Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bit of a random query 23:10 - Aug 2 with 4055 viewstractordownsouth

But I was in my regular pub this evening watching the football and I overheard a few men having a slightly disturbing conversation on he next table During this chat, I'm fairly sure I heard one bloke saying Africans were ' breeding like rabbits.' I'm not 100% sure if this is true but if so should I have reported it? I let it go at the time and probably shouldn't have but thinking about it now that's proper nazi stuff.

I know you get a few oddballs in pubs from time to time, but that did seem extreme. Funnily enough, from the bit I did hear, they were moaning about the EU and foreign aid.

This might be a bit snowflake of me and I'm not entirely sure why I am telling this tale on here but yeah...

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Bit of a random query on 23:14 - Aug 2 with 4010 viewsBluefish

Sadly it is best ignored. They would be too thick to reason with and if you want to crusade there will be bigger fish than them to fry

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Bit of a random query on 23:16 - Aug 2 with 4004 viewswkj

Difficult one really isnt it, I mean, one one hand it is only a conversation between people who clearly have a controversial opinion of something, but the other hand it is a conversation that can cause discomfort to someone who over hears that it might relate to.

I am quite guilty of tunrning a blind eye when i can see no-one is being impacted by the conversation, though have been known to stand up for people who have been bullied in a sort of passive agressive way by means of a loud conversation and sideways glances.

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Bit of a random query on 23:34 - Aug 2 with 3952 viewsgmanrom

You think you should report someone for saying Africans mate like rabbits, have you thought this one through!! What are you trying to get out of this?

Poll: In the next 5 years what league do you us settling in?

Bit of a random query on 23:37 - Aug 2 with 3936 viewstractordownsouth

Bit of a random query on 23:34 - Aug 2 by gmanrom

You think you should report someone for saying Africans mate like rabbits, have you thought this one through!! What are you trying to get out of this?

I'm not sure whether I should have, but I think it's possible. What the guy said was essentially Eugneics, 1930s Germany stuff.

Bit of a random query on 23:43 - Aug 2 with 3916 viewsjeera

You can't police the world.

If you stood and spoke out you may win an argument. You might lose the verbal exchange.

You might lose some teeth.

Pick your battles for the times you can maybe make a difference and hold your tongue and judge quietly when you can't.

You won't change them you know.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2018 23:43]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Bit of a random query on 23:57 - Aug 2 with 3870 viewsconnorscontract

Bit of a random query on 23:37 - Aug 2 by tractordownsouth

I'm not sure whether I should have, but I think it's possible. What the guy said was essentially Eugneics, 1930s Germany stuff.

I don't think you should feel guilty here. You can influence those you know, but confronting strangers is unlikely to get a positive result, especially as they were having a private conversation.

You were outnumbered and would probably have got a kicking for listening in to their conversation and telling them what to think.

Save it for the times when you actually know the people involved or are being included in the conversation, or as others have said, if someone is being directly abused.
Bit of a random query on 00:45 - Aug 3 with 3793 viewslowhouseblue

report it to whom? who do you think polices private conversations about relative birth rates?

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Bit of a random query on 08:25 - Aug 3 with 3618 viewsFtnfwest

Bit of a random query on 23:37 - Aug 2 by tractordownsouth

Reporting it would be more Nazi like. In all honesty if the USA had the highest birth rate in the world and people said the same about them I bet no one would bat an eyelid.
Login to get fewer ads

Bit of a random query on 08:59 - Aug 3 with 3564 viewsimsureazzure

Dear god, the thought police are manifesting. Firstly you have to ask if you should report something you are not sure is 100% true?

Secondly, reporting people who have a different opinion to yours? That is 'proper Nazi stuff'.
Bit of a random query on 09:08 - Aug 3 with 3542 viewsZedRodgers

Bit of a random query on 00:45 - Aug 3 by lowhouseblue

report it to whom? who do you think polices private conversations about relative birth rates?

It's so easy to spot a closet racist

No, not at the moment

Bit of a random query on 09:12 - Aug 3 with 3535 viewslowhouseblue

Bit of a random query on 08:59 - Aug 3 by imsureazzure

Dear god, the thought police are manifesting. Firstly you have to ask if you should report something you are not sure is 100% true?

