Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So - Florida is the new Nuremburg (n/t) 23:31 - Feb 18 with 2915 viewsfactual_blue

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

So - Florida is the new Nuremburg (n/t) on 23:43 - Feb 18 with 2096 viewsStokieBlue

You going to keep comparing everything to Nazi Germany until he's impeached?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

So - Florida is the new Nuremburg (n/t) on 23:45 - Feb 18 with 2078 viewsLuk38644

So - Florida is the new Nuremburg (n/t) on 23:43 - Feb 18 by StokieBlue

SB

He's so obsessed with 'Trumpsy-wumpsy', it's painful.
So - Florida is the new Nuremburg (n/t) on 00:14 - Feb 19 with 2037 viewsElderGrizzly

So - Florida is the new Nuremburg (n/t) on 23:45 - Feb 18 by Luk38644

Trump has got one thing right....

[Redacted] on 00:28 - Feb 19 with 2010 viewsvictorywilhappen

[Redacted]
[Redacted] on 00:29 - Feb 19 with 1997 viewsvictorywilhappen

SB

[Redacted]
[Redacted] on 00:31 - Feb 19 with 1981 viewsvictorywilhappen

[Redacted]
So - Florida is the new Nuremburg (n/t) on 00:39 - Feb 19 with 1977 viewsLuk38644

So - Florida is the new Nuremburg (n/t) on 00:14 - Feb 19 by ElderGrizzly

Trump has got one thing right....

Trump to replace Mick in the summer?
So - Florida is the new Nuremburg (n/t) on 00:39 - Feb 19 with 1979 viewsElderGrizzly

[Redacted] on 00:31 - Feb 19 by victorywilhappen

[Redacted]

Luke likes Trump, because Farage likes Trump i assume.

He's just spent 90 minutes lieing to the US public again. (Trump, not Luke)

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/feb/18/donald-trump-attacks-press-disho

This is a horrifying watch

https://www.theguardian.com/global/video/2017/feb/18/donald-trump-first-month-of
Login to get fewer ads

So - Florida is the new Nuremburg (n/t) on 00:40 - Feb 19 with 1971 viewsElderGrizzly

So - Florida is the new Nuremburg (n/t) on 00:39 - Feb 19 by Luk38644

Trump to replace Mick in the summer?

We'd have a team full of White Englishmen of course...
So - Florida is the new Nuremburg (n/t) on 01:00 - Feb 19 with 1946 viewsfactual_blue

[Redacted] on 00:28 - Feb 19 by victorywilhappen

[Redacted]

I read on the BBC website about his rally in Florida.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-39018096

It struck me as an exercise in rampant demagoguery of a type not seen for eighty years.

It's appalling - and frightening the way he appears to be extending or transforming 'fake news' to include well-established and fundamentally honest organisations like the main US news networks and even the BBC.

Some strategist of his was on the telly the other night, and to all intents and purposes said that they see twitter as a medium they intend to use and exploit ruthlessly to their own ends; to communicate directly with the electorate without the 'fake news' organisations. What they clearly mean is they have no intention of submitting to the scrutiny of the press.

On the plus side, he's an incompetent and risible trumpy-wumpy buffoon who has the potential to keep me amused for as long as he doesn't get bored with being president.

So - Florida is the new Nuremburg (n/t) on 02:21 - Feb 19 with 1885 viewsBlueBadger

SB

Well, I don't know about anyone else, but I can't see any parallels between a man who came to power pledging to make his country great again whilst demonising religious, social and ethnic minorities and Adolf Hitler.
[Post edited 19 Feb 2017 2:30]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

So - Florida is the new Nuremburg (n/t) on 02:22 - Feb 19 with 1881 viewsLuk38644

So - Florida is the new Nuremburg (n/t) on 00:39 - Feb 19 by ElderGrizzly

Luke likes Trump, because Farage likes Trump i assume.

He's just spent 90 minutes lieing to the US public again. (Trump, not Luke)

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/feb/18/donald-trump-attacks-press-disho

This is a horrifying watch

https://www.theguardian.com/global/video/2017/feb/18/donald-trump-first-month-of

Nah I wouldn't say I like Trump, just don't despise him like most others seem to. Still think Farage was a bit silly for going and endorsing him but it's put Nigel in a very powerful position so fair play to him and to Trump for winning the election.

I just leave the Yanks to themselves when it comes to politics, we all know they're mad, don't know why we expect any less from them!
So - Florida is the new Nuremburg (n/t) on 02:28 - Feb 19 with 1876 viewsBlueBadger

So - Florida is the new Nuremburg (n/t) on 02:22 - Feb 19 by Luk38644

Nah I wouldn't say I like Trump, just don't despise him like most others seem to. Still think Farage was a bit silly for going and endorsing him but it's put Nigel in a very powerful position so fair play to him and to Trump for winning the election.

I just leave the Yanks to themselves when it comes to politics, we all know they're mad, don't know why we expect any less from them!

If 'well, he's helped Chairman 'I hang around with actual paid up nazis' Nige's career' is the only redeeming feature for Donald 'I employ actual paid up nazis' Drumpf...

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

So - Florida is the new Nuremburg (n/t) on 02:32 - Feb 19 with 1857 viewsBlueBadger

Frankly, if you don't find the unfolding events in the US utterly f*cking terrifying(and let's not forget, that once Trump gets assassinated then Religious Fanatic pence and Actual Paid Up Nazi Bannon are still alive) then you're probably not paying attention.

Bloody hell.

Look what you people have done to me, you're making think like CiL.

