Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Yes to Lampard all day long. 21:57 - May 18 with 9261 viewsnewbie

I am going to go against the grain and I would be delighted with Lampard. For those comparing the situation to Keane I think that's unfair. Managers have to start somewhere and unlike Keane first of all Lampard comes across a very good bloke. He was a cultured player unlike Keane and with the Chelsea links that's also a plus. I actually think Ross is a bigger gamble from a man who's been managing in a league that's the same standard as league 2.
Yes to Lampard all day long. on 21:59 - May 18 with 5233 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Don't forget the links to City and United, useful for loanees.

He has intelligence and communications skills, unlike Mr Keane.

If a novice is OK for Arsenal, then who's to say we are to big as a first step?

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Yes to Lampard all day long. on 22:00 - May 18 with 5226 viewsbluehook

He’s not even got all his coaching badges yet ffs.
So, not for me.
Yes to Lampard all day long. on 22:02 - May 18 with 5191 viewswkj

Yes to Lampard all day long. on 22:00 - May 18 by bluehook

So, not for me.

Uncle 'Arry has tho...

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Yes to Lampard all day long. on 22:22 - May 18 with 5116 viewsBlueyandCrazy

Yes to Lampard all day long. on 21:59 - May 18 by Marshalls_Mullet

He’s close friends with Jody Morris who I think manages the U23s at Chelsea.

Not so sure about him bringing Uncle Arry along....more likely to be someone else who coached or managed him?

Poll: Worst ever ITFC manager

Yes to Lampard all day long. on 22:23 - May 18 with 5113 viewsVeryStableGenius

Given the choice of the two, I would go for Lampard over Ross. I think some are getting way too carried away with Ross, he is a very big gamble. The Scottish Championship is an incredibly weak league. Ten teams, playing each other four times. Brechin City got 4 points all season and didn’t win a game. Lampard would need support, but has the contacts.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/scottish-championship/table
Yes to Lampard all day long. on 22:27 - May 18 with 5073 viewsblueblueburleymcgrew

Yes to Lampard all day long. on 22:00 - May 18 by bluehook

So, not for me.

Does that really matter though except that I think there is some requirement that he must eventually gain them.

I wouldn’t want him to coach from a text book, I would like him to bring in his own ideas or perhaps his experiencies of working under some of the most successful managers in the world.
Yes to Lampard all day long. on 22:28 - May 18 with 5068 viewsdavblue

Yes to Lampard all day long. on 22:23 - May 18 by VeryStableGenius

Given the choice of the two, I would go for Lampard over Ross. I think some are getting way too carried away with Ross, he is a very big gamble. The Scottish Championship is an incredibly weak league. Ten teams, playing each other four times. Brechin City got 4 points all season and didn’t win a game. Lampard would need support, but has the contacts.

I would be more excited by Ross than Lampard for some reason.

Lampard had a terrific work ethic as a player and I think he has a chance of being a good manager but he’s incredibly rich, will he have the hunger of a Ross, that eye of the tiger that I suspect Ross has having had a fairly uneventful player career?
Yes to Lampard all day long. on 22:35 - May 18 with 5022 viewsblueblueburleymcgrew

Yes to Lampard all day long. on 22:28 - May 18 by davblue

Lampard had a terrific work ethic as a player and I think he has a chance of being a good manager but he’s incredibly rich, will he have the hunger of a Ross, that eye of the tiger that I suspect Ross has having had a fairly uneventful player career?

He’s been wealthy for a long time but still turned up for each game and gave 100%
Login to get fewer ads

Yes to Lampard all day long. on 22:40 - May 18 with 4965 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Yes to Lampard all day long. on 22:22 - May 18 by BlueyandCrazy

He’s close friends with Jody Morris who I think manages the U23s at Chelsea.

Not so sure about him bringing Uncle Arry along....more likely to be someone else who coached or managed him?

If this was a couple of months ago Idve said Ray Wilkins would have been a candidate to work with him.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Yes to Lampard all day long. on 22:41 - May 18 with 4960 viewsSimonds92

Spot on, i think 2 weeks ago id be quietly excited by Lampard but i think having read more about Ross, how he see's the game, the way he lets his teams have creative freedom in the attacking 3rd really excites me. He seems to be the perfect fit for us and could have a big future in the game. On the plus side you would hope the lampard link would help us get decent youngsters from Chelsea and Man City.
Yes to Lampard all day long. on 22:41 - May 18 with 4956 viewsRegencyBlue

Lampard with an experienced sidekick could work, and by that I don’t mean uncle Harry!
Yes to Lampard all day long. on 22:42 - May 18 with 4957 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

If you're driven, you're driven.

