Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It's valentines day so this seems appropriate conversation 16:52 - Feb 14 with 2452 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Is there a chance that the reason you are attracted to people personality wise actually becomes the downfall of relationships? I am just talking from some recent personal experience.

I only try and date hot women because I am shallow. However, even good looking ones obviously have completely different traits. Organized women that are so scheduled and have their life all planned out and together bore the hell out of me. I like independent, spontaneous, free spirited girls. As I consider that my kind of personality as well, for better or for worse. That is what makes it really fun at the start. However, if you end up falling for these girls four or so months down the line the reason you were attracted to them makes the relationship negative.

Even though I was never scared of this latest one being unfaithful, she liked to go out with her friends a lot, meet new friends, party at gigs that kind of stuff. Stuff that I like doing also but that is always going to be hard to tie down.However, the idea of meeting organized boring women however fit seems unappealing to me. I know most of you are boring computer geeks living in the sticks but let me know if you have any cool insight on this.

Is there a game tonight or something?

Up the town
It's valentines day so this seems appropriate conversation on 17:00 - Feb 14 with 2059 viewscaught-in-limbo

We can all be shallow.

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

It's valentines day so this seems appropriate conversation on 17:02 - Feb 14 with 2043 viewsGlasgowBlue

I'm more of a boobs man myself.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

It's valentines day so this seems appropriate conversation on 17:03 - Feb 14 with 2039 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

It's valentines day so this seems appropriate conversation on 17:02 - Feb 14 by GlasgowBlue

I'm more of a boobs man myself.

Oh don't worry they're not even in the conversation unless they're proper fit.
It's valentines day so this seems appropriate conversation on 17:04 - Feb 14 with 2033 viewsclive_baker

How embarrassing, you've logged into TWTD instead of Mumsnet. Hate it when I do that, so awkward.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

It's valentines day so this seems appropriate conversation on 17:06 - Feb 14 with 2016 viewsReuser_is_God

Was she a good shag?

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

It's valentines day so this seems appropriate conversation on 17:07 - Feb 14 with 2010 viewsJ2BLUE

There isn't a straight choice between those two. Find someone in between.

Personality is much more important to me than looks. Everyone looking for a girl wants a pretty girl but personality much more important IMO.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

It's valentines day so this seems appropriate conversation on 17:08 - Feb 14 with 1995 viewsReuser_is_God

It's valentines day so this seems appropriate conversation on 17:07 - Feb 14 by J2BLUE

Personality is much more important to me than looks. Everyone looking for a girl wants a pretty girl but personality much more important IMO.

You got a girlfriend J2?

Surely you can find a balance between the 2?
[Post edited 14 Feb 2017 17:10]

Evans out

It's valentines day so this seems appropriate conversation on 17:10 - Feb 14 with 1971 viewsJ2BLUE

It's valentines day so this seems appropriate conversation on 17:08 - Feb 14 by Reuser_is_God

You got a girlfriend J2?

Nah. I thought you had to post about it 37 times a week if you do?

Truly impaired.

Login to get fewer ads

It's valentines day so this seems appropriate conversation on 17:11 - Feb 14 with 1955 viewsReuser_is_God

It's valentines day so this seems appropriate conversation on 17:10 - Feb 14 by J2BLUE

Nah. I thought you had to post about it 37 times a week if you do?

I dunno, ask Rommy I mean Dolly.

Evans out

It's valentines day so this seems appropriate conversation on 17:13 - Feb 14 with 1929 viewsGlasgowBlue

It's valentines day so this seems appropriate conversation on 17:07 - Feb 14 by J2BLUE

"Personality is much more important to me than looks"

Don't be so bloody silly.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

It's valentines day so this seems appropriate conversation on 17:14 - Feb 14 with 1921 viewsReuser_is_God

It's valentines day so this seems appropriate conversation on 17:13 - Feb 14 by GlasgowBlue

"Personality is much more important to me than looks"

Don't be so bloody silly.

This.

No one likes a dog.

Evans out

It's valentines day so this seems appropriate conversation on 17:15 - Feb 14 with 1914 viewshoppy

It's valentines day so this seems appropriate conversation on 17:08 - Feb 14 by Reuser_is_God

You got a girlfriend J2?

Maybe they don't speak human...

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

It's valentines day so this seems appropriate conversation on 17:16 - Feb 14 with 1899 viewsRoyKeanesDog

It's valentines day so this seems appropriate conversation on 17:14 - Feb 14 by Reuser_is_God

This.

No one likes a dog.

