Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well there's a new term....."cultural security." 20:48 - Jul 3 with 1333 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

I wonder how it's defined?

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2023/jul/03/tory-group-warns-sunak-he-risks-
[Post edited 3 Jul 2023 20:52]

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

Well there's a new term....."cultural security." I wonder how it's def on 20:50 - Jul 3 with 1308 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

This maybe?

Well there's a new term....."cultural security." on 21:19 - Jul 3 with 1237 viewsGuthrum

That's one problem with a party facing (probably) fairly inevitable electoral defeat*. All sorts of weird interest groups and extremist factions can pre-emptively blame it on not having followed their advice, then say "I told you so!" afterwards, using it as a basis to leverage their influence.

The danger being that it can bounce the leadership into pandering to their crank ideas, just to shut them up, or to tie them into the failure as well.

The Conservatives are likely to lose the next election because of economic failure to deliver, mismanagement, having been in power too long, sleaze, allowing the nutters to take charge (Johnson/Truss) and so on. But these peole live in a party political bubble, not the real world.

* Tho I'm old enough to remember the shock of 1992.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Well there's a new term....."cultural security." on 21:23 - Jul 3 with 1226 viewsSwansea_Blue

Aryan race theory, anyone?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Well there's a new term....."cultural security." on 21:30 - Jul 3 with 1212 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Well there's a new term....."cultural security." on 21:23 - Jul 3 by Swansea_Blue

Aryan race theory, anyone?

Not sure about that. I think maybe more white with an inbuilt propensity to subservience.

Well there's a new term....."cultural security." on 21:37 - Jul 3 with 1196 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Well there's a new term....."cultural security." on 21:19 - Jul 3 by Guthrum

That's one problem with a party facing (probably) fairly inevitable electoral defeat*. All sorts of weird interest groups and extremist factions can pre-emptively blame it on not having followed their advice, then say "I told you so!" afterwards, using it as a basis to leverage their influence.

The danger being that it can bounce the leadership into pandering to their crank ideas, just to shut them up, or to tie them into the failure as well.

The Conservatives are likely to lose the next election because of economic failure to deliver, mismanagement, having been in power too long, sleaze, allowing the nutters to take charge (Johnson/Truss) and so on. But these peole live in a party political bubble, not the real world.

* Tho I'm old enough to remember the shock of 1992.

1992 was the year I gave up on any sense of hope about our country.

Well there's a new term....."cultural security." on 21:40 - Jul 3 with 1192 viewsSwansea_Blue

Well there's a new term....."cultural security." on 21:37 - Jul 3 by BanksterDebtSlave

1992 was the year I gave up on any sense of hope about our country.

There’s a lot of areas where we’ve gone off the rails a bit. I’m not sure we’ve had the governing party talking in a very thinly veiled way about preserving racial purity though. Utterly grim.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Well there's a new term....."cultural security." on 21:41 - Jul 3 with 1186 viewsHARRY10

Well there's a new term....."cultural security." on 21:30 - Jul 3 by BanksterDebtSlave

Not sure about that. I think maybe more white with an inbuilt propensity to subservience.

"thems our betters, thems is"
Well there's a new term....."cultural security." on 21:58 - Jul 3 with 1166 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

I've asked Hunt (T) but as my emails are no longer acknowledged I am not anticipating receiving a reply.
[Post edited 3 Jul 2023 22:00]

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

Login to get fewer ads

Well there's a new term....."cultural security." on 21:59 - Jul 3 with 1161 viewsHerbivore

Well there's a new term....."cultural security." on 21:40 - Jul 3 by Swansea_Blue

There’s a lot of areas where we’ve gone off the rails a bit. I’m not sure we’ve had the governing party talking in a very thinly veiled way about preserving racial purity though. Utterly grim.

Indeed. Anyone who can't see some of the parallels with certain political discourses from 1930s Europe at this point is choosing not to see them.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Well there's a new term....."cultural security." on 22:01 - Jul 3 with 1139 viewsDarth_Koont

I'll go for ...

1. Creeping fascism

Pronouns: He/Him

Well there's a new term....."cultural security." on 22:05 - Jul 3 with 1119 viewsHerbivore

Well there's a new term....."cultural security." on 22:01 - Jul 3 by Darth_Koont

I'll go for ...

1. Creeping fascism

I'm not sure it's creeping anymore, I think it's now running around brazenly with its pants round its ankles.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Well there's a new term....."cultural security." on 22:09 - Jul 3 with 1094 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Well there's a new term....."cultural security." on 21:40 - Jul 3 by Swansea_Blue

Nothing that has happened since on the political/social level has convinced me that I was wrong to do so.

Well there's a new term....."cultural security." on 08:01 - Jul 4 with 863 viewsSteve_M

John Crace on that weird bunch is mildly amusing.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2023/jul/03/after-13-years-in-power-who-exa

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024