Having been a success, Lampard wouldnt want to fail at anything.

I wouldnt doubt his work ethic for a second.

Yes to Lampard all day long. on 22:44 - May 18 with 4938 viewsmanchego

Yes to Lampard all day long. on 21:59 - May 18 by Marshalls_Mullet

'Links to City and United' - you mean the telephone. Which nobody else has.
Yes to Lampard all day long. on 22:44 - May 18 with 4937 viewsDarth_Koont

I'll support Lampard but he's coming into one of the toughest leagues and one of the toughest jobs without any experience. Just seems a huge ask for someone who's barely got any coaching experience let alone sat in the manager hot seat.

Depends who is with him as a mentor and support but Ross or Hurst look miles better at the moment.

Pronouns: He/Him

Yes to Lampard all day long. on 22:46 - May 18 with 4920 viewsdavblue

Yes to Lampard all day long. on 22:35 - May 18 by blueblueburleymcgrew

He’s been wealthy for a long time but still turned up for each game and gave 100%

That’s true, Ross would have more to lose though.
Yes to Lampard all day long. on 22:49 - May 18 with 4889 viewsDarth_Koont

Yes to Lampard all day long. on 22:41 - May 18 by Simonds92

Spot on, i think 2 weeks ago id be quietly excited by Lampard but i think having read more about Ross, how he see's the game, the way he lets his teams have creative freedom in the attacking 3rd really excites me. He seems to be the perfect fit for us and could have a big future in the game. On the plus side you would hope the lampard link would help us get decent youngsters from Chelsea and Man City.

To be fair, Mick's teams had freedom in the attacking third.

Our problem and one that Ross speaks about is the transition from defence to attack in the middle third. OK, we were missing most of those players — and candidates like Nydam were still too young. But the key is to get someone in who can get our midfield controlling games rather than just competing and disrupting.

Can Lampard do that? From what I can see he has always been a part of a hugely expensive midfield.

Pronouns: He/Him

Yes to Lampard all day long. on 22:50 - May 18 with 4874 viewsnewbie

Many of the best managers in the world are stupid rich. I don't think this plays a part as it comes down to the ethics of the individual and the drive to succeed. Guardiola to name one would be a multi multi millionaire but that won't stop him wanting to win at all costs.
Yes to Lampard all day long. on 22:57 - May 18 with 4839 viewsSWGF

Which league (regardless of its strength) did Lampard win last season?

Hogg & Nash have more managerial experience and I wouldn't want either of them to get the job permanently.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Yes to Lampard all day long. on 22:57 - May 18 with 4826 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Yes to Lampard all day long. on 22:44 - May 18 by manchego

'Links to City and United' - you mean the telephone. Which nobody else has.

Erm, nooooo. You numpty.

Yes to Lampard all day long. on 22:59 - May 18 with 4818 viewsVic

I’d be happy with him. I really like the sound of Ross, but see no reason why Lampard would be any more of a gamble, especially if he brought an experienced head with him. Plenty of others have done it before him - and let’s not forget that we are currently only a middling championship team.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Yes to Lampard all day long. on 23:02 - May 18 with 4792 viewsBetablocker

I disagree. He'll be working with better players and club facilities/structure WITH the same football philosophy. It's natural to think that applying that minder and the way you set teams up would be more than transferable to The Championship
Yes to Lampard all day long. on 23:02 - May 18 with 4793 viewshorsehollerer

Definitely my third choice. Just the lack of experience that sets him back. Has everything else imho.

Blog: The Late, Late Blubfest Show

Yes to Lampard all day long. on 23:04 - May 18 with 4775 viewsSpruceMoose

Yes to Lampard all day long. on 23:02 - May 18 by horsehollerer

Definitely my third choice. Just the lack of experience that sets him back. Has everything else imho.

I agree. I don't think as a club we should be too arrogant, but I think we should be arrogant enough to say that we don't want to be a testing ground for managers who don't even have all their coaching badges.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Yes to Lampard all day long. on 23:06 - May 18 with 4767 viewsmanchego

Yes to Lampard all day long. on 22:57 - May 18 by Marshalls_Mullet

Erm, nooooo. You numpty.

go on then. explain. take as long as you like.
Yes to Lampard all day long. on 23:09 - May 18 with 4743 viewsmanchego

"contacts" will get us promoted ???
how does that work then ?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024