Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nerves amongst the fanbase... 13:54 - Jan 16 with 6166 viewsITFC_Forever

Said it before and I'll say it again....

After 20+ years of almost non-stop dross and decline, the fanbase don't know how to react to being half-decent again.
And so when a bit of adversity comes our way, we panic and think the sky is falling in - as that's all we've known for the last couple of decades. (edit: And I know I am as guilty of this as the next man!)

That said, not throwing away leads in injury time would help alleviate this....
[Post edited 16 Jan 2023 14:29]

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Nerves amongst the fanbase... on 13:58 - Jan 16 with 3875 viewsclive_baker

It's audible too, especially when we have the ball at the back or with Walton, often lots of moaning and groaning. 'Get it up there' type shouts. Annoys me as while I do think Walton's distribution was terrible on Saturday and he very nearly got caught out, it's clearly what we're being instructed to do and there is method to it, to encourage their press, bring them on to us and create pockets of space further up the pitch. At least in theory.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Nerves amongst the fanbase... on 14:00 - Jan 16 with 3833 viewsKeno

its almost as tho we are running towards adversity, but not in a good way

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Nerves amongst the fanbase... on 14:05 - Jan 16 with 3767 viewsIllinoisblue

It’s bad for us, obvs, but have the Fortuna lot ever seen us win?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Nerves amongst the fanbase... on 14:10 - Jan 16 with 3719 viewsEastTownBlue

Nerves amongst the fanbase... on 14:05 - Jan 16 by Illinoisblue

It’s bad for us, obvs, but have the Fortuna lot ever seen us win?

I’m sure that they were present for the Celina thunderbolt against Leeds. Admittedly I don’t think they have seen many wins.
Nerves amongst the fanbase... on 14:23 - Jan 16 with 3570 viewsSteve_M

Yes, been notable even at away matches - Wycombe stands out - but definitely the case at times on Saturday (although the support was pretty good over all). There's an understandable frustration with missing out on the win at the end but the reaction since has been hysterically over the top.

That anxiety transmits it's way to the players just as loud support does.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Nerves amongst the fanbase... on 14:35 - Jan 16 with 3457 viewsFrimleyBlue

Nerves amongst the fanbase... on 14:23 - Jan 16 by Steve_M

Yes, been notable even at away matches - Wycombe stands out - but definitely the case at times on Saturday (although the support was pretty good over all). There's an understandable frustration with missing out on the win at the end but the reaction since has been hysterically over the top.

That anxiety transmits it's way to the players just as loud support does.

Thing Is you have to earn trust. It doesn't just happen.
The players need to see the games through, do that well enough and the trust follows and the crowds begin to see games out with ease rather than waiting for the inevitable goal to be conceded.

KM asked for fans. He got 29000 of them. Same result.

The fans are doing there bit. They are buying tickets. Paying on I follow. They are buying shirts. Selling out away games. The fans can't do any more than that.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Nerves amongst the fanbase... on 14:37 - Jan 16 with 3456 viewsitfcjoe

Maybe they should offer CBT with the season tickets next year

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Nerves amongst the fanbase... on 14:41 - Jan 16 with 3400 viewsMetal_Hacker

Nerves amongst the fanbase... on 14:35 - Jan 16 by FrimleyBlue

The players need to see the games through, do that well enough and the trust follows and the crowds begin to see games out with ease rather than waiting for the inevitable goal to be conceded.

The fans are doing there bit. They are buying tickets. Paying on I follow. They are buying shirts. Selling out away games. The fans can't do any more than that.

That's a kind of chicken or the egg scenario

Maybe if the fans' were more positive and the noise towards the end of games was more positive then if might help the players see games out ? ....works both ways

Don't think we can blame one or the other - it's circumstances surely

Poll: If it were one or the other

Login to get fewer ads

Nerves amongst the fanbase... on 15:04 - Jan 16 with 3234 viewsBasingstokeBlue

Nerves amongst the fanbase... on 14:00 - Jan 16 by Keno

its almost as tho we are running towards adversity, but not in a good way

There is no good way of hurtling towards hardship.

Poll: What do you think of the three stars being relocated?

Nerves amongst the fanbase... on 15:24 - Jan 16 with 3101 viewsSteve_M

Yes, but as ITFC-Forever states in the OP, the debate is about what happens once we have suffered a minor setback.

Endless blubbing and writing all of our players off as rubbish is, just perhaps, not the most useful or accurate response.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Nerves amongst the fanbase... on 15:30 - Jan 16 with 3047 viewstractorboy1978

For anyone sensible, McKenna and everyone at the club have earnt enough trust to be judged at the end of the season without constant blubbing, scaremongering and drivel every time we have a small setback.
Nerves amongst the fanbase... on 15:36 - Jan 16 with 2985 viewsFrimleyBlue

Nerves amongst the fanbase... on 15:30 - Jan 16 by tractorboy1978

For anyone sensible, McKenna and everyone at the club have earnt enough trust to be judged at the end of the season without constant blubbing, scaremongering and drivel every time we have a small setback.

Why. He's done nothing to earn any.

