Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
MP's to consider FA & may vote No Confidence 15:13 - Feb 7 with 1120 viewsNo9

I dIf already posted I apologise but have only just seen that MP's will discuss the FA on 9/2 & may pass a vote of 'No Confidence' .

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/feb/03/mps-debate-vote-of-no-confidenc

It may take some time to change but I feel for the good of English football the FA must change

MP's to consider FA & may vote No Confidence on 15:15 - Feb 7 with 1103 viewsDolly2.0

This is brilliant news.

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

MP's to consider FA & may vote No Confidence on 15:18 - Feb 7 with 1092 viewshype313

Good, there isn't a more failing institute in the country, well, apart from the Labour party.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

MP's to consider FA & may vote No Confidence on 15:21 - Feb 7 with 1079 viewsBlueBadger

MP's to consider FA & may vote No Confidence on 15:18 - Feb 7 by hype313

Good, there isn't a more failing institute in the country, well, apart from the Labour party.

..the railways, probation service, prison service, health and social care....

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

MP's to consider FA & may vote No Confidence on 15:22 - Feb 7 with 1069 viewsNo9

MP's to consider FA & may vote No Confidence on 15:18 - Feb 7 by hype313

Er, where do you live?
MP's to consider FA & may vote No Confidence on 15:49 - Feb 7 with 1017 viewshype313

MP's to consider FA & may vote No Confidence on 15:22 - Feb 7 by No9

Er, where do you live?

29 Acacia Road.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

MP's to consider FA & may vote No Confidence on 15:51 - Feb 7 with 1010 viewsITFC1983

MP's to consider FA & may vote No Confidence on 15:49 - Feb 7 by hype313

29 Acacia Road.

Poll: £16m Mario Balotelli or £11m Ross McCormack or £FREE* David McGoldrick

MP's to consider FA & may vote No Confidence on 16:13 - Feb 7 with 978 viewsNo9

MP's to consider FA & may vote No Confidence on 15:49 - Feb 7 by hype313

29 Acacia Road.

Singapore?
Can't be in the Uk as you cannot have missed all the 'difficulties' we have with Public Services, Housing, rail roads, etc. etc. ?
MP's to consider FA & may vote No Confidence on 16:22 - Feb 7 with 971 viewsBlueBadger

MP's to consider FA & may vote No Confidence on 16:13 - Feb 7 by No9

Singapore?
Can't be in the Uk as you cannot have missed all the 'difficulties' we have with Public Services, Housing, rail roads, etc. etc. ?

Still it's a good job we have an utterly functional opposition to speak out about it. No, wait. The other one.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Login to get fewer ads

MP's to consider FA & may vote No Confidence on 16:32 - Feb 7 with 957 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Does make me feel a little uncomfortable when politicians decide to get involved in the running of Sports Governing Bodies.

Yes it is 'their' money and ultimately they are all accountable to Sport England / UKSport which are Government funded agencies but I hate seeing these groups 'discuss' matters they have little to no interest or expertise in.. Though I would be a little biased.
MP's to consider FA & may vote No Confidence on 16:32 - Feb 7 with 959 viewsNo9

MP's to consider FA & may vote No Confidence on 16:22 - Feb 7 by BlueBadger

Still it's a good job we have an utterly functional opposition to speak out about it. No, wait. The other one.

What good is the oppsition when you have fixed term parliaments & a rabid RW media that people in school are taught to believe ?
MP's to consider FA & may vote No Confidence on 16:49 - Feb 7 with 929 viewsbrogansnose

Does anybody know where in football this £30 million goes ? I would hope that it goes to grass roots football, however, I can't see why all football clubs should not have a tax levy to support grass roots football instead of Joe Public. Perhaps League clubs already do and I would be interested to find out.
MP's to consider FA & may vote No Confidence on 16:49 - Feb 7 with 926 viewsBlueBadger

MP's to consider FA & may vote No Confidence on 16:32 - Feb 7 by No9

What good is the oppsition when you have fixed term parliaments & a rabid RW media that people in school are taught to believe ?

