Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
All those people who claimed Bournemouth massively overpaid for Mings 11:33 - Jul 8 with 2421 viewsSteve_M

Any thoughts at what Villa are paying for him?
[Post edited 8 Jul 2019 11:36]

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

All those people who claimed Bournemouth massively overpaid for Mings on 11:36 - Jul 8 with 2099 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

In reality it is obscene.

In footballing terms, it is slightly over the going rate but not by much.

I spent ages on Twitter yesterday and every single Villa fan was saying he is the best defender they've had since Martin Laursen (bear in mind they had Terry the year before last) and that they had to sign him no matter what as he completely changed their season.

I'd imagine he's a £15m player that Bournemouth have got £20m for (can't believe it's as high as £26.5m - that's probably with top ups like England caps) because of that.

They are keen to avoid doing a Fulham and buy a whole new squad, which is why they are happy they've spent money on Mings, Hause and players that were already there.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

All those people who claimed Bournemouth massively overpaid for Mings on 11:39 - Jul 8 with 2076 viewschicoazul

loooool
But he's arrogant!

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

All those people who claimed Bournemouth massively overpaid for Mings on 11:39 - Jul 8 with 2076 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Shows how insane the inflation in the transfer market it.

£8m 4 years ago, is probably almost equivalent to £20m in todays market.

in 2015 the record transfer fee was c.£85m. Its now c.£200m.

Sadly, it all has a knock on effect.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

All those people who claimed Bournemouth massively overpaid for Mings on 11:40 - Jul 8 with 2076 viewstextbackup

Brought for £8m
Played about 15/20 prem games
Had a good season at champ level
Sold for £20m

LOL

What even is money these days

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

All those people who claimed Bournemouth massively overpaid for Mings on 11:44 - Jul 8 with 2038 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

All those people who claimed Bournemouth massively overpaid for Mings on 11:40 - Jul 8 by textbackup

Brought for £8m
Played about 15/20 prem games
Had a good season at champ level
Sold for £20m

LOL

What even is money these days

Makes it even less likely the ME will find a buyer.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

All those people who claimed Bournemouth massively overpaid for Mings on 11:45 - Jul 8 with 2044 viewsSitfcB

In today’s market I think it’s a bargain.

Mings will go on to a top 4 club after Villa for big big money.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

All those people who claimed Bournemouth massively overpaid for Mings on 11:47 - Jul 8 with 2031 viewsReuser_is_God

Absurd for someone who has done nothing since he left us apart from one good half season in Championship.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

All those people who claimed Bournemouth massively overpaid for Mings on 11:51 - Jul 8 with 2003 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

All those people who claimed Bournemouth massively overpaid for Mings on 11:45 - Jul 8 by SitfcB

In today’s market I think it’s a bargain.

Mings will go on to a top 4 club after Villa for big big money.

I'd be hugely surprised if he made it to a Top 4 club.

I doubt Howe would be letting him go if he thought he had that ability.

Login to get fewer ads

All those people who claimed Bournemouth massively overpaid for Mings on 11:53 - Jul 8 with 1994 viewsSitfcB

All those people who claimed Bournemouth massively overpaid for Mings on 11:47 - Jul 8 by Reuser_is_God

Absurd for someone who has done nothing since he left us apart from one good half season in Championship.

He did stand up to Zlatan and stamp on his head
[Post edited 8 Jul 2019 11:54]

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

All those people who claimed Bournemouth massively overpaid for Mings on 11:55 - Jul 8 with 1976 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

All those people who claimed Bournemouth massively overpaid for Mings on 11:53 - Jul 8 by SitfcB

He did stand up to Zlatan and stamp on his head
[Post edited 8 Jul 2019 11:54]

...might be better suited to MMA!!

All those people who claimed Bournemouth massively overpaid for Mings on 12:00 - Jul 8 with 1963 viewshomer_123

He's clearly worth it to them otherwise they wouldn't be paying it.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

All those people who claimed Bournemouth massively overpaid for Mings on 12:03 - Jul 8 with 1949 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

All those people who claimed Bournemouth massively overpaid for Mings on 12:00 - Jul 8 by homer_123

He's clearly worth it to them otherwise they wouldn't be paying it.

Yes, 'worth' versus 'value'.

I'm not convinced anyone else would have paid that amount, but as you say, Villa feel that he is 'worth' it to them.

All those people who claimed Bournemouth massively overpaid for Mings on 12:14 - Jul 8 with 1916 viewsPinewoodblue

The amazing thing is he has made almost as many League appearances for Villa as he did Bournemouth.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

All those people who claimed Bournemouth massively overpaid for Mings on 12:17 - Jul 8 with 1913 viewsitfcjoe

I think even the club thought at £8m he was overpriced and snapped hand off for the deal.

Ironically he has left us on the back of a good Championship season, then 4 years later leaves on the back of a good CHampionship season but it's 3x more value.

He was excellent at Villa, and key to them going up - but they are getting mugged here in reality. Had he not had that spell at Villa he'd have probably been available for next to nothing this summer

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

All those people who claimed Bournemouth massively overpaid for Mings on 12:19 - Jul 8 with 1898 viewsKieran_Knows

All those people who claimed Bournemouth massively overpaid for Mings on 12:17 - Jul 8 by itfcjoe

I think even the club thought at £8m he was overpriced and snapped hand off for the deal.

