Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Knudsen... 13:17 - Jan 29 with 2639 viewsBluesquid

To those who went to the game, how did he play?

Watching the highlights i thought he looked at fault for the goal, he stood off too much and his challenge was late and it allowed the ball to come into the box.

And what on earth was he doing at 1:06? lol, keystone cop defending that nearly led to us conceding a goal.

Terrible defending, again, on and on and on it goes.

Tom Lawrence on the other hand, what a player and what a goal!!!
Knudsen... on 13:24 - Jan 29 with 2595 viewssuperfan

He did plenty of good going forward, but defensively he is lacking at this level. Will be a better player for the experience and I would continue with him for now.
Knudsen... on 13:31 - Jan 29 with 2547 viewsNorthern_Blue81

Knudsen... on 13:24 - Jan 29 by superfan

He did plenty of good going forward, but defensively he is lacking at this level. Will be a better player for the experience and I would continue with him for now.

I do not rate Jonas at all, but he does try incredibly hard, maybe too hard even at times which might make him look worse than he is. I am sure when a new management structure is in place poor old Jonas would struggle a great deal to get in the team.
Knudsen... on 13:35 - Jan 29 with 2510 viewstrueblues78

Such a frustrating player. I love his passion etc but I would never say he is a solid left back. I had hoped he would push on further this season.

Yesterday I thought he was the weakest link in the back four. That said I think a back four suits him much more than being a wing back. I am hoping Kenlock can replicate his previous form and slot back in.

Poll: Would you sell Knudsen?

Knudsen... on 13:42 - Jan 29 with 2458 viewsMullet

Knudsen... on 13:35 - Jan 29 by trueblues78

Such a frustrating player. I love his passion etc but I would never say he is a solid left back. I had hoped he would push on further this season.

Yesterday I thought he was the weakest link in the back four. That said I think a back four suits him much more than being a wing back. I am hoping Kenlock can replicate his previous form and slot back in.

I really dunno how you can reach that conclusion when he kept Gallagher quiet all game, got in a few decent crosses, had a decent shot on target etc.

Josh on the other side meanwhile got caught out by McGeady countless times. Emmanuel was worse with his positioning and tracking. I understand there's a disparity there, but all their threat came from that side until the goal ironically.

That was caused by Skuse and Bru being out of position on the counter and sucking a massive gap into the shape of the team as PNE broke.

Whilst Knudsen could have done better perhaps, it was unfortunate the goal came from a jammy deflection into Hugill like that. Had he and Bru worked together better he could have attacked Horgan sooner and we might have won.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Knudsen... on 14:01 - Jan 29 with 2346 viewspatrickswell

Knudsen... on 13:24 - Jan 29 by superfan

Kenlock, Kenlock, Kenlock.

Mick clearly thinks so and it's only an injury that's got Knudsen back in. If we're not going to buy a quality left back (and we're not) let's keep bringing Kenlock through.
Knudsen... on 14:17 - Jan 29 with 2274 viewsBluesquid

Knudsen... on 13:42 - Jan 29 by Mullet

I really dunno how you can reach that conclusion when he kept Gallagher quiet all game, got in a few decent crosses, had a decent shot on target etc.

Josh on the other side meanwhile got caught out by McGeady countless times. Emmanuel was worse with his positioning and tracking. I understand there's a disparity there, but all their threat came from that side until the goal ironically.

That was caused by Skuse and Bru being out of position on the counter and sucking a massive gap into the shape of the team as PNE broke.

Whilst Knudsen could have done better perhaps, it was unfortunate the goal came from a jammy deflection into Hugill like that. Had he and Bru worked together better he could have attacked Horgan sooner and we might have won.

Forget the jammy deflection - that wouldn't of occurred if the ball in was stopped by Knudsen.
There's no way any defender or in fact any player for that matter that should allow a ball like that to be fed into our area.

The thing is it happens time and time again.
Basic stuff which is so frustrating to see.

Im confident though that with Micks coaching skills and with him being a former defender himself basic error's like this will soon be a thing of the past!
Knudsen... on 14:34 - Jan 29 with 2192 viewsMullet

Knudsen... on 14:17 - Jan 29 by Bluesquid

Forget the jammy deflection - that wouldn't of occurred if the ball in was stopped by Knudsen.
There's no way any defender or in fact any player for that matter that should allow a ball like that to be fed into our area.

