midfielders and two wingers who weren't contributing enough going forward. In a 4231/451 formation, we played a striker on the wing and, again, did not get them forward enough, leaving the lone striker isolated. Look at us in a 532, our wing-backs aren't getting forward and supporting the attack enough and our central midfield is too deep (as of the last few games).

well said
When we played 4-4-2 on 20:48 - Mar 11 with 2033 viewsBluefish

When we played 4-4-2 on 20:14 - Mar 11 by Luk38644

So why are people hanging on about formations to prove a point? They are irrelevant. We just need to be more adventurous

When we played 4-4-2 on 20:51 - Mar 11 with 2021 viewsBarneycurley

When we played 4-4-2 on 20:48 - Mar 11 by Bluefish

So why are people hanging on about formations to prove a point? They are irrelevant. We just need to be more adventurous

Yeah and get ourselves a new manager will start that process

Poll: Last nights obv lling of Evans are him and bluefish ever seen in the same room?

When we played 4-4-2 on 20:58 - Mar 11 with 2001 viewstextbackup

When we played 4-4-2 on 20:48 - Mar 11 by Bluefish

We've needed that for 3 seasons

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

When we played 4-4-2 on 21:03 - Mar 11 with 1977 viewsKeaneish

What a ridiculous post. Mick has to go because he's a failure, it's as simple please as that.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

When we played 4-4-2 on 21:05 - Mar 11 with 1963 viewsGeoffSentence

I particularly enjoy the way you consider ''our fans' as a homogenous mass with a single opinion which keeps changing, rather than a bunch of individuals each with a different opinion. Very amusing indeed.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Login to get fewer ads

When we played 4-4-2 on 21:20 - Mar 11 with 1921 viewsBluefish

When we played 4-4-2 on 21:03 - Mar 11 by Keaneish

What a ridiculous post. Mick has to go because he's a failure, it's as simple please as that.

You are named after the biggest managerial failure in itfc history

When we played 4-4-2 on 21:20 - Mar 11 with 1919 viewsBluefish

When we played 4-4-2 on 21:05 - Mar 11 by GeoffSentence

I particularly enjoy the way you consider ''our fans' as a homogenous mass with a single opinion which keeps changing, rather than a bunch of individuals each with a different opinion. Very amusing indeed.

I consider the majority to be backward c***s

When we played 4-4-2 on 21:37 - Mar 11 with 1873 viewsKeaneish

When we played 4-4-2 on 21:20 - Mar 11 by Bluefish

You are named after the biggest managerial failure in itfc history

It says -ish. Meaning I was ambivalent to his appointment.
McCarthy has had twice as long as Keane and he still can't deliver success. He's equally as much a failure. Another one, only this one seems to be given the luxury of time despite playing the worst football ever seen by a Town side broadcast to millions.

Hats off to Delia. She had the balls to pull the trigger.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

When we played 4-4-2 on 21:38 - Mar 11 with 1856 viewsJosebadleg

When we played 4-4-2 on 21:37 - Mar 11 by Keaneish

McCarthy has had twice as long as Keane and he still can't deliver success. He's equally as much a failure. Another one, only this one seems to be given the luxury of time despite playing the worst football ever seen by a Town side broadcast to millions.

Plus 1 for the pun at the end if it was intended

They say I have a short attenti.........
Poll: What are you looking for in the new manager

When we played 4-4-2 on 21:48 - Mar 11 with 1823 viewspointofblue

5-3-2 works well against the top sides because it floods the mdifield and keeps up reasonably strong at the back. Against sides who prioritise a point it doesn't work as well because we don't have the guile to break them down and that's been the case for a while. I'd be tempted right now to shove Lawrence back into midfield along with Huws and one of Skuse or Diagouraga and place Pitman up front with McGoldrick. The midfield should have more skill about it and with ball-to-feet Pitman could have more success. Replace either him or McGoldrick with Sears when then tire and the sub's pace could worry tiring defences.

Would 4-4-2 work better? I'm not so sure because we have no one to put out on the left wing other than Lawrence, where he would be wasted.

The issue is when we hoof it forward without Daryl Murphy to pick it up. The ball just comes back at us.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

When we played 4-4-2 on 21:56 - Mar 11 with 1792 viewsScuzzer

Nice...so go and support the team up the road.