Ironically he has left us on the back of a good Championship season, then 4 years later leaves on the back of a good CHampionship season but it's 3x more value.

He was excellent at Villa, and key to them going up - but they are getting mugged here in reality. Had he not had that spell at Villa he'd have probably been available for next to nothing this summer

Your last paragraph, I said that to R_I_G yesterday. He was virtually on the scrap heap at Bournemouth until that loan spell. As you say, Villa have been completely done over with that price.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

All those people who claimed Bournemouth massively overpaid for Mings on 12:22 - Jul 8 with 1882 viewsitfcjoe

All those people who claimed Bournemouth massively overpaid for Mings on 12:19 - Jul 8 by Kieran_Knows

Your last paragraph, I said that to R_I_G yesterday. He was virtually on the scrap heap at Bournemouth until that loan spell. As you say, Villa have been completely done over with that price.

But if he continues performing to the levels he did and they establish themselves back in the PL for a few years then it's a baragin

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

All those people who claimed Bournemouth massively overpaid for Mings on 12:23 - Jul 8 with 1865 viewsKieran_Knows

All those people who claimed Bournemouth massively overpaid for Mings on 12:22 - Jul 8 by itfcjoe

But if he continues performing to the levels he did and they establish themselves back in the PL for a few years then it's a baragin

True, was impressive at Villa I must admit.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

All those people who claimed Bournemouth massively overpaid for Mings on 12:24 - Jul 8 with 1871 viewsBlueBadger

I think it's yet another reflection of the ongoing insanity of the football bubble in general and in the English league in particular. Mings is a competent-to-above-average player at that level who's value, like a lot of similar players has been vastly inflated by the absurd, and ultimately unsustainable, amounts of money being pumped into the top two divisions by clubs desperate to either achieve promotion or maintain a holding pattern.
That's the real issue here, not how much is being paid for one player in particular.
[Post edited 8 Jul 2019 12:25]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

All those people who claimed Bournemouth massively overpaid for Mings on 12:27 - Jul 8 with 1836 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

All those people who claimed Bournemouth massively overpaid for Mings on 12:22 - Jul 8 by itfcjoe

That's a BIG IF.

You can justify almost any price tag by saying its a bargain if he becomes a premier league star.

All those people who claimed Bournemouth massively overpaid for Mings on 12:34 - Jul 8 with 1804 viewsMeadowlark

All those people who claimed Bournemouth massively overpaid for Mings on 12:27 - Jul 8 by Marshalls_Mullet

That's a BIG IF.

You can justify almost any price tag by saying its a bargain if he becomes a premier league star.

He played better for Villa at the end of last season than he ever did for us! He always looked good when he was here, but never that good.
Good luck to him. Always thought he was a good chap and wish him well.
The money is just money. It's one person's opinion against another's. Like buying a used car. Sometimes you get a bargain, sometimes you overpay for a dud.
Price looks about right to me.
All those people who claimed Bournemouth massively overpaid for Mings on 12:37 - Jul 8 with 1783 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

All those people who claimed Bournemouth massively overpaid for Mings on 12:34 - Jul 8 by Meadowlark

He played better for Villa at the end of last season than he ever did for us! He always looked good when he was here, but never that good.
Good luck to him. Always thought he was a good chap and wish him well.
The money is just money. It's one person's opinion against another's. Like buying a used car. Sometimes you get a bargain, sometimes you overpay for a dud.
Price looks about right to me.

I think c.£15m is probably more where his value is in this market.

But as you say, it depends how desperately someone wants him.

I dont have a HUGE issue with the price tag as the football transfer market is insane.

All those people who claimed Bournemouth massively overpaid for Mings on 13:22 - Jul 8 with 1700 viewsParisBlue

Good business for a player who has played only 17 premiership games in 4 years (albeit very unlucky with injuries)

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

All those people who claimed Bournemouth massively overpaid for Mings on 13:30 - Jul 8 with 1668 viewsSteve_M

All those people who claimed Bournemouth massively overpaid for Mings on 12:17 - Jul 8 by itfcjoe

Bournemouth paid for a large amount of potential though i think, especially given his development here in only a couple of seasons. Mings speed and physicality are obvious Premier League attributes.

Agree on Villa, without that spell I can't see who would have paid much money for hi,/

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

All those people who claimed Bournemouth massively overpaid for Mings on 13:35 - Jul 8 with 1652 viewsBigManBlue

They could easily spend that money on, say, someone from abroad, a total unknown, who might take a year or two to bed in, or might never adjust at all. If Mings stays fit then he'll be a real asset, one who will fit in immediately, one who they know will improve the team and be good to go from the first game.

Not disagreeing that it's absolutely mad money, but given that's just how it is I can see why Villa would be happy with this, since they know exactly what they'll be getting.

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

All those people who claimed Bournemouth massively overpaid for Mings on 13:57 - Jul 8 with 1591 viewsGlasgowBlue

It's a good example of how people in the game are far more knowledgeable than the bloke on the terrace.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024