Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
My Facebook memory for this day 11 years ago. 10:41 - Nov 3 with 1469 viewsnoggin

"A new beginning for ITFC today. Good luck Mick McCarthy"

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

My Facebook memory for this day 11 years ago. on 10:43 - Nov 3 with 1452 viewsMK1

That's another good reason why I don't do Facebook.
My Facebook memory for this day 11 years ago. on 11:14 - Nov 3 with 1387 viewsEastTownBlue

The day of a 1-0 win at Birmingham. Another one of those tomorrow would be nice.
[Post edited 3 Nov 2023 11:14]
My Facebook memory for this day 11 years ago. on 11:19 - Nov 3 with 1377 viewssuffolkpoker

My Facebook memory for this day 11 years ago. on 11:14 - Nov 3 by EastTownBlue

The day of a 1-0 win at Birmingham. Another one of those tomorrow would be nice.

Yep i remember him saying on his leaving quote that he won his first and last game as manager with us.

Poll: Should Hewitt play for the Gulls in the 2nd round of the FA Cup

My Facebook memory for this day 11 years ago. on 11:29 - Nov 3 with 1356 viewsSitfcB

I don’t think I can handle another 1-0 away win but I’ll take it if it’s guaranteed.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

My Facebook memory for this day 11 years ago. on 11:55 - Nov 3 with 1302 views_clive_baker_

I remember being in a shopping mall in NYC frantically refreshing twitter hoping for confirmation of full time. 3 points from the last 33 going in to that game, huge win to start Mick's tenure. I remember thinking once we won that we were going to be fine.

Then got slapped 5-0 by Palace a few days later and lost all optimism I had. Fine we were though.
My Facebook memory for this day 11 years ago. on 11:56 - Nov 3 with 1297 viewsPhilTWTD

Last time we won there.
My Facebook memory for this day 11 years ago. on 13:50 - Nov 3 with 1144 viewsBlueschev

I really enjoyed that season. We seemed dead and buried after that 0-6 to who was it Leicester? Then Mick got us organised and we went on a great run, but it seemed everyone at the bottom did too. It was certainly exciting. Those first 3 seasons under McCarthy were fun.
My Facebook memory for this day 11 years ago. on 14:03 - Nov 3 with 1129 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

My Facebook memory for this day 11 years ago. on 13:50 - Nov 3 by Blueschev

I really enjoyed that season. We seemed dead and buried after that 0-6 to who was it Leicester? Then Mick got us organised and we went on a great run, but it seemed everyone at the bottom did too. It was certainly exciting. Those first 3 seasons under McCarthy were fun.

He did a lot with f'all. Had he been a bit more sensible and ignored the booers towards the end, people would have looked more fondly at Micks run here. Let's be honest he kept us up twice (2012/13 and 2016/17) threatened the playoffs in 2013/14 and 2015/16 and nearly got us promoted in 2014/15. His run here was better than most, we just had a disinterested owner who was praying for a miracle to take us up rather than an actual strategy or adequate investment.

He also actually established a team here, it was a team of workers, but at least we knew who the players were and what we were doing, after Keane/Jewell it was a welcome change from tons of players being signed and having no identify at all. You knew we had Gerken, Bart, Chambers, Berra, Smith, Tabb, Skuse, Hyam, Bru, Bishop, Didz, Murphy, Sears and so on. We were hard to beat for periods and made a go of it when we had no right to do so, the effort was there, the quality was not.
Login to get fewer ads

My Facebook memory for this day 11 years ago. on 14:09 - Nov 3 with 1117 viewshoppy

With a DJ Campbell goal - and I've got the shirt he scored it in, which I got as a prize along with a year's supply of Adnams beer. I was presented it on the pitch by Lee Martin who was out either injured or suspended, I can't remember which.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

My Facebook memory for this day 11 years ago. on 17:16 - Nov 3 with 995 viewsTrumptonBlue

My Facebook memory for this day 11 years ago. on 11:56 - Nov 3 by PhilTWTD

Last time we won there.

Our only win there in the last 19 visits. Must be due another.
My Facebook memory for this day 11 years ago. on 20:58 - Nov 3 with 916 viewsBluespeed225

My Facebook memory for this day 11 years ago. on 14:09 - Nov 3 by hoppy

With a DJ Campbell goal - and I've got the shirt he scored it in, which I got as a prize along with a year's supply of Adnams beer. I was presented it on the pitch by Lee Martin who was out either injured or suspended, I can't remember which.

Aah, DJ. I was at (and this is true), the Good food weekend at the NEC when we played Bolton and I think, DJ got us another win. The significance of this story is that the said exhibition also contained The British Cheese Finals 2012. it was one of the most magnificent sights, a whole hall of cheeses. However, I cannot remember who won.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024