Secondly, reporting people who have a different opinion to yours? That is 'proper Nazi stuff'.

this is one of my pet hates. schools now are very hot on identity and not being nasty to be people - which is great. but they clearly never put that in the context of what the law says. they should cover what the criminal law and public order act and the racial and religious hatred act actually say - and the tests of intent and likely effect. and also of course the provisions to protect freedom of speech. in and of it self there is nothing at all to stop someone saying something that you disagree with or disapprove of. schools have taught people to disapprove of lots of things, which is great, but outside of school there is no one to enforce that disapproval.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Bit of a random query on 09:14 - Aug 3 with 3527 viewslowhouseblue

Bit of a random query on 09:08 - Aug 3 by ZedRodgers

It's so easy to spot a closet racist

jeez the school holidays drag.

Bit of a random query on 09:24 - Aug 3 with 3502 viewsbrazil1982

“Hello, Police please”
“How can I help you sir?”
“I’m in a pub and I don’t like a conversation I just overheard”
“What is it that concerns you?”
“One of the fellas said Africans breed like rabbits. He must be a Nazi. Please could you send someone to arrest him”
“Sure, on our way. Thank you for reporting this crime”
Bit of a random query on 09:27 - Aug 3 with 3497 viewsZedRodgers

Bit of a random query on 09:12 - Aug 3 by lowhouseblue

this is one of my pet hates. schools now are very hot on identity and not being nasty to be people - which is great. but they clearly never put that in the context of what the law says. they should cover what the criminal law and public order act and the racial and religious hatred act actually say - and the tests of intent and likely effect. and also of course the provisions to protect freedom of speech. in and of it self there is nothing at all to stop someone saying something that you disagree with or disapprove of. schools have taught people to disapprove of lots of things, which is great, but outside of school there is no one to enforce that disapproval.

Bang on about school a lot don't you.

Free speech is all very well and everything but I'd imagine this is more of a case of whether the owner of the pub would want some old, bitter, gammon-faced loser sat in his establishment spouting nonsense about the things Africans get up to that he doesn't like. Giving birth in this case.

I'm some cases the landlord would even encourage this sort of behaviour - Because there are more people like you out there unfortunately Lowhouse.

No, not at the moment

Bit of a random query on 09:32 - Aug 3 with 3486 viewslowhouseblue

Bit of a random query on 09:27 - Aug 3 by ZedRodgers

Bang on about school a lot don't you.

Free speech is all very well and everything but I'd imagine this is more of a case of whether the owner of the pub would want some old, bitter, gammon-faced loser sat in his establishment spouting nonsense about the things Africans get up to that he doesn't like. Giving birth in this case.

I'm some cases the landlord would even encourage this sort of behaviour - Because there are more people like you out there unfortunately Lowhouse.

the landlord needs to ensure good order. the only threat to good order here would be someone intervening in someone else's private conversation.

'like rabbits' isn't a phrase i would choose, but in the context of a private pub conversation i can't say i'm shocked. how would you summarise the information in this link?

http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/stats/People/Birth-rate

isn't there a scout camp or something that you could go on?

Bit of a random query on 09:38 - Aug 3 with 3469 viewstractordownsouth

I see everyone has decided to have a pop - by report I meant reporting to the pub owners as opposed to the police.

Bit of a random query on 10:43 - Aug 3 with 3429 viewsZedRodgers

Bit of a random query on 09:32 - Aug 3 by lowhouseblue

the landlord needs to ensure good order. the only threat to good order here would be someone intervening in someone else's private conversation.

'like rabbits' isn't a phrase i would choose, but in the context of a private pub conversation i can't say i'm shocked. how would you summarise the information in this link?

http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/stats/People/Birth-rate

isn't there a scout camp or something that you could go on?

I don't need to summarise the information.

Why do you?

No, not at the moment

Bit of a random query on 11:29 - Aug 3 with 3383 viewsBlue_Order

Reported it? 😂
Bit of a random query on 11:39 - Aug 3 with 3367 viewsSwansea_Blue

Sounds like we need to establish the facts first. Why don't you post some pictures of Africans coupling, and we can then assess them for rabbit behavioural traits.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024