Well, for starters, they're good for utterly jack sh1t when their entire front bench is utterly incompetent.

MP's to consider FA & may vote No Confidence on 17:00 - Feb 7 with 906 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

MP's to consider FA & may vote No Confidence on 16:49 - Feb 7 by brogansnose

Does anybody know where in football this £30 million goes ? I would hope that it goes to grass roots football, however, I can't see why all football clubs should not have a tax levy to support grass roots football instead of Joe Public. Perhaps League clubs already do and I would be interested to find out.

It does rile me more than a little, given that I have worked in Sport for a number of years & the Sports Governing Bodies I've worked in have had to work tooth and nail to get any money from Sport England..
In fact a number of sports have had severe cuts in the last week leading to a lot of redundancies of former colleagues where 100k has been cut from a sport (quarter of their previous 4 year investment from Sport England) and yet Rugby Union, League, Tennis and Football are all still receiving significant sums even though they have there own revenue streams.
MP's to consider FA & may vote No Confidence on 17:09 - Feb 7 with 887 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

I'm going to make one more comment as I'm sat here a bit miffed with some recent meetings with Sport England and UKSport..

and I've said numerous times (on here as well) that if any football team paid any attention to the way British Cycling, British Swimming and British Rowing operated in terms of their Sport Science, Psychology, athlete transition processes and testing and confirmation methods, they could make immediate gains, simply by the way they efficiently use the money they are given

The sport I work for uses the same athlete tracking software as Manchester United. Needless to say they have 10 people working on it and overseeing, which is completely unnecessary. Football is lightyears behind in so many ways and I always feel a little embarrassed when I speak to academy staff at Football academies at how inept they are and operating in the same way as sport did back in the 90's. Not enough forward thinking people within Football and far too much resistance to trying something outside of the box*

*Pun intended
MP's to consider FA & may vote No Confidence on 17:14 - Feb 7 with 870 viewsbrogansnose

MP's to consider FA & may vote No Confidence on 17:00 - Feb 7 by King_of_Portman_Rd

It does rile me more than a little, given that I have worked in Sport for a number of years & the Sports Governing Bodies I've worked in have had to work tooth and nail to get any money from Sport England..
In fact a number of sports have had severe cuts in the last week leading to a lot of redundancies of former colleagues where 100k has been cut from a sport (quarter of their previous 4 year investment from Sport England) and yet Rugby Union, League, Tennis and Football are all still receiving significant sums even though they have there own revenue streams.

TBH, I was surprised to find the government splashing out that amount of money to football , which if it was well governed itself, should be able to subsidise those a lot lower down the food chain as should those others that you mention. Jeez, when you consider the cash rolling in from TV deals £30 M is small change.

Thanks for the info.
MP's to consider FA & may vote No Confidence on 19:02 - Feb 7 with 809 viewsbournemouthblue

MP's to consider FA & may vote No Confidence on 16:49 - Feb 7 by BlueBadger

Well, for starters, they're good for utterly jack sh1t when their entire front bench is utterly incompetent.

much like the opposite bench then

Theresa has managed to back herself into a corner with Trump, even the speaker has stuck up a middle finger to her

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

MP's to consider FA & may vote No Confidence on 19:25 - Feb 7 with 759 viewsBlueBadger

MP's to consider FA & may vote No Confidence on 19:02 - Feb 7 by bournemouthblue

much like the opposite bench then

Theresa has managed to back herself into a corner with Trump, even the speaker has stuck up a middle finger to her

Trouble is Fredders, the opposition make the government look vaguely competent.

MP's to consider FA & may vote No Confidence on 19:31 - Feb 7 with 748 viewsMelford

If the government try to meddle in the F.A.'s affairs we will be chucked out of FIFA. One of their big rules is any government cannot have a say over their countries' national football association.
http://www.fifa.com/about-fifa/news/y=2011/m=10/news=regenass-have-strong-princi

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024