Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mowbray's got a point 12:53 - Apr 30 with 2823 viewsLankHenners

I noticed this yesterday and whilst it's a bit 'tough sh!t' and there's 45 other chances to make sure you're not in that position, if we were where Blackburn are we'd be a bit peeved at Wagner for making 10 changes against Birmingham.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39758489

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Mowbray's got a point on 13:00 - Apr 30 with 2759 viewsBasuco

MM said he would make changes against Rotherham but not against Wednesday or Forest as those games meant something. Very poor from Wagner and Huddesfield in general.
Mowbray's got a point on 13:03 - Apr 30 with 2739 viewsFreddies_Ears

Mowbray's got a point on 13:00 - Apr 30 by Basuco

MM said he would make changes against Rotherham but not against Wednesday or Forest as those games meant something. Very poor from Wagner and Huddesfield in general.

Shows that MM has respect for the league. It would be tempting to make a load of changes next week but it would be disrespectful. So, he won't do it, and made it clear that is the case.
Mowbray's got a point on 13:12 - Apr 30 with 2707 viewsLord_Lucan

I thought it was in FA rules that you must play your strongest side.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Mowbray's got a point on 13:32 - Apr 30 with 2639 viewsbournemouthblue

Mowbray's got a point on 13:12 - Apr 30 by Lord_Lucan

I thought it was in FA rules that you must play your strongest side.

Blackpool got done a few years ago in the Premier league for fielding a weakened team, Holloway was seriously annoyed

It may just be a Premier League rule?

I agree it's tough though, you never want to be in the position for such a situation to arise

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Mowbray's got a point on 13:33 - Apr 30 with 2625 viewsDeano69

Mowbray's got a point on 13:00 - Apr 30 by Basuco

It's respecting the league and shows integrity, unlike Huddersfield

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Mowbray's got a point on 13:37 - Apr 30 with 2610 viewsLankHenners

Mowbray's got a point on 13:32 - Apr 30 by bournemouthblue

Blackpool got done a few years ago in the Premier league for fielding a weakened team, Holloway was seriously annoyed

I agree it's tough though, you never want to be in the position for such a situation to arise

Also Mick was done for it at Wolves when he fielded a weak team against Man Utd knowing they'd likely lose anyway to save his better players for upcoming important matches.

Not sure what punishment they could dish out that would really make a difference. They can't reverse the result as there's no guarantee Huddersfield would have won anyway, and a fine wouldn't help Blackburn out. Being so close to the end of the season rules out a forced replay as well.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Mowbray's got a point on 14:28 - Apr 30 with 2493 viewsmarchy

Mowbray's got a point on 13:32 - Apr 30 by bournemouthblue

This whole thing's weird though, 10 changes is pretty blatant but where's the threshold? Who defines what the team's strongest side is and isn't if not its boss?

What if we put Gerken in goal next week?
[Post edited 30 Apr 2017 14:52]
Mowbray's got a point on 14:33 - Apr 30 with 2463 viewsClausThomsen

Mowbray's got a point on 13:03 - Apr 30 by Freddies_Ears

Shows that MM has respect for the league. It would be tempting to make a load of changes next week but it would be disrespectful. So, he won't do it, and made it clear that is the case.

MM played a weakened side against Man United when in the prem, Man United had something to play for.

If you look at it from Huddersfield's POV it makes sense.

Blackburn's position isn't Huddersfield's problem.
Login to get fewer ads

Mowbray's got a point on 18:54 - Apr 30 with 2165 viewsJ2BLUE

I think it's disgusting from Huddersfield. Big respect to MM for being fair.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Mowbray's got a point on 18:56 - Apr 30 with 2152 viewsbournemouthblue

Mowbray's got a point on 14:33 - Apr 30 by ClausThomsen

MM played a weakened side against Man United when in the prem, Man United had something to play for.

If you look at it from Huddersfield's POV it makes sense.

Blackburn's position isn't Huddersfield's problem.

Exactly, they are always going to want their freshest side for the play-offs

Changing a winning team can have it's downsides also mind you, as we well know with Mick

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Mowbray's got a point on 19:04 - Apr 30 with 2115 viewsSwansea_Blue

Mowbray's got a point on 13:03 - Apr 30 by Freddies_Ears

So what was the Rotherham game then? Was that fielding our strongest team and showing respect for the league? Of course it wasn't.

Shouldn't be an issue imo. Clubs should be able to play anyone from their squad without question. Otherwise what's the point of having them in the playing squad?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Mowbray's got a point on 19:05 - Apr 30 with 2101 viewsJ2BLUE

Mowbray's got a point on 19:04 - Apr 30 by Swansea_Blue

So what was the Rotherham game then? Was that fielding our strongest team and showing respect for the league? Of course it wasn't.

Shouldn't be an issue imo. Clubs should be able to play anyone from their squad without question. Otherwise what's the point of having them in the playing squad?

There was nothing on the Rotherham game.

I'm sure you can see the difference.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Mowbray's got a point on 19:09 - Apr 30 with 2087 viewshoppy

To be fair, there have been one or two where we've wondered what's the point of having them in the playing squad anyway...

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Mowbray's got a point on 20:13 - Apr 30 with 1934 viewspointofblue

Changing the team for the Rotherham game had no impact on the league. Huddersfield changing their team for the Birmingham match potentially did.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Mowbray's got a point on 20:36 - Apr 30 with 1871 viewsSonOfSpock

You can only play who is put in front of you.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024