Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Worries me how we simply just take our foot off the gas 12:37 - Nov 19 with 1924 viewsChrisd

Well on top during the early phases of the game and then get the goal, since then we seem like we’ve stopped doing what we were doing and allowing them more into the game. We aren’t good enough defensively currently to keep this at 0-1.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Worries me how we simply just take our foot off the gas on 12:39 - Nov 19 with 1675 viewsIllinoisblue

But… there are two teams playing, sadly. We’re not going to go away anywhere and dominate the entire game. And Exeter are decent.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Worries me how we simply just take our foot off the gas on 12:42 - Nov 19 with 1639 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Worries me how we simply just take our foot off the gas on 12:39 - Nov 19 by Illinoisblue

But… there are two teams playing, sadly. We’re not going to go away anywhere and dominate the entire game. And Exeter are decent.

I definitely see this as Exeter upping their game and organising their defence better rather than us sitting back on a lead.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Worries me how we simply just take our foot off the gas on 12:42 - Nov 19 with 1638 viewsChrisd

Worries me how we simply just take our foot off the gas on 12:39 - Nov 19 by Illinoisblue

I appreciate that, but we seem to invite teams back into games, especially when we’ve had a period of dominance and then give them a foothold. Exeter are looking the better side in the last 10mins.

Worries me how we simply just take our foot off the gas on 12:43 - Nov 19 with 1630 viewsNthQldITFC

We go off so fast, which is brilliant, but then there has to be a bit of a rest period when the opposition have a chance to come on to us. Where we're lacking is in the ability to keep possession when we break up the opposition's attacks during those periods. The outball doesn't stick with Ladapo, Harness or Chaplin, and they come on to us again.

We need someone to hold the ball to feet just inside our half as we come out and take possession higher up the pitch again.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Worries me how we simply just take our foot off the gas on 12:45 - Nov 19 with 1599 viewsIllinoisblue

Worries me how we simply just take our foot off the gas on 12:42 - Nov 19 by Nthsuffolkblue

I definitely see this as Exeter upping their game and organising their defence better rather than us sitting back on a lead.

Exactly how I see it

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Worries me how we simply just take our foot off the gas on 12:50 - Nov 19 with 1553 viewsChrisd

Worries me how we simply just take our foot off the gas on 12:43 - Nov 19 by NthQldITFC

We go off so fast, which is brilliant, but then there has to be a bit of a rest period when the opposition have a chance to come on to us. Where we're lacking is in the ability to keep possession when we break up the opposition's attacks during those periods. The outball doesn't stick with Ladapo, Harness or Chaplin, and they come on to us again.

We need someone to hold the ball to feet just inside our half as we come out and take possession higher up the pitch again.

It’s then getting that intensity back in our play and that’s something that I question. I appreciate Exeter will have their periods of play, but there’s no doubt we simply stopped playing the football we were in that first 15-20mins.

Worries me how we simply just take our foot off the gas on 12:51 - Nov 19 with 1533 viewsnoggin

It does seem like we get nervous as soon as we take the lead.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Worries me how we simply just take our foot off the gas on 12:52 - Nov 19 with 1523 viewsJDB23

Another 45 mins of football that’s completely passed Chapplin by. Humphreys also struggling to impose himself on the game.

Need to come out strong second half to get some momentum back.
Login to get fewer ads

Worries me how we simply just take our foot off the gas on 12:54 - Nov 19 with 1473 viewsbazza

There is a trend of when we score a goal, most teams then go 10 At the back.. and hope To catch us on the counter attack.. which does make it extremely hard to break down.
[Post edited 19 Nov 2022 12:54]
Worries me how we simply just take our foot off the gas on 12:54 - Nov 19 with 1470 viewsExiled2Surrey

Caprice looking pretty good for them - Davis is having a tricky day - will be interesting what happens when Edwards comes on to rev things up
Worries me how we simply just take our foot off the gas on 12:55 - Nov 19 with 1450 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Worries me how we simply just take our foot off the gas on 12:51 - Nov 19 by noggin

It does seem like we get nervous as soon as we take the lead.

I disagree entirely. We managed Exeter's spell of pressure without panicking. We have continued to close down, stay with their runners and pass the ball. They have just calmed down their passing, become more organised in defence and so got a hold of possession. They haven't dominated in terms of creating chances and forcing last-ditch defending.

Worries me how we simply just take our foot off the gas on 12:57 - Nov 19 with 1398 viewsbackwaywhen

Worries me how we simply just take our foot off the gas on 12:43 - Nov 19 by NthQldITFC

Evans ….
Worries me how we simply just take our foot off the gas on 13:08 - Nov 19 with 1326 viewsNthQldITFC

Worries me how we simply just take our foot off the gas on 12:57 - Nov 19 by backwaywhen

Evans ….

