Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Conor Chaplin 14:05 - Aug 14 with 2519 viewsBlueySwede

How do you grade him after the first two games?
A 7/10 from me.
He is a brilliant player and I am sure he will soon get back scoring crackers for us again.
But for the first two games I do feel that he is taking a bit too much time to get his shots away and and has found it a little bit harder to find the right spaces compared to L1.
You could also argue that he is someone that the opponents respect and marks heavily, and that opens up space for other players.
Conor Chaplin on 14:07 - Aug 14 with 2478 viewsiamipswich

Think that's a fair summation

Poll: Who will return first?

Conor Chaplin on 14:14 - Aug 14 with 2420 viewsYallop2

Very harsh for me. Picked up some great pockets Saturday and got a couple of decent shots off. Plus some really good interplay with Broadhead and Burns.

Conor Chaplin on 14:20 - Aug 14 with 2354 viewsjp_itfc

Worked his nuts off on Saturday as did the rest of the team, looked dead on his feet when he was subbed off. There was an effort in the second half where he took a touch that wasn't necessary and was blocked.

I think a 7 is fair, but I feel the 1st 11 would all be graded 7+ tbf.
Conor Chaplin on 14:21 - Aug 14 with 2323 viewsBiGDonnie

Conor Chaplin on 14:14 - Aug 14 by Yallop2

Very harsh for me. Picked up some great pockets Saturday and got a couple of decent shots off. Plus some really good interplay with Broadhead and Burns.

Agreed. Worth noting we've played two teams who are tipped to do well this season.

The front four are so well in tune with each other and play some lovely football.
[Post edited 14 Aug 2023 14:23]

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Conor Chaplin on 14:21 - Aug 14 with 2307 viewsWacko

Conor Chaplin on 14:14 - Aug 14 by Yallop2

And don’t forget the almost worldie v Sunderland. He’s class

Poll: Who would you rather see lose their job?

Conor Chaplin on 14:24 - Aug 14 with 2242 viewsMetal_Hacker

I think that's fair

It's all relative

Compared to last season I'd say a 6.5 but we're talking talking abut playing against better opposition

I've no doubt in my mind though once he starts , he'll be up there with an 8+ for sure

Defenders are aware of him and are tight to him , once they realise Burns is getting more room then the world is his lobster when they have ti push over on Wes' side a little more

Poll: If it were one or the other

Conor Chaplin on 14:30 - Aug 14 with 2168 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

He has always said he is a streaky player and once he gets one he goes on a run.

Hopefully that first one is saturday.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Conor Chaplin on 14:33 - Aug 14 with 2140 viewsSomethingBlue

I'd up it to 7.5, a lot of what we did on Saturday went through him – especially in the second half – and he grew into the Sunderland game, almost scored the goal of the season. I agree with you that there've been two or three times when he's not been able to get the shot off, that's the difference between the two leagues as you say.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Login to get fewer ads

Conor Chaplin on 14:38 - Aug 14 with 2083 viewsSheffordBlue

It's still early days but he's still getting off far more shots than anyone else (10 to Broadhead in second on 6). I'd agree he's getting more attention than previously. The goals will come - he's still leading the way for xG so he's shooting from good positions.

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Conor Chaplin on 14:42 - Aug 14 with 2058 viewsChurchman

I thought he was excellent. Worked his socks off and didn’t give the opposition a moments peace. Good control, awareness, tenacious, gutsy, aggressive in a good way, I like the way he’s constantly looking to get a shot away when he can. Why not? All that’s missing at the moment is that his shooting radar is slightly misaligned. He’s going to score a lot of goals this year.

8.5/10.
Conor Chaplin on 14:50 - Aug 14 with 1982 viewsStokieBlue

No mention of hitting the crossbar from nearly the half way line?

Think he was getting into good positions Saturday, on another day he might have scored one.

SB

Avatar - M51 - The Whirlpool Galaxy - Taken on 29th April 2024

Conor Chaplin on 15:01 - Aug 14 with 1910 viewsPioneerBlue

2 league games
4 goals score by team
—-
1 pre assist
2 very good shots at goal / 1 hit bar

I don’t know what his data looks like but on the eye he’s doing the right things and finding positions. He was very close to a goal at SLand. All the players are adjusting to the champ. He’s part of a high performing attacking unit.

I would give
[Post edited 15 Aug 2023 5:42]

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

Conor Chaplin on 15:15 - Aug 14 with 1828 viewsFromReuserWithLove

Conor Chaplin on 14:30 - Aug 14 by TRUE_BLUE123

He has always said he is a streaky player and once he gets one he goes on a run.

Hopefully that first one is saturday.

A streaky goalscorer, A reliable and driving force of a player. Don't under estimate how important a player like Chaplin is. Sets the tempo and drives the standard. Along with Morsy his name is etched on the team sheet.
Conor Chaplin on 15:30 - Aug 14 with 1721 viewshomer_123

8/10 and I'm being harsh.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Conor Chaplin on 15:39 - Aug 14 with 1672 viewstextbackup

Having watched the 2nd goal back from Saturday he could have played KJ in earlier, but I think he opted for Burns as he thought he’d get it back with a chance to score.
It all worked out ok in the end.
He’s a great little player, and one you happily pay money to watch

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Conor Chaplin on 15:40 - Aug 14 with 1670 viewsIllinoisblue

Conor Chaplin on 14:50 - Aug 14 by StokieBlue

No mention of hitting the crossbar from nearly the half way line?

Think he was getting into good positions Saturday, on another day he might have scored one.

SB

Indeed. He was half an inch away from scoring goal of the season.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Conor Chaplin on 15:45 - Aug 14 with 1638 viewsthe_toff

He was excellent on Saturday, very important contribution to the win.

Wouldn't worry too much about goals at this stage of the season, I'm sure he'll find some before too long, he's too good not to. He didn't score in the first 2 games of last season either and ended up with 30.
Conor Chaplin on 15:52 - Aug 14 with 1615 viewsBigCommon

He's an absolute workhorse. Pressing and chasing. Won the tackle on the half way line Saturday which led to Burns going close from range. I disagree about him not getting his shots off early enough. It's one of his best traits. He's had a few sighters in first two games from around the edge of the box.
I hope people don't compare him too much on his goals return last season in L1. It was an exceptional return from AM. If he can get anywhere near the 14-15 Mark this season, from AM, it will be equally as good, at this level, imo.
He's a constant threat, the goals will come... 7 is probably a fare score atm.
Conor Chaplin on 20:22 - Aug 14 with 1156 viewsMatt_Netherlands

He’s finding a yard of space in all the right positions, just not finishing his chances. I’d be more worried if he wasn’t getting into those positions. 7.5 both games for me.
Conor Chaplin on 20:41 - Aug 14 with 1100 viewsDinDjarin

Conor Chaplin on 15:39 - Aug 14 by textbackup

Having watched the 2nd goal back from Saturday he could have played KJ in earlier, but I think he opted for Burns as he thought he’d get it back with a chance to score.
It all worked out ok in the end.
He’s a great little player, and one you happily pay money to watch

Yer he was.
[Post edited 14 Aug 2023 20:48]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024