Oi

Poll: Best Football Song

It's valentines day so this seems appropriate conversation on 17:20 - Feb 14 with 1870 viewsJ2BLUE

It's valentines day so this seems appropriate conversation on 17:15 - Feb 14 by hoppy

Maybe they don't speak human...

You must be an absolute stunner mate...

Truly impaired.

It's valentines day so this seems appropriate conversation on 17:24 - Feb 14 with 1851 viewstheblueginger

It's valentines day so this seems appropriate conversation on 17:11 - Feb 14 by Reuser_is_God

Ouch.
It's valentines day so this seems appropriate conversation on 17:44 - Feb 14 with 1795 viewsLord_Lucan

Love is blind and beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Having a bird that likes to stay at home and clean round the house is not a problem as long as they don't mind you going out all night and coming home messing it up again.

You seem to be in a hole JJJ. You are young, you have a very good job, you visit new cities and countries on a weekly basis, your company actually encourages you to go and get p1ssed with colleagues and clients.

Try staying single for a while and enjoy it.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

It's valentines day so this seems appropriate conversation on 17:53 - Feb 14 with 1757 viewshoppy

It's valentines day so this seems appropriate conversation on 17:20 - Feb 14 by J2BLUE

You must be an absolute stunner mate...

Haha... of course. KJ has done alright for herself, obviously...

[insert definite tongue in cheek smiley]

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

It's valentines day so this seems appropriate conversation on 18:00 - Feb 14 with 1690 viewstaximan

It's valentines day so this seems appropriate conversation on 17:06 - Feb 14 by Reuser_is_God

Was she a good shag?

"good" as in filthy ?
It's valentines day so this seems appropriate conversation on 18:02 - Feb 14 with 1677 viewsFixed_It

You are 100% right. About the shallow bit at least.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

It's valentines day so this seems appropriate conversation on 18:15 - Feb 14 with 1620 viewsNewcyBlue

It's valentines day so this seems appropriate conversation on 17:44 - Feb 14 by Lord_Lucan

Having a bird that likes to stay at home and clean round the house is not a problem as long as they don't mind you going out all night and coming home messing it up again.

You seem to be in a hole JJJ. You are young, you have a very good job, you visit new cities and countries on a weekly basis, your company actually encourages you to go and get p1ssed with colleagues and clients.

You mean Beauty is in the eye of the beerholder don't you?!

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

It's valentines day so this seems appropriate conversation on 18:16 - Feb 14 with 1615 viewsitfcjoe

I'd guess in your specific case - finding someone who is that much of a free spirit is going to most likely end pad but I wouldn't give up on that because of it.

I personally find (because of my personality) it's important for missus to be independent, but also to share similar interest - and allow me to do what I want to do. A tough balance to find, but worth the wait when you do.

Guess travelling about a lot doesn't really work without a more stay at home missus though or it becomes too much
[Post edited 14 Feb 2017 18:17]

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

It's valentines day so this seems appropriate conversation on 18:30 - Feb 14 with 1557 viewsDolly2.0

It's valentines day so this seems appropriate conversation on 17:11 - Feb 14 by Reuser_is_God

I don't post about the missus anymore than any one of the other million "missus X and I were doing this..." posts. It's just I didn't before and people picked up on it.

In answer to the OP, my missus is like the female version of me (minus the beard). Seems to work, that.

Luckily she has the looks as well as the daft childlike personality (I only have the second bit).

I think where you're going wrong is focusing on the hotness.

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

It's valentines day so this seems appropriate conversation on 18:40 - Feb 14 with 1514 viewsSwansea_Blue

It's valentines day so this seems appropriate conversation on 18:16 - Feb 14 by itfcjoe

I'd guess in your specific case - finding someone who is that much of a free spirit is going to most likely end pad but I wouldn't give up on that because of it.

I personally find (because of my personality) it's important for missus to be independent, but also to share similar interest - and allow me to do what I want to do. A tough balance to find, but worth the wait when you do.

Guess travelling about a lot doesn't really work without a more stay at home missus though or it becomes too much
[Post edited 14 Feb 2017 18:17]

A woman who will allow you to do what you want to do?

Sorry, don't mean to be rude. Carry on.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

It's valentines day so this seems appropriate conversation on 18:42 - Feb 14 with 1489 viewsCotty

It's valentines day so this seems appropriate conversation on 17:04 - Feb 14 by clive_baker

How embarrassing, you've logged into TWTD instead of Mumsnet. Hate it when I do that, so awkward.

ZING
It's valentines day so this seems appropriate conversation on 21:51 - Feb 14 with 1315 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

It's valentines day so this seems appropriate conversation on 17:44 - Feb 14 by Lord_Lucan

I am enjoying it but this one was the future, well I thought so anyway.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024