Established 1968

When we played 4-4-2 on 21:56 - Mar 11 with 1798 viewsTrequartista

1) No-one called for 5-3-2
2) Chelsea play 3-4-3
3) Mick has to go because we are heading for our worst finish in 58 years, with tedious anti-football to boot. The formation he plays is the least of our worries

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

When we played 4-4-2 on 22:45 - Mar 11 with 1708 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

When we played 4-4-2 on 21:03 - Mar 11 by Keaneish

He's actually performing exactly to the budget to position ratio

So technically he's not failing.

Evans is failing to back mick though

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

When we played 4-4-2 on 22:48 - Mar 11 with 1697 viewsBarneycurley

Oh dear been on the sauce again....

Massive t wat

Poll: Last nights obv lling of Evans are him and bluefish ever seen in the same room?

When we played 4-4-2 on 22:50 - Mar 11 with 1690 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

When we played 4-4-2 on 21:37 - Mar 11 by Keaneish

McCarthy is as big a failure as Keane?

You been sniffing glue?????

When we played 4-4-2 on 23:13 - Mar 11 with 1653 viewschislehurstblue

When we played 4-4-2 on 22:45 - Mar 11 by The_Romford_Blue

Excellent post

Some fans are deluded and I don't think have the intelligence to see the real issues.

We are in the position we are due to our budget nothing more. There are 15 or 16 clubs spending more money than us so it's hardly surprising that the majority are, over the course of the season, doing better than us.

Some idiots seem to think that a new manager will get a bigger budget from ME or make free signings / loans plus the very average squad play open attractive football that wins games.

Any idiot that tells you that they would rather see a bunch of kids trying to play football but losing each week is full of BS
When we played 4-4-2 on 23:50 - Mar 11 with 1594 viewspistonbroke

When we played 4-4-2 on 22:45 - Mar 11 by The_Romford_Blue

Load of bull rommy , we have a bigger budget than Lincoln who beat us easy , bigger budget than Pompey , Stevenage , and all the other sides that have knocked us out of cups , the problem we have is people still supporting a dick head of a manager , it was our precious manager who decided to use a centre half as a right back for 4 years , it is our precious manager who played Skuse and Douglas , it was our precious manager that plays a defensive 7 at the back even at home games against teams below us , it was our precious manager that brought on Moore instead of proven goal scorers in Sears and pitman , protect McCarthy all you want , he is a dick , he is too cautious and football has left him behind , Jurassic mick dinosaur McCarthy
When we played 4-4-2 on 23:56 - Mar 11 with 1574 viewsbournemouthblue

Mick takes a 352 and makes it a 5320 or perhaps even a a 361?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

When we played 4-4-2 on 23:57 - Mar 11 with 1571 viewstaximan

When we played 4-4-2 on 23:50 - Mar 11 by pistonbroke

Load of bull rommy , we have a bigger budget than Lincoln who beat us easy , bigger budget than Pompey , Stevenage , and all the other sides that have knocked us out of cups , the problem we have is people still supporting a dick head of a manager , it was our precious manager who decided to use a centre half as a right back for 4 years , it is our precious manager who played Skuse and Douglas , it was our precious manager that plays a defensive 7 at the back even at home games against teams below us , it was our precious manager that brought on Moore instead of proven goal scorers in Sears and pitman , protect McCarthy all you want , he is a dick , he is too cautious and football has left him behind , Jurassic mick dinosaur McCarthy

apart from that though
When we played 4-4-2 on 00:05 - Mar 12 with 1550 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

When we played 4-4-2 on 23:50 - Mar 11 by pistonbroke

You can call him all the names you want.

But the numbers mentioned are that we are a midtabke team on a midtabke budget

That's a bit boring but that's how it is.

When we played 4-4-2 on 00:09 - Mar 12 with 1529 viewspistonbroke

When we played 4-4-2 on 00:05 - Mar 12 by The_Romford_Blue

You can call him all the names you want.

But the numbers mentioned are that we are a midtabke team on a midtabke budget

That's a bit boring but that's how it is.

And he is a cr ap and dated manager with cr ap and dated ideas
You stick up for him all you like , then ask why against wolves did we play so many defensive players and why did he bring on Moore instead of a proven goal scorer
When we played 4-4-2 on 00:12 - Mar 12 with 1508 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

When we played 4-4-2 on 00:09 - Mar 12 by pistonbroke

And he is a cr ap and dated manager with cr ap and dated ideas
You stick up for him all you like , then ask why against wolves did we play so many defensive players and why did he bring on Moore instead of a proven goal scorer

It's 10 past 12, I'm very tired, not been home long.

I really don't want a row or anything like that

I respect your opinion. Please respect mine and that is that our owner is the reason we will not be promoted until investment increases.

Good night

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024