Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Norwood is a horrible penalty taker 16:33 - May 1 with 2119 viewsStokieBlue

Even the one in the first half where he scored was a pretty poor penalty and the one he missed earlier in the season was dreadful.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Norwood is a horrible penalty taker on 16:34 - May 1 with 2054 viewsDubtractor

Pretty certain he missed a couple last season too didn't he? Just doesn't look convincing at all from the spot.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Norwood is a horrible penalty taker on 16:34 - May 1 with 2054 viewsDanTheMan

Yeah thought he got a little lucky with the first one but the second was dreadful.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Norwood is a horrible penalty taker on 16:34 - May 1 with 2045 viewsBluefish

And the one at posh

2 of the best players I ever played with were both crap at penos. Both proper players and big game players but they gave me the ball everytime

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Norwood is a horrible penalty taker on 16:35 - May 1 with 2037 viewsDublinBlue84

Any penalty right down the middle is a poor penalty, the best penalties are the ones as far away from the center of the goal as possible as they're harder to reach. Anything down the middle you have a chance of saving with your legs even if you dive left or right.

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

Norwood is a horrible penalty taker on 16:40 - May 1 with 1892 viewsMattinLondon

Norwood is a horrible penalty taker on 16:35 - May 1 by DublinBlue84

Any penalty right down the middle is a poor penalty, the best penalties are the ones as far away from the center of the goal as possible as they're harder to reach. Anything down the middle you have a chance of saving with your legs even if you dive left or right.

Statistics say that its best to smack it right down the centre.
Norwood is a horrible penalty taker on 16:40 - May 1 with 1867 viewstractordownsouth

His penalties have been awful since he’s been here. That Peterborough away one in August 2019 was terrible.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Norwood is a horrible penalty taker on 16:57 - May 1 with 1722 viewsGeoffSentence

Norwood is a horrible penalty taker on 16:34 - May 1 by Dubtractor

Pretty certain he missed a couple last season too didn't he? Just doesn't look convincing at all from the spot.

I reckon he must miss about every second penalty, though he sample size is small given that until today they were rare as hens teeth.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Norwood is a horrible penalty taker on 17:03 - May 1 with 1676 viewsreusersfreekicks

Awful pen taker - how he takes them at a professional club i have no idea
Login to get fewer ads

Norwood is a horrible penalty taker on 17:10 - May 1 with 1631 viewsMullet

In fairness his penalty ratio is better than the 1 in 6 or more from open play. He's just not that deadly but a complete nuisance of a player isn't he?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Norwood is a horrible penalty taker on 18:04 - May 1 with 1494 viewsVic

Yeah, those Penenka ones are the worst.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Norwood is a horrible penalty taker on 18:15 - May 1 with 1469 viewsNorthstandoldie

Trouble is with Norwood is that he is a predatory type player, instinct is a big part of his game (see his second goal today). Give him time to think and he tends to either panic or overthink things.
Norwood is a horrible penalty taker on 18:25 - May 1 with 1427 viewsKeaneish

I’ve no confidence in him on pens. The Posh one last season was equally terrible.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Norwood is a horrible penalty taker on 18:44 - May 1 with 1381 viewsITFC_Forever

Penalties that go straight down the middle should be disallowed for being too s**t.

Either that or goalkeepers should be sent off for being too stupid.

I can’t decide which.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Norwood is a horrible penalty taker on 18:45 - May 1 with 1374 viewsHerbivore

Norwood is a horrible penalty taker on 16:57 - May 1 by GeoffSentence

I reckon he must miss about every second penalty, though he sample size is small given that until today they were rare as hens teeth.

He's missed at least three for us. Two this season and the one at Posh. Trying to remember whether he missed another last season as well. He may have missed more than he's scored.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Norwood is a horrible penalty taker on 18:47 - May 1 with 1365 viewsMattinLondon

Norwood is a horrible penalty taker on 18:44 - May 1 by ITFC_Forever

Penalties that go straight down the middle should be disallowed for being too s**t.

Either that or goalkeepers should be sent off for being too stupid.

I can’t decide which.

Ridiculous post.
Norwood is a horrible penalty taker on 18:58 - May 1 with 1330 viewsITFC_Forever

Norwood is a horrible penalty taker on 18:47 - May 1 by MattinLondon

Ridiculous post.

Maybe it’s just me. Maybe it’s because I’m an ex-keeper, albeit at a lower level.

But penalties that go straight down the middle really annoy me.

Norwood is a horrible penalty taker on 19:03 - May 1 with 1310 viewsJ2BLUE

Norwood is a horrible penalty taker on 18:58 - May 1 by ITFC_Forever

Maybe it’s just me. Maybe it’s because I’m an ex-keeper, albeit at a lower level.

Were you too stupid to stand there and save it without moving then?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Norwood is a horrible penalty taker on 19:08 - May 1 with 1295 viewsGeoffSentence

Norwood is a horrible penalty taker on 18:47 - May 1 by MattinLondon

Ridiculous post.

I thought it was quite funny

Norwood is a horrible penalty taker on 19:20 - May 1 with 1261 viewsChurchman

Norwood is a horrible penalty taker on 18:58 - May 1 by ITFC_Forever

Trust me, the put your foot through it down the middle is a decent option. It is what Clapham did against Bolton in the play off semi and I was glad he did.
Norwood is a horrible penalty taker on 19:32 - May 1 with 1227 viewsITFC_Forever

Norwood is a horrible penalty taker on 19:03 - May 1 by J2BLUE

Were you too stupid to stand there and save it without moving then?

No, anything down the middle got comfortably saved.

I had a pretty decent record at penalty saving.

[Redacted] on 19:51 - May 1 with 1171 viewsvictorywilhappen

[Redacted]
Norwood is a horrible penalty taker on 20:11 - May 1 with 1120 viewstextbackup

anything 1 on 1 for him is a struggle, especially if he has time to think about it.

his header away (cant remember v who) was brilliant, but missed so many easy chances before, and after that

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Norwood is a horrible penalty taker on 20:13 - May 1 with 1113 viewschrismakin

Norwood is a horrible penalty taker on 20:11 - May 1 by textbackup

anything 1 on 1 for him is a struggle, especially if he has time to think about it.

his header away (cant remember v who) was brilliant, but missed so many easy chances before, and after that

He's an over thinker with time, You could almost see he was still figuring out which way to hit the 2nd pen on his run up.
Must better when just wacking the ball without a care in the world

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Norwood is a horrible penalty taker on 20:17 - May 1 with 1099 viewsGeoffSentence

Norwood is a horrible penalty taker on 17:10 - May 1 by Mullet

In fairness his penalty ratio is better than the 1 in 6 or more from open play. He's just not that deadly but a complete nuisance of a player isn't he?

Transfermarkt do the stats.

Before today he had scored 15 and missed 6 in his career, 4 scored 3 missed for us.
obviously 1 more of each now.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/james-norwood/elfmetertore/spieler/123198

Edit:my mistake. That is up to date including today.
[Post edited 1 May 2021 20:18]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024