Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Never go 'full-Corbyn' 09:28 - Jan 10 with 3386 viewsElderGrizzly

National Wage Cap?
Restrict Freedom of Movement?
Corbyn endorsing UKIP policies?

I'm guessing those who wanted to see more of Corbyn will wish he was locked back away?

[Post edited 10 Jan 2017 9:38]
Never go 'full-Corbyn' on 09:33 - Jan 10 with 1699 viewslowhouseblue

but hey, at least town are doing ok.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Never go 'full-Corbyn' on 09:35 - Jan 10 with 1682 viewsNo9

& to think if the Lib-Dems had not been such stupid, incompetent @rseholes we may not be in this mess?
But hey, head up your @rse is, the 'British' way
Never go 'full-Corbyn' on 09:37 - Jan 10 with 1665 viewsStokieBlue

Unaspirational and the politics of envy at its worst.

We need budding entrepreneurs making companies and employing people, not ridiculous nonsense.

I notice the cap would be higher than his salary, a salary which is massive compared to those he mentions in the same breath.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Never go 'full-Corbyn' on 09:40 - Jan 10 with 1632 viewsKeno

I hope Milne doesnt see that picture

he might think he's a cheap option to out striker problems!!

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Never go 'full-Corbyn' on 09:41 - Jan 10 with 1619 viewslowhouseblue

Never go 'full-Corbyn' on 09:37 - Jan 10 by StokieBlue

We need budding entrepreneurs making companies and employing people, not ridiculous nonsense.

I notice the cap would be higher than his salary, a salary which is massive compared to those he mentions in the same breath.

SB

to be fair to corbyn he sees this as town's best route back into the premier league. once all the top players have headed off abroad we'll be back.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Never go 'full-Corbyn' on 09:42 - Jan 10 with 1617 viewsElderGrizzly

Never go 'full-Corbyn' on 09:40 - Jan 10 by Keno

Well Mick does like an ineffective left winger
Never go 'full-Corbyn' on 09:43 - Jan 10 with 1601 viewsDoobDude

SB

But the "budding entrpreneurs" don't care about wage caps.
As they would make their money from dividends and pensions.

I would hope it would be aimed at the hopeless CEOs in the public sector.
And the laughable excuse that if you don't pay them £250K you won't get the talent.

See that useless Southern Health woman for a classic example.

What... is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow? What do you mean? An African or European swallow? Huh? I... I don't know that ... Auuuuuuuugh.
Poll: Whi is getting sold to fund the Webster Signing

Never go 'full-Corbyn' on 09:43 - Jan 10 with 1602 viewshype313

Be interesting to see how his beloved Gooners feel about his wage cap...

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Login to get fewer ads

Never go 'full-Corbyn' on 09:44 - Jan 10 with 1600 viewsNo9

SB

But it has always been the 'system' rather than politicians who have stifled budding entrepreneurs hasn't it?
the no tax allowance under Thatcher virtually killed them off & that was always Osbornes policy which fortunately now looks as though it may be addressed.

If you really want to encourage entrepreneurs then you would ignore the cap and concentrate on ensuring that those who want to get their ideas off the ground are not totally fcuked by the banks who have done more to kill off SME's than any politician

& small companies never seem to take advantage of things which are introducued to help them e.g. the Brown 10% tax advantage to SME's which was mainly abused rather than used to advantage.
Never go 'full-Corbyn' on 09:58 - Jan 10 with 1535 viewsBOjK

Never go 'full-Corbyn' on 09:44 - Jan 10 by No9

But it has always been the 'system' rather than politicians who have stifled budding entrepreneurs hasn't it?
the no tax allowance under Thatcher virtually killed them off & that was always Osbornes policy which fortunately now looks as though it may be addressed.

If you really want to encourage entrepreneurs then you would ignore the cap and concentrate on ensuring that those who want to get their ideas off the ground are not totally fcuked by the banks who have done more to kill off SME's than any politician

& small companies never seem to take advantage of things which are introducued to help them e.g. the Brown 10% tax advantage to SME's which was mainly abused rather than used to advantage.

There is some truth in that but the tax advantages to start-ups are significant and highly motivational to entrepreneurs .

Blog: [Blog] Keep Calm and Carry on (Or Why the Club is Not in Crisis from Top to Bottom)

Never go 'full-Corbyn' on 10:00 - Jan 10 with 1522 viewsBackToRussia

SB

you actually used the word aspirational like it meant something, weird.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Never go 'full-Corbyn' on 10:02 - Jan 10 with 1503 viewsNo9

Never go 'full-Corbyn' on 09:40 - Jan 10 by Keno

but, is he old enough for the first team squad?
Never go 'full-Corbyn' on 10:08 - Jan 10 with 1464 viewsNo9

Never go 'full-Corbyn' on 09:58 - Jan 10 by BOjK

There is some truth in that but the tax advantages to start-ups are significant and highly motivational to entrepreneurs .

but the tax advantages are only part of the story as under some circumstances they are insufficient which government has, to an extent recognised by the amount the LEP's are chucking around. Neither of those advantages address the problems created by the banks.

In one forum we tried to get support from the tories to have either RBS or Lloyds completely nationalised as a bank for use by students, SME's & pensioners - with limits of course but they would not have it.