The thing is it happens time and time again.
Basic stuff which is so frustrating to see.

Im confident though that with Micks coaching skills and with him being a former defender himself basic error's like this will soon be a thing of the past!

But that's just showing you have it in for Knudsen to some small degree based on your OP, it's not really representative of the overall performances.

I'm not sure if the TV coverage accurately shows the spread or movement of players of both sides. Like I said at the time and here he should have gone toward Horgan to make it harder, but likewise you can't account for that deflection altering the result massively.

Had we remained stable like we did in the 1st half it wouldn't have gone in because the shape and support would have been there.

Bart, Chambers and Berra all had to put their body on the line to stop certain goals. You could argue in each circumstance they/one other made the same basic mistake as you put it.

It's not really representative to blame a player completely as well as ignore the involvement of the attackers. Same as when a winger beats Chambers he gets pelters but Emmanuel and Kenlock are coddled all too often.

I get why, but if we're going to apply the logic selectively it's pointless.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Knudsen... on 14:41 - Jan 29 with 2141 viewsSuperfrans

Knudsen was fine. He gets constant grief on here for some reason. He's not a terrible full back, in fact he's pretty solid going backwards, it's going forward he has problems.

This fact is illustrated by the continual support for Emmanuel, who, while giving us options going forward, especially in the final third, is constantly having to be babysat by Chambers, because he is constantly pulled out of position.

Of course, Josh is young, he will make mistakes and I'm not saying he should be hammered for this. But Knudsen shouldn't be ushered in as our latest scapegoat now Douglas is unlikely to get a look-in.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Login to get fewer ads

Knudsen... on 16:03 - Jan 29 with 1920 viewsGarv

Knudsen... on 14:41 - Jan 29 by Superfrans

Knudsen was fine. He gets constant grief on here for some reason. He's not a terrible full back, in fact he's pretty solid going backwards, it's going forward he has problems.

This fact is illustrated by the continual support for Emmanuel, who, while giving us options going forward, especially in the final third, is constantly having to be babysat by Chambers, because he is constantly pulled out of position.

Of course, Josh is young, he will make mistakes and I'm not saying he should be hammered for this. But Knudsen shouldn't be ushered in as our latest scapegoat now Douglas is unlikely to get a look-in.

I think it's his dodgy clearances and headers that get people annoyed, and as you say his attacking.

Oh, and his god-awful throw ins (Mick's fault).

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Knudsen... on 17:18 - Jan 29 with 1736 viewsBlueAllOver

Knudsen... on 16:03 - Jan 29 by Garv

I think it's his dodgy clearances and headers that get people annoyed, and as you say his attacking.

Thought Jonas had a decent game yesterday, did lots of good things.

COYB.
Knudsen... on 09:24 - Jan 30 with 1241 viewsLuggworm

Knudsen... on 16:03 - Jan 29 by Garv

If you want to moan about dodgy clearances and headers then Berra's the one you should be annoyed with.

And his throw ins are fine, if only someone would be in position for the flick on like Berra was for QPR (try doing that at the right end though hey!).
Knudsen... on 09:32 - Jan 30 with 1199 viewsGeoffSentence

For their goal I was more bothered by how their were PNE two players in our penalty without a man goalside of them. One flicks it on, the other scores. Is getting goalside of your man not a thing in football anymore?

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Knudsen... on 09:42 - Jan 30 with 1161 viewstractorshark

Knudsen... on 09:32 - Jan 30 by GeoffSentence

For their goal I was more bothered by how their were PNE two players in our penalty without a man goalside of them. One flicks it on, the other scores. Is getting goalside of your man not a thing in football anymore?

He's only goalside because Emmanuel is playing him onside.
Chambers and Berra are in a line, Josh isn't.
You can argue about the merits off the offside trap but you can't retreat to your goal line. There has to be a point where you let the strikers run offside.

As for the cross, maybe Knudsen could have done more but he's shown him inside and the deflection is fortunate.
But I saw an earlier comment saying defenders can't allow crosses like that. If that's the case, you'd never see a cross in a football match.
Knudsen... on 09:45 - Jan 30 with 1145 viewsNo9

Didn't Tom L give the ball to their player which resulted in their goal?
& why blame Knudsen entirely when no one picked up the goal scorers (MM's target) when he was standing on his own in front of goal?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024