It's more of a number 9's role or possibly one of the 10s really. I'm talking about when we're pinned back a bit and end up winning the ball, then just giving it back to the opposition, rather than having a 'to feet' hold up player as a fulcrum who we can break forward off again.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Worries me how we simply just take our foot off the gas on 13:10 - Nov 19 with 1312 viewsgainsboroughblue

This is where I think Aluko comes in handy.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Worries me how we simply just take our foot off the gas on 13:19 - Nov 19 with 1253 viewsTheBoyBlue

Yep. We all know how this is going to go...

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

Worries me how we simply just take our foot off the gas on 13:23 - Nov 19 with 1220 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Worries me how we simply just take our foot off the gas on 13:19 - Nov 19 by TheBoyBlue

Yep. We all know how this is going to go...

We score a second and then let the lead slip?
[Post edited 19 Nov 2022 13:23]

Worries me how we simply just take our foot off the gas on 13:23 - Nov 19 with 1205 viewsjeera

Pressing fine this half.

Some sleek moves.

Liking seeing our lot taking shots from all angles. Keep testing, keep pushing like this and the second will come.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Worries me how we simply just take our foot off the gas on 13:28 - Nov 19 with 1178 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Worries me how we simply just take our foot off the gas on 13:23 - Nov 19 by jeera

Pressing fine this half.

Some sleek moves.

Liking seeing our lot taking shots from all angles. Keep testing, keep pushing like this and the second will come.

As you say.

Pressure telling.

Worries me how we simply just take our foot off the gas on 13:36 - Nov 19 with 1156 viewsTheBoyBlue

Worries me how we simply just take our foot off the gas on 13:23 - Nov 19 by Nthsuffolkblue

We score a second and then let the lead slip?
[Post edited 19 Nov 2022 13:23]

Maybe.

Worries me how we simply just take our foot off the gas on 13:42 - Nov 19 with 1121 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Worries me how we simply just take our foot off the gas on 13:36 - Nov 19 by TheBoyBlue

Maybe.

Interesting you waited until we are 2-0 up to agree. It wasn't what you meant at all.

Worries me how we simply just take our foot off the gas on 13:45 - Nov 19 with 1104 viewsTheBoyBlue

Worries me how we simply just take our foot off the gas on 13:42 - Nov 19 by Nthsuffolkblue

Interesting you waited until we are 2-0 up to agree. It wasn't what you meant at all.

Good spot! Although I'm still nervous.

Worries me how we simply just take our foot off the gas on 13:48 - Nov 19 with 1076 viewsChrisd

Worries me how we simply just take our foot off the gas on 13:23 - Nov 19 by jeera

Pressing fine this half.

Some sleek moves.

Not so much the pressing this half, but actually keeping the ball, we’ve gone back to what we were doing so well earlier in the game, takes all their threat out of the game and thus they can’t have any impact.
[Post edited 19 Nov 2022 13:50]

Worries me how we simply just take our foot off the gas on 13:52 - Nov 19 with 1056 viewsjeera

Worries me how we simply just take our foot off the gas on 13:48 - Nov 19 by Chrisd

Not so much the pressing this half, but actually keeping the ball, we’ve gone back to what we were doing so well earlier in the game, takes all their threat out of the game and thus they can’t have any impact.
[Post edited 19 Nov 2022 13:50]

When I posted we were all over them and queueing up to take shots!

Of course they're going to have a go back, they're at home.

We're absorbing that fine and as I type we're in their box once again.

No taking the foot off the gas here.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Worries me how we simply just take our foot off the gas on 13:57 - Nov 19 with 1025 viewsChrisd

Worries me how we simply just take our foot off the gas on 13:52 - Nov 19 by jeera

When I posted we were all over them and queueing up to take shots!

Of course they're going to have a go back, they're at home.

We're absorbing that fine and as I type we're in their box once again.

No taking the foot off the gas here.

There was a notable drop off in that first half from us after we scored and we allowed Exeter more of the ball after that. They’ve been starved of it in this half and we’ve kept them comfortably at arm’s length.

Worries me how we simply just take our foot off the gas on 14:04 - Nov 19 with 982 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Worries me how we simply just take our foot off the gas on 13:57 - Nov 19 by Chrisd

There was a notable drop off in that first half from us after we scored and we allowed Exeter more of the ball after that. They’ve been starved of it in this half and we’ve kept them comfortably at arm’s length.

I disagree. We didn't drop off at all. We kept doing what we were doing. However, they organised their defence and stopped playing hopeful balls forward that gave us cheap possession. As a result, they had the bulk of possession but still didn't threaten to score especially.

To keep a clean sheet against Exeter is fairly impressive.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024