Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
RIP Remain 13:25 - Jan 30 with 12458 viewsWithnail

Thoughts and prayers to the remainers at this difficult time.
RIP Remain on 13:29 - Jan 30 with 6330 viewsLord_Lucan

It's fair enough as we lost, I was never in favour of a round 2 - I just hope that we don't capitulate.

My stance has always been remain but if we are to go we need to be prepared to battle with the bastards.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

RIP Remain on 13:33 - Jan 30 with 6294 viewsGlasgowBlue

Not helpful.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

RIP Remain on 13:34 - Jan 30 with 6292 viewsbaxterbasics

I wouldn't write them out yet, they wont quit, even after March 29th when they will have to be rebranded 'Joiners'

But yes, last night seems to make the extend/cancel A50 option less likely. The chances of either no deal or the EU accepting a different proposal, are now the front runners. EU of course currently say there is no chance, but they do have a record of last minute agreements.

This one is going to the wire I expect, which is actually the worst thing for business.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

RIP Remain on 13:40 - Jan 30 with 6247 viewsjpring89

Nobody cares.

Poll: What irritates you more ?

RIP Remain on 13:49 - Jan 30 with 6191 viewsgiant_stow

on the bright side, it'll be interesting watching the crisis unfold.Just a a shame we can't watch from afar, although the fun might start when all those leave voters realise that none of their problems have gone away - run for the hills nige.... flee jacob..

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

on 13:52 - Jan 30 with 6169 views_

RIP Remain on 13:33 - Jan 30 by GlasgowBlue

Not helpful.

RIP Remain on 13:56 - Jan 30 with 6140 viewsbaxterbasics

RIP Remain on 13:49 - Jan 30 by giant_stow

on the bright side, it'll be interesting watching the crisis unfold.Just a a shame we can't watch from afar, although the fun might start when all those leave voters realise that none of their problems have gone away - run for the hills nige.... flee jacob..

Even I, an avid politics watcher and leave voter, am getting sick of the whole thing. I would like to go into cryogenic stasis for 5 to 10 years so I can emerge to see how it all turned out.

Will I be greeted by a paradise, paved with gold, or an irradiated nuclear wasteland?

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

RIP Remain on 13:57 - Jan 30 with 6136 viewswkj

RIP Remain on 13:49 - Jan 30 by giant_stow

So RIP Remain, and RIP The brexit the extreme euro sceptics wanted

Thoughts and prayers received and sent back in kind.

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Login to get fewer ads

RIP Remain on 13:57 - Jan 30 with 6130 viewsSpruceMoose

on 13:52 - Jan 30 by _

A perfectly childish example of why there should never have been a referendum in the first place. A complex and important subject reduced to little more than a high school popularity contest.

I'd at least wait to see what big success the UK actually goes on to become before gloating. They could end up looking very silly if not.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

RIP Remain on 13:58 - Jan 30 with 6124 viewswkj

RIP Remain on 13:56 - Jan 30 by baxterbasics

Even I, an avid politics watcher and leave voter, am getting sick of the whole thing. I would like to go into cryogenic stasis for 5 to 10 years so I can emerge to see how it all turned out.

Will I be greeted by a paradise, paved with gold, or an irradiated nuclear wasteland?

5-10 years is generous, the chess game with the EU is going to continue well past any of our natural lifetimes.

RIP Remain on 13:58 - Jan 30 with 6119 viewsBluefish

This sounds promising, I have been trying to find a leave voter that will tell me what leaving the eu means to them and the advantage of it but despite asking dozens of times I am yet to receive an answer. Can you help me please?

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

RIP Remain on 13:59 - Jan 30 with 6112 viewswkj

RIP Remain on 13:58 - Jan 30 by Bluefish

This sounds promising, I have been trying to find a leave voter that will tell me what leaving the eu means to them and the advantage of it but despite asking dozens of times I am yet to receive an answer. Can you help me please?

Ask again in about 5 - 10 years, the man said he's off for a kip in his freezer.

RIP Remain on 14:01 - Jan 30 with 6087 viewsSpruceMoose

My money is on this.
[Post edited 30 Jan 2019 14:01]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

RIP Remain on 14:24 - Jan 30 with 6011 viewsjaykay

RIP Remain on 14:01 - Jan 30 by SpruceMoose

My money is on this.
[Post edited 30 Jan 2019 14:01]

i voted stay, but as i have just turned 70, in 10 years time what britain looks like will not effect me. as they say in the simpsons " think of the children" is why i voted stay

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

RIP Remain on 14:28 - Jan 30 with 5993 viewsSpruceMoose

RIP Remain on 14:24 - Jan 30 by jaykay

i voted stay, but as i have just turned 70, in 10 years time what britain looks like will not effect me. as they say in the simpsons " think of the children" is why i voted stay

80 isn't that old nowadays! You might still get the chance to be screwed with the rest of us!

Anyway, Brexit Britain may make such great strides that we invent immortality tech. Don't give up hope just yet. Get behind your country.

