Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This season 19:29 - Aug 31 with 2246 viewsStu_boy

I hate to say it but looks like norwich could well be serious contenders for top 2 again, they seem to have really strengthened in recent times and have sorted themselves out

Saints, Leicester, leeds, stoke will all be strong

Im currently concerned about our goal output throughout the season, we have decent attackers but no one proven to be prolific in the championship
This season on 19:33 - Aug 31 with 2190 viewsMullet

Given we took 3/6 out of those that we've played in that list we should do ok too right?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

This season on 19:34 - Aug 31 with 2168 viewstextbackup

So what if those teams mentioned do well… the money they have, they should do well, but we’ve all watched football long enough to know it doesn’t always work like that.

Let’s just worry about us

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

This season on 19:38 - Aug 31 with 2136 viewsStu_boy

This season on 19:33 - Aug 31 by Mullet

Given we took 3/6 out of those that we've played in that list we should do ok too right?

Think we could have a decent first season back, much of the championship is very similar and fine margins will be the difference in many games. Fortunately, we have so far come out the right side of those margins but last time we finished top 6 we had a striker capable of hitting a lot of goals and i just cant see that currently
This season on 19:57 - Aug 31 with 2020 viewsbenrhyddingblue

Yet, given your concerns about our goal output we scored 5 goals against those teams you mention. If you had defensive concerns then maybe your post could be taken seriously.
This season on 20:26 - Aug 31 with 1872 viewsStu_boy

This season on 19:57 - Aug 31 by benrhyddingblue

Yet, given your concerns about our goal output we scored 5 goals against those teams you mention. If you had defensive concerns then maybe your post could be taken seriously.

You dont think the goals could dry up then?
[Post edited 31 Aug 2023 20:27]
This season on 20:30 - Aug 31 with 1813 viewsCoastalblue

This season on 19:38 - Aug 31 by Stu_boy

Think we could have a decent first season back, much of the championship is very similar and fine margins will be the difference in many games. Fortunately, we have so far come out the right side of those margins but last time we finished top 6 we had a striker capable of hitting a lot of goals and i just cant see that currently

Are we back to the 20 goal a season moans again?

I thought we'd moved on from that.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

This season on 20:34 - Aug 31 with 1780 viewsStu_boy

This season on 20:30 - Aug 31 by Coastalblue

Even 10-15 a season would be good but realistically how many will our strikers get? Historically it has been proven that goals win games and having proven goalscorers makes a big difference throughout a long season
This season on 20:36 - Aug 31 with 1741 viewsHerbivore

This season on 19:38 - Aug 31 by Stu_boy

We've scored 8 goals in our first 4 games, should have had a couple of pens, and have hit the woodwork. I'm not too worried about our firepower.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

This season on 20:38 - Aug 31 with 1722 viewsCoastalblue

This season on 20:34 - Aug 31 by Stu_boy

Even 10-15 a season would be good but realistically how many will our strikers get? Historically it has been proven that goals win games and having proven goalscorers makes a big difference throughout a long season

Well I don't think anybody is going to argue that goals win games, historically or not.

Whether you get a large number from one player or spread around three or four might be open to debate I would suggest though. Not that I'm saying we don't already have somebody who might get 15 goals this season.

Hirst and Chaplin could both break that number if we have a decent season.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

This season on 22:06 - Aug 31 with 1372 viewsPioneerBlue

Are you looking for a reason to moan? From where I’m sitting we’ve played 6 games this season and only failed to score 2 goals in one game which we won anyway.

Yawn.

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

This season on 22:16 - Aug 31 with 1300 viewsHighgateBlue

This season on 20:34 - Aug 31 by Stu_boy

I suggest you're worrying about the wrong thing (if you must worry about anything).

We have won all of our games in all competitions, apart from one game in which we scored 3 times. In order to see why we're not top, look at the Leeds game. What happened? Did we fail to score enough times? Or did we let in some bad goals?

Small sample size, and I can't prove anything much with a few games. But really, there's no reason to worry about scoring based on what we've done so far, and we've bolstered our attacking options today. All good.
This season on 02:14 - Sep 1 with 1066 viewsKropotkin123

This season on 20:30 - Aug 31 by Coastalblue

Also, Chaplin is on course to score 23 goals this season...

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

This season on 06:36 - Sep 1 with 902 viewsHerbivore

This season on 02:14 - Sep 1 by Kropotkin123

Also, Chaplin is on course to score 23 goals this season...

As is Broadhead. Hirst currently only on for 15 though.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024