Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Travis Player Cam 13:13 - Jan 15 with 2564 viewsFrimleyBlue

If you dont subscribe, it's worth it for this alone.

Only 1 game, but we've found our next Morsy, constant verbal communication, quick feet, tough tackling, simple balls yet loves to drive forward. Lovely debut that.

https://www.itfc.co.uk/videos/49540235-1cc7-4144-b589-3588fc536398

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Travis Player Cam on 14:31 - Jan 15 with 2145 viewsblueasfook

He was really on good on saturday. I look forward to seeing him more. I cant wait to see him and Morsy play together. We'll have one of the best midfield pairings in the championship

Hunk trapped in a slob's body.
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Travis Player Cam on 15:17 - Jan 15 with 1939 viewsFreddies_Ears

Travis Player Cam on 14:31 - Jan 15 by blueasfook

He was really on good on saturday. I look forward to seeing him more. I cant wait to see him and Morsy play together. We'll have one of the best midfield pairings in the championship

Oddly, I had merely considered Travis as an alternative to Morsy. I hadn't thought they might be a duo... Harsh on Luongo, but perhaps an example of not letting sentiment get in the way of progress?
Travis Player Cam on 15:20 - Jan 15 with 1911 viewsportmanking

It's strange, I must be one of the only people who were a tad underwhelmed at his impact on the ball. No doubting his competitiveness in duels etc, but I don't think he showed anywhere near enough for the ball off the centre halves. I'm sure that'll come though with repetition and time. I just didn't think it was as bright a debut as some have made out.
Travis Player Cam on 15:31 - Jan 15 with 1848 viewsSaleAway

Travis Player Cam on 15:20 - Jan 15 by portmanking

It's strange, I must be one of the only people who were a tad underwhelmed at his impact on the ball. No doubting his competitiveness in duels etc, but I don't think he showed anywhere near enough for the ball off the centre halves. I'm sure that'll come though with repetition and time. I just didn't think it was as bright a debut as some have made out.

Yeah, was very clear that the triangles with Hladky and Clarke weren't there. Although that looked like a conscious decision, so perhaps they didn't want to risk him without the training there.

I'm sure it will come quickly though, as everything else he did looked good

Poll: Which is less impressive?
Blog: Phoenix From the Flames

Travis Player Cam on 15:35 - Jan 15 with 1818 viewstonybied

I expect that is something that will come after a few weeks of training with us. I doubt he had many training sessions with the coaching staff and team before Saturday's game to get familiar with our style.
Travis Player Cam on 15:35 - Jan 15 with 1816 viewsArnieM

Think I’d be giving him a bit of time to settle though, coz he’s barely played any football this season I think. Given that, I’d say he played really well.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Travis Player Cam on 15:37 - Jan 15 with 1792 viewsportmanking

Travis Player Cam on 15:35 - Jan 15 by tonybied

I expect that is something that will come after a few weeks of training with us. I doubt he had many training sessions with the coaching staff and team before Saturday's game to get familiar with our style.

Agreed, hopefully that's the case. I just think people calling him the new/next Morsy need to be careful. Our Egyptian King runs games and handles the ball immensely in tight areas. Travis did very little of that on the night, but hopefully he grows into his role. Sounds like he'll be pairing with Morsy for the meantime with Luongo sidelined.
Travis Player Cam on 15:39 - Jan 15 with 1778 viewsRadlett_blue

He's no Jonathan Douglas, that's for sure.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Login to get fewer ads

Travis Player Cam on 15:47 - Jan 15 with 1728 views_clive_baker_

It was a very solid hour of football from him, he was combative against a very good opposition. I do think the talk of a 'masterclass' and whatever else is over egging it somewhat tbh. Not to knock him, you can't expect a huge amount more on his debut but I do wonder if people are seeing what they want to see at times.
Travis Player Cam on 15:56 - Jan 15 with 1682 viewsReusersTown

I wasn't underwhelmed, but there's certainly an element of exaggeration from some. Might just be the way of the modern fan.
Travis Player Cam on 16:07 - Jan 15 with 1617 viewsSomethingBlue

It'll be interesting to see whether/how that happens in practice. Our left central midfielder has a very specific job making forward runs and combining with Davis/Broadhead – Luongo does that very well, Taylor shows signs of it, but whether that is really Travis's game remains to be seen. Lovely to have him here though as a player who is very experienced, still pretty young and clearly good. As a minimum it should help the others stay fresh and share the minutes around as the business end nears.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Travis Player Cam on 16:09 - Jan 15 with 1594 viewsWacko

This is what my Blackburn mate said about him, FYI:

"Limited but good energy. Wins a tackle but not positionally great, or a good passer."

Poll: Who would you rather see lose their job?

Travis Player Cam on 16:12 - Jan 15 with 1569 viewsportmanking

Travis Player Cam on 16:09 - Jan 15 by Wacko

This is what my Blackburn mate said about him, FYI:

"Limited but good energy. Wins a tackle but not positionally great, or a good passer."

I think he's probably better than what your Blackburn mate has described. But equally I don't think he's quite Xavi either.

We'll see. TBF it was his ball through the lines which set up Jacko's goal, so he's got it in his locker.

I guess I just wasn't as bowled over by his performance as several others.
Travis Player Cam on 16:32 - Jan 15 with 1476 viewsVaughan8

No you're not the only one.

I thought he did well was pretty solid. His passing wasn't always great. Nowhere near as good as Morsy currently.

However, he's not had long with us and presumably we are a slightly different style to Blackburn (?) So he did well with the limited time he's had to train etc.

Some are going slightly ott
Travis Player Cam on 16:38 - Jan 15 with 1424 viewsbaxterbasics

Travis Player Cam on 15:17 - Jan 15 by Freddies_Ears

Oddly, I had merely considered Travis as an alternative to Morsy. I hadn't thought they might be a duo... Harsh on Luongo, but perhaps an example of not letting sentiment get in the way of progress?

I'm sure all three will have their fair share of game time still, nice to have some cover regardless of who is top of the pecking order.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Travis Player Cam on 18:22 - Jan 15 with 1219 viewsAbstract_Truth

Yes, great stuff and good to see his commitment... was imagining a Mogwai soundtrack whilst watching that
Travis Player Cam on 19:09 - Jan 15 with 1073 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

Not only did he take on the role of midfield enforcer and make loads of tackles, he made the Morsy-esque pass for the first goal. Very impressed, great debut after so little time to train with his new team mates. And Sam will doubtless miss at least 4 more games due to suspension this season, Mass is currently injured, and often Massa is done after 60/70 minutes. We need all 3 of them. The recruitment team did a fantastic job to track down Travis, just another example of how superbly this club is run. COYBs.

Poll: would you rather

Travis Player Cam on 19:21 - Jan 15 with 1000 viewsFrimleyBlue

Travis Player Cam on 16:32 - Jan 15 by Vaughan8

No you're not the only one.

I thought he did well was pretty solid. His passing wasn't always great. Nowhere near as good as Morsy currently.

However, he's not had long with us and presumably we are a slightly different style to Blackburn (?) So he did well with the limited time he's had to train etc.

Some are going slightly ott

Think its more the natural talent and experienced can be seen even after a debut fixture.

When you look at the likes of Ball or even Taylor they dint show that natural turn with the ball or technique when spraying the ball around.

Of course lots more to come. The not dropping deep for example will take time as he Learns the angles, knows where his team mates are etc.

As debuts go it was very solid.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024