So - Florida is the new Nuremburg (n/t) on 03:01 - Feb 19 with 1827 viewsLuk38644

So - Florida is the new Nuremburg (n/t) on 02:32 - Feb 19 by BlueBadger

Frankly, if you don't find the unfolding events in the US utterly f*cking terrifying(and let's not forget, that once Trump gets assassinated then Religious Fanatic pence and Actual Paid Up Nazi Bannon are still alive) then you're probably not paying attention.

Bloody hell.

Look what you people have done to me, you're making think like CiL.

I'm paying attention but what good is us sitting here sh*tting our pants going to do? The Yanks elected him on the back of ALOT of promises, time for him to sink or swim.
So - Florida is the new Nuremburg (n/t) on 03:04 - Feb 19 with 1827 viewsBlueBadger

So - Florida is the new Nuremburg (n/t) on 03:01 - Feb 19 by Luk38644

I'm paying attention but what good is us sitting here sh*tting our pants going to do? The Yanks elected him on the back of ALOT of promises, time for him to sink or swim.

Well, our prime minister appear hell-bent on tying herself to him for starters, plus, he's a dangerous stupid, mind blowingly bigoted individual with his finger on the nuclear button who appears hell bent on alienating large parts of the world's population of rio loll motivation other than 'they might be a but brown'. I can't possibly see nothing to be worried about.

So - Florida is the new Nuremburg (n/t) on 03:08 - Feb 19 with 1822 viewsLuk38644

So - Florida is the new Nuremburg (n/t) on 03:04 - Feb 19 by BlueBadger

Well, our prime minister appear hell-bent on tying herself to him for starters, plus, he's a dangerous stupid, mind blowingly bigoted individual with his finger on the nuclear button who appears hell bent on alienating large parts of the world's population of rio loll motivation other than 'they might be a but brown'. I can't possibly see nothing to be worried about.

I'm not saying there isn't stuff to be worried about, I'm just saying that I'm not sitting here worrying about it. The Yanks have always been a bit batsh*t mental when it comes to politics and this was there choice.

As for May, surely no-one expected her to turn her back on our greatest ally and second biggest trade partner in the midst of Brexit?
So - Florida is the new Nuremburg (n/t) on 03:10 - Feb 19 with 1822 viewsBlueBadger

So - Florida is the new Nuremburg (n/t) on 03:04 - Feb 19 by BlueBadger

Plus. I'll say this again - Trump has actively sought to employ actual paid up nazis, notably Steve Bannon, into his employ. By definition anyone with as big military arsenal as the US placing someone as deeply, deeply vile as Actual Paid Up Nazi Bannon into a position of power is not good news for anyone defined by him as A Bit Wrong, Foreign, Mildly Dusky or Having some Kind Of Vague Empathy For Their Fellow humans Even If They Happen To Be Gay, Women or Noticeably Foreign.
[Post edited 19 Feb 2017 9:57]

So - Florida is the new Nuremburg (n/t) on 03:12 - Feb 19 with 1827 viewsBlueBadger

So - Florida is the new Nuremburg (n/t) on 03:08 - Feb 19 by Luk38644

I'm not saying there isn't stuff to be worried about, I'm just saying that I'm not sitting here worrying about it. The Yanks have always been a bit batsh*t mental when it comes to politics and this was there choice.

As for May, surely no-one expected her to turn her back on our greatest ally and second biggest trade partner in the midst of Brexit?

I'd really rather hoped that she wouldn't be so utterly craven in the face of someone so irredeemably vile.
and from a pragmatic point of view, I rather suspect that the ultra-free-market-based Trump administration is likely to ask for TTIIP-on-speed as part of any trade agreement. That will be utterly, utterly disastrous for public service across the country and that's before we get into Trump's deeply xenophobic policy base. Anyone actively tying themselves to him will be painting a bullseye on themselves for extremist loons of all sorts of flavours, much like Blair did before her.

[Post edited 19 Feb 2017 3:27]

So - Florida is the new Nuremburg (n/t) on 07:44 - Feb 19 with 1688 viewspowinswitch

I think everything is bipolar now. You are either Mick in or Mick Out. You are either remain or leave, pro Trump, or anti. People are intolerant, unable to analyse both sides of an argument, or listen to another opinion.

For me Trump is like an immature teenager in his communications. But I have an understanding of some of his policies. I can see that it would be better to live in a world where the USA and Russia tried to get along. I can also see why he would be targeting companies that take their manufacturing abroad, because the labour is cheaper elsewhere, then want to bring the goods in without tariffs. Of course globalisation works for emerging economies, but it isn't proving a great thing for working class people in mature economies.

The press thing is worrying. But my belief that he is behaving so poorly towards the press, is that he can see that they do have N agenda against him. So the result is that he has now acted the way he is. It's tit for tat. Not good. For anybody.

My final thought for now, is the difference in the reporting between a statesman, a real statesman like Obama, and Trump. The latter is rightly criticised by the press for the fake news stuff. Both the fake news he is peddling and when he erroneously claims that they are reporting fake news about him. But Obama got a reasonably free ride. For me his telling our country, in a calculated attempt to affect our most important vote for many decades, that we would be at the back of the queue for a trade agreement, well he could not go any lower. No country, has ever stood should to shoulder with the States as we have. Almost lapdog like at times. And that's how a statesman treated us. The whole lot of them are only interested in their own self interest. Tossers all of em.
So - Florida is the new Nuremburg (n/t) on 08:05 - Feb 19 with 1621 viewsSteve_M

It's so reassuring that he's so desperate for adulation having clearly spent his life