As a matter of interest I don't think Cameron /Osborne chucked as much money at entrereneurs as they chucked aat people wanting to buy houses up to £600k - but them the entrepreneur does not have as much clout as do property developers
Never go 'full-Corbyn' on 10:13 - Jan 10 with 1439 viewschicoazul

Wage control. Always a huge vote winner. Good to see the tenets of North London faux-intellectual egalitarian dinner party Gramsci-Marxism live strong in Comrade Corbyn. Tories must be laughing their knobs off.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Never go 'full-Corbyn' on 10:47 - Jan 10 with 1363 viewsGogs

Corbyn may as well have policies along the lines of 'free unicorns for all'. He won't be PM for as long as he has got a hole in his @rse
Never go 'full-Corbyn' on 11:01 - Jan 10 with 1324 viewsLord_Lucan

Never go 'full-Corbyn' on 09:43 - Jan 10 by hype313

They asked him that sort of question and he said that Arsene Wenger would be in favour of it as he is an accountant at heart.

For what it's worth I think our politicians are massively underpaid and I also think some footballers wages are obscene, although I don't really agree with wage capping. Well I struggle with it as I don't see what it has to do with "The Man"

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Never go 'full-Corbyn' on 11:05 - Jan 10 with 1304 viewshype313

Never go 'full-Corbyn' on 11:01 - Jan 10 by Lord_Lucan

They asked him that sort of question and he said that Arsene Wenger would be in favour of it as he is an accountant at heart.

For what it's worth I think our politicians are massively underpaid and I also think some footballers wages are obscene, although I don't really agree with wage capping. Well I struggle with it as I don't see what it has to do with "The Man"

Wenger would love it as he can't stand the thought of paying his players £150k a week, it's silly money granted, but it's the reality of the PL and the money involved.

Wenger could be principled and say he won't go above a certain number, but if clubs like Stoke start offering higher wages and Arsenal really do then start falling down then the fans would kick off, especially given that they are the highest ticket cost for football in the world.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Never go 'full-Corbyn' on 11:09 - Jan 10 with 1290 viewsoldbluestu

Never go 'full-Corbyn' on 09:43 - Jan 10 by DoobDude

But the "budding entrpreneurs" don't care about wage caps.
As they would make their money from dividends and pensions.

I would hope it would be aimed at the hopeless CEOs in the public sector.
And the laughable excuse that if you don't pay them £250K you won't get the talent.

See that useless Southern Health woman for a classic example.

I'm sure Corbyn would exempt Public Sector, he's only interested in attacking the private sector

Unfortunately he comes from the world that assumes anyone with money had it given to them and that nobody ever worked hard to reach wealthy levels after starting with nothing.
Never go 'full-Corbyn' on 11:35 - Jan 10 with 1249 viewsNo9

Never go 'full-Corbyn' on 11:09 - Jan 10 by oldbluestu

I'm sure Corbyn would exempt Public Sector, he's only interested in attacking the private sector

Unfortunately he comes from the world that assumes anyone with money had it given to them and that nobody ever worked hard to reach wealthy levels after starting with nothing.

It is the wealthy people like you who forget the wealth is actually created by the worker not the boardroom
YOu may have overlooked the fact that many shareholders are voting down the bloated wage increases required by the CEO?
Never go 'full-Corbyn' on 11:36 - Jan 10 with 1234 viewsNo9

Never go 'full-Corbyn' on 09:43 - Jan 10 by hype313

What is the relation between Wengers pay & those of his players- in terms of a multiplier?
Never go 'full-Corbyn' on 11:39 - Jan 10 with 1221 viewsLord_Lucan

Never go 'full-Corbyn' on 11:35 - Jan 10 by No9

It is the wealthy people like you who forget the wealth is actually created by the worker not the boardroom
YOu may have overlooked the fact that many shareholders are voting down the bloated wage increases required by the CEO?

"It is the wealthy people like you who forget the wealth is actually created by the worker not the boardroom"

That's like a future ex wife demanding half of your business because she did some filing and typing.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Never go 'full-Corbyn' on 11:40 - Jan 10 with 1220 viewschicoazul

Never go 'full-Corbyn' on 11:35 - Jan 10 by No9

You make an interesting point here in that gigantic salaries could be challenged by organised shareholder revolt, but this never happens.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Never go 'full-Corbyn' on 11:44 - Jan 10 with 1196 viewsNo9

Never go 'full-Corbyn' on 11:40 - Jan 10 by chicoazul

You make an interesting point here in that gigantic salaries could be challenged by organised shareholder revolt, but this never happens.

I thought in some cases (but not enough) this had actually happened? e.g. I thought wne G bbrought in the bloke from Statoil on an enormous reimbursement package the shareholders voted it down
Then of course not being greedy they voted to bulge their own pockets by selling out to Shell?

While I would not necessarily believe a cap is the answer I do beleive there is a case to attach a maximum multiplier.

There is a lot of evidence to suggest the smaller gap between the top & bottom in some European companies has helped rahter than hindered their performance
Never go 'full-Corbyn' on 11:47 - Jan 10 with 1182 viewsNo9

Never go 'full-Corbyn' on 11:39 - Jan 10 by Lord_Lucan

"It is the wealthy people like you who forget the wealth is actually created by the worker not the boardroom"

That's like a future ex wife demanding half of your business because she did some filing and typing.

I have come across executives who could not even fill their cup let alone file anything
Never go 'full-Corbyn' on 11:48 - Jan 10 with 1185 viewsSteve_M

Never go 'full-Corbyn' on 10:13 - Jan 10 by chicoazul

Wage control. Always a huge vote winner. Good to see the tenets of North London faux-intellectual egalitarian dinner party Gramsci-Marxism live strong in Comrade Corbyn. Tories must be laughing their knobs off.

Meanwhile he's failed to put any pressure on Jeremy Hunt whose incompetence and obliviousness to the mess he is responsible for continues.
[Post edited 10 Jan 2017 11:55]

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024