Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Has morale and support been this bad in recent history? 12:02 - Jan 18 with 945 viewschristiand

Yes, we have had some dark times over the last 15 years, but has it ever been THIS bad?

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Has morale and support been this bad in recent history? on 12:06 - Jan 18 with 917 viewstextbackup

Said it last night and J2 said I needed to get a grip or whatever, but I am currently ashamed to be an Ipswich fan. There is no hope no dream no passion no clue

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Has morale and support been this bad in recent history? on 12:06 - Jan 18 with 927 viewsGarv

I think it was probably just as bad under Keane and Jewell, I think people just forget. Keane saved himself a bit of dignity by having a decent run in the cup, however.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Has morale and support been this bad in recent history? on 12:12 - Jan 18 with 907 viewslowhouseblue

Has morale and support been this bad in recent history? on 12:06 - Jan 18 by Garv

I think it was probably just as bad under Keane and Jewell, I think people just forget. Keane saved himself a bit of dignity by having a decent run in the cup, however.

I think under keane, and to a lesser extent under jewell, there was still a snese that we were going through a short-term ordeal and that at some point we would re-emerge wiser and ready to take up where we left off. the difference is that it's all now gone on for so long that it's far harder to see how we come back from it or whether the club we support is even still there any more.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Has morale and support been this bad in recent history? on 12:13 - Jan 18 with 891 viewsSWGF

Has morale and support been this bad in recent history? on 12:06 - Jan 18 by Garv

We had financial backing under both those two. We don't even have that now.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Has morale and support been this bad in recent history? on 12:16 - Jan 18 with 859 viewsLankHenners

Has morale and support been this bad in recent history? on 12:12 - Jan 18 by lowhouseblue

I think under keane, and to a lesser extent under jewell, there was still a snese that we were going through a short-term ordeal and that at some point we would re-emerge wiser and ready to take up where we left off. the difference is that it's all now gone on for so long that it's far harder to see how we come back from it or whether the club we support is even still there any more.

All the building apathy since our relegation and immediate playoff losses has come to a head I feel. As a club we've been going nowhere for a while and nothing sums that up better than the current state of affairs on offer. People have become incredibly restless and with regards to Mick and the fans, we've reached a point of no return.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Has morale and support been this bad in recent history? on 12:18 - Jan 18 with 826 viewstaximan

Has morale and support been this bad in recent history? on 12:16 - Jan 18 by LankHenners

All the building apathy since our relegation and immediate playoff losses has come to a head I feel. As a club we've been going nowhere for a while and nothing sums that up better than the current state of affairs on offer. People have become incredibly restless and with regards to Mick and the fans, we've reached a point of no return.

but we will win at huddersfield ?
Has morale and support been this bad in recent history? on 12:21 - Jan 18 with 802 viewsLankHenners

Has morale and support been this bad in recent history? on 12:18 - Jan 18 by taximan

but we will win at huddersfield ?

I don't know. It will be tough but we've played better in the league recently against not so great teams so we'll see if we can do it against some of the better ones.

Has morale and support been this bad in recent history? on 12:24 - Jan 18 with 766 viewstaximan

Has morale and support been this bad in recent history? on 12:21 - Jan 18 by LankHenners

I don't know. It will be tough but we've played better in the league recently against not so great teams so we'll see if we can do it against some of the better ones.

apologies

i thought you posted we will win at huddersfield earlier today
Login to get fewer ads

Has morale and support been this bad in recent history? on 12:25 - Jan 18 with 747 viewsLankHenners

Has morale and support been this bad in recent history? on 12:24 - Jan 18 by taximan

apologies

i thought you posted we will win at huddersfield earlier today

I said I reckon we'll put in a good performance, at least one a lot better than last night's sh!tstorm.

Has morale and support been this bad in recent history? on 12:38 - Jan 18 with 692 viewsGarv

Has morale and support been this bad in recent history? on 12:12 - Jan 18 by lowhouseblue

I'd say what makes the current situation worse is what has gone before it. It's just yet another sorry episode.

Keane never had any good moments really so I'm not sure I agree with you regarding the 'short term ordeal' but that's just a side note.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Has morale and support been this bad in recent history? on 12:59 - Jan 18 with 619 viewslowhouseblue

Has morale and support been this bad in recent history? on 12:38 - Jan 18 by Garv

I'd say what makes the current situation worse is what has gone before it. It's just yet another sorry episode.

Keane never had any good moments really so I'm not sure I agree with you regarding the 'short term ordeal' but that's just a side note.

i meant 'short-term' in the sense of it'll be over when he's gone.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Has morale and support been this bad in recent history? on 12:59 - Jan 18 with 608 viewsFtnfwest

not for such an extended period, then we were at least still trying to play the right way...and failing!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024