RIP Remain on 14:54 - Jan 30 with 5918 viewsclive_baker

I spent most of last week with Brexit representatives from KPMG, understanding what it'll mean to our business and how we can make provisions. Needless to say, it's an utter shower and I'm not quite sure most people understand just how damaging it will prove to be. It's not just about products and services sold to / bought in from the EU. There's a lot of legislation around the source territory of raw materials, and certain % of a products material base having originated outside of the UK. I think people would be shocked at how many 'British' products don't actually qualify as British on that basis.

The cost implications are material in the context of our supply chain and the wider impact is perhaps even more scary. Hey ho, perhaps in a couple of years people will realise how good we had it.

Buckle up, and get saving is my advice.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

RIP Remain on 14:58 - Jan 30 with 5895 viewsBluefish

RIP Remain on 14:54 - Jan 30 by clive_baker

I spent most of last week with Brexit representatives from KPMG, understanding what it'll mean to our business and how we can make provisions. Needless to say, it's an utter shower and I'm not quite sure most people understand just how damaging it will prove to be. It's not just about products and services sold to / bought in from the EU. There's a lot of legislation around the source territory of raw materials, and certain % of a products material base having originated outside of the UK. I think people would be shocked at how many 'British' products don't actually qualify as British on that basis.

The cost implications are material in the context of our supply chain and the wider impact is perhaps even more scary. Hey ho, perhaps in a couple of years people will realise how good we had it.

Buckle up, and get saving is my advice.

Are there markets where you can speculate on the most common topics in the news?

I would say it might be wise to take a punt on "job losses" being the most common phrase for 19/20

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

RIP Remain on 15:15 - Jan 30 with 5865 viewsclive_baker

RIP Remain on 14:58 - Jan 30 by Bluefish

Are there markets where you can speculate on the most common topics in the news?

I would say it might be wise to take a punt on "job losses" being the most common phrase for 19/20

Many business are already moving operations or have plans in place to move operations out of the UK to EU countries. Belgium and Netherlands in particular will benefit from us leaving, there's no doubt about that. I can certainly see a painful few years should we 'crash out'. My fear is what impact rising unemployment will have on property prices, which is something I personally can't afford to see materialise, having remortgaged up to my balls relatively recently to do some major works that I had hoped would add value, all other things being equal. The only slight hope now is that nobody is stupid enough to let us leave without a deal.

It's interesting, I've got my first child due any day now and I can't help but think what sort of a country he / she will know when they get to my age.

The EU is so far from perfect IMO, but if ever there was an example of cutting off ones nose to spite their face, Brexit is it.

RIP Remain on 15:19 - Jan 30 with 5837 viewsSpruceMoose

RIP Remain on 15:15 - Jan 30 by clive_baker

Many business are already moving operations or have plans in place to move operations out of the UK to EU countries. Belgium and Netherlands in particular will benefit from us leaving, there's no doubt about that. I can certainly see a painful few years should we 'crash out'. My fear is what impact rising unemployment will have on property prices, which is something I personally can't afford to see materialise, having remortgaged up to my balls relatively recently to do some major works that I had hoped would add value, all other things being equal. The only slight hope now is that nobody is stupid enough to let us leave without a deal.

It's interesting, I've got my first child due any day now and I can't help but think what sort of a country he / she will know when they get to my age.

The EU is so far from perfect IMO, but if ever there was an example of cutting off ones nose to spite their face, Brexit is it.

Get behind your country!

RIP Remain on 15:21 - Jan 30 with 5831 viewsjaykay

RIP Remain on 15:19 - Jan 30 by SpruceMoose

Get behind your country!

leave means leave

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

RIP Remain on 15:29 - Jan 30 with 5798 viewsLord_Lucan

RIP Remain on 15:15 - Jan 30 by clive_baker

That's handy for KPMG then as they are Dutch

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

RIP Remain on 16:51 - Jan 30 with 5696 viewsclive_baker

RIP Remain on 15:29 - Jan 30 by Lord_Lucan

That's handy for KPMG then as they are Dutch

Not so handy for their 15,000 employees in the UK though perhaps, of which I used to be one for a number of years.

RIP Remain on 16:55 - Jan 30 with 5682 viewschicoazul

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

RIP Remain on 17:28 - Jan 30 with 5615 viewsThe_Last_Baron

RIP Remain on 13:58 - Jan 30 by wkj

5-10 years is generous, the chess game with the EU is going to continue well past any of our natural lifetimes.

The EU will be gone in ten years. Economic collapse combined with the peoples of Europe turning against it.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

RIP Remain on 17:31 - Jan 30 with 5607 viewswkj

RIP Remain on 17:28 - Jan 30 by The_Last_Baron

The EU will be gone in ten years. Economic collapse combined with the peoples of Europe turning against it.

I respect that is the desire you might have, but I will bet you £500 in 10 years the EU will exist in some capacity or another.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024