As I said, when he has, then naturally the trust will be there. At present he's not stopped a blip. Over to him to solve it.

Waka waka eh eh

Nerves amongst the fanbase... on 15:39 - Jan 16 with 2928 viewsitfcjoe

Nerves amongst the fanbase... on 15:36 - Jan 16 by FrimleyBlue

As I said, when he has, then naturally the trust will be there. At present he's not stopped a blip. Over to him to solve it.

This post sums you up to be honest - if you can't see what McKenna and the club have done in the last 12 months then there is no hope for you to ever enjoy what is happening

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Nerves amongst the fanbase... on 15:41 - Jan 16 with 2890 viewsSlimitfc91

Nerves amongst the fanbase... on 15:39 - Jan 16 by itfcjoe

This post sums you up to be honest - if you can't see what McKenna and the club have done in the last 12 months then there is no hope for you to ever enjoy what is happening

I’m sure this one doesn’t attend games, so how could he appreciate the improvements ?
Nerves amongst the fanbase... on 15:41 - Jan 16 with 2891 viewsIllinoisblue

Good lord. Every day there’s a new contender for worst take ever.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Nerves amongst the fanbase... on 15:42 - Jan 16 with 2865 viewsFrimleyBlue

Nerves amongst the fanbase... on 15:24 - Jan 16 by Steve_M

Yes, but as ITFC-Forever states in the OP, the debate is about what happens once we have suffered a minor setback.

Endless blubbing and writing all of our players off as rubbish is, just perhaps, not the most useful or accurate response.

That's football. It's the same across all forums of every side. It happens in every stand across the world.

It's laughable because some of the most passionate and trusting supporters who call out the 'blubbers' are the same ones who blubbed about previous managers every week and bemoaned players in those squads at the time too. Look at the hate norwood got. Look at what bonne got last year after Xmas.
Everyone had done it. But because you don't personally feel it now, suddenly everyone else it wrong to do it.

Waka waka eh eh

Nerves amongst the fanbase... on 15:42 - Jan 16 with 2859 viewsBigCommon

Depends wether you are an "actual supporter" (The clue is in the name)..
Buying an ifollow pass, or a season ticket come to that.Just to observe and moan isn't quite the same as supporting the club.
Nerves amongst the fanbase... on 15:46 - Jan 16 with 2792 viewsFrimleyBlue

Nerves amongst the fanbase... on 15:42 - Jan 16 by BigCommon

Depends wether you are an "actual supporter" (The clue is in the name)..
Buying an ifollow pass, or a season ticket come to that.Just to observe and moan isn't quite the same as supporting the club.

I don't think anyone does go to observe and moan.

They might however observe and moan if the result doesn't go the right way.

Waka waka eh eh

Nerves amongst the fanbase... on 15:46 - Jan 16 with 2799 viewsDanTheMan

I'm still fairly positive but it's worth remembering that for some of us, we've basically seen Ipswich do nothing except fail our entire lives.

Hard to break the habit of expecting it all to go wrong at some point.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Nerves amongst the fanbase... on 15:47 - Jan 16 with 2783 viewsStokieBlue

I'm not really convinced that there is anything either McKenna or the club could do to actually make you happy.

You live for the hot takes and thus even if we were 15 points clear at the top you'd still think of something ridiculous to moan about.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Nerves amongst the fanbase... on 15:49 - Jan 16 with 2741 viewstractorboy1978

Nerves amongst the fanbase... on 15:47 - Jan 16 by StokieBlue

I'm not really convinced that there is anything either McKenna or the club could do to actually make you happy.

You live for the hot takes and thus even if we were 15 points clear at the top you'd still think of something ridiculous to moan about.

SB

Yep and we have the choice of either:

1. Putting up with it on here daily

2. Putting him on ignore and having most threads virtually unreadable because he spams them all
Nerves amongst the fanbase... on 15:50 - Jan 16 with 2725 viewsFrimleyBlue

Nerves amongst the fanbase... on 15:47 - Jan 16 by StokieBlue

SB

Tbh I was very content when we were in the automatic places had grown a points gap and shared such views. You'd bring them up I'm sure if it suited your agenda against me. But I forgot they were positive thoughts so I guess you've magically forgotten.

Waka waka eh eh

Nerves amongst the fanbase... on 15:53 - Jan 16 with 2653 viewswaveneyblue

Might have guessed you would pipe up ...

I'm not sure what you get out of supporting Ipswich, it seems to upset you more than anything else.

Try Manchester City or jump on the Newcastle band-wagon - It will be much more pleasurable for you and the manager is probably less smarmy.

(Oh hang on, its Eddie Howe - god knows what you would make of him)
Nerves amongst the fanbase... on 15:53 - Jan 16 with 2645 viewsFrimleyBlue

Again who says I'm not enjoying the season.

The footballs great and pleasing to watch and we've had some great wins.

I don't however have to trust someone in their first year as a manager who so far got us to top down to third.. let's see where he takes us... it's at that point he's either earned that trust or he's failed to do what he was brought in to do.

Waka waka eh eh

Nerves amongst the fanbase... on 15:54 - Jan 16 with 2621 viewsdavblue

Unbelievable.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024