Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dominic Samuel 13:25 - Apr 27 with 1351 viewskizaitfc

Is he any improvement in what we already have and should we be looking for better?

I am getting a little tired of the amount of squad players we seem to sign, wasting money on wages and signing fees, when we could be using the youngsters as backup.

If we were to sign the Rotherham striker and potentially a target man (if Moore is perceived not to be good enough) then surely with Sears and Mcgoldrick in the squad there will be no room for Samuel

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

Dominic Samuel on 13:27 - Apr 27 with 1333 viewsKieran_Knows

I don't think we'll get Ward from Rotherham, IMO. They'll want a fee for him, and I reckon there will be several clubs in this league interested in him, which can pay more in terms of a fee and wages.

I really do think there is going to be quite a turnover of players this summer, in and out. I just hope its more quality, than quantity this time around though.
[Post edited 27 Apr 2017 13:28]

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Dominic Samuel on 13:29 - Apr 27 with 1314 viewskizaitfc

Dominic Samuel on 13:27 - Apr 27 by Kieran_Knows

I don't think we'll get Ward from Rotherham, IMO. They'll want a fee for him, and I reckon there will be several clubs in this league interested in him, which can pay more in terms of a fee and wages.

I really do think there is going to be quite a turnover of players this summer, in and out. I just hope its more quality, than quantity this time around though.
[Post edited 27 Apr 2017 13:28]

I admit its a big if.

But even if so, would we be happy to simply sign Samuel.

I think fans are going to want to see bigger players come through the doors this summer if not I can see it being very tough for Evans and Mick next season.

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

Dominic Samuel on 13:32 - Apr 27 with 1295 viewstheblueginger

I haven't seen or heard much from Samuel to make me think he's the answer to be honest. Would be happy to see him and Pitman not be here in August.

I have said before Danny Ward would be a good fit and seems like a MM type of player. The other striker I would like is Liam Boyce from Ross County, who has been scoring consistently for 3 years and is now starting for Northern Ireland.
Dominic Samuel on 13:33 - Apr 27 with 1290 viewsKieran_Knows

Dominic Samuel on 13:32 - Apr 27 by theblueginger

I haven't seen or heard much from Samuel to make me think he's the answer to be honest. Would be happy to see him and Pitman not be here in August.

I have said before Danny Ward would be a good fit and seems like a MM type of player. The other striker I would like is Liam Boyce from Ross County, who has been scoring consistently for 3 years and is now starting for Northern Ireland.

I don't think Pitman will be here once the season starts. Probably someone we could get a small fee for.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Dominic Samuel on 13:50 - Apr 27 with 1253 viewsWallingford_Boy

Impossible to tell, been injured for 99% of his time here.

But he'll go back to Reading anyway and we'll never see him again.

RIP Sir Bobby

Dominic Samuel on 14:01 - Apr 27 with 1194 viewsSteve_M

In Samuel's case, had he not been injured, then I think we would have seen more of him. He looked sharp and direct in a brief cameo against Birmingham but that's all I've seen of him.

Given how little he has played then it's pretty much impossible for us to know what he might add.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Dominic Samuel on 14:11 - Apr 27 with 1155 viewsNeverTellMeTheOdds

He is a good age at 23 so might be worth a punt if we can get him cheap enough from Reading, guess it will all depend on how much they want for him.

I think there is a decent player there from what I have seen and could easily see him replacing someone like Pitman this summer who I think we will leave in part of the shake up.

Like everything with the Town, it will all come down to £££

Poll: Will the new season ticket prices make you renew for the 2017/2018 season?

Dominic Samuel on 14:12 - Apr 27 with 1143 viewsRadlett_blue

Dominic Samuel on 14:01 - Apr 27 by Steve_M

In Samuel's case, had he not been injured, then I think we would have seen more of him. He looked sharp and direct in a brief cameo against Birmingham but that's all I've seen of him.

Given how little he has played then it's pretty much impossible for us to know what he might add.

We might have learned more about him if Mick had played him in what looks his natural position, which is in the middle. He's scored a few goals when on loan in the lower leagues, but would be a gamble to ask him to lead our line next season. Think he has a year left on his contract as well. If Moore has a future at Town next season, don't really think we need Samuel as well, but given Evans's parsimony, not sure how we'll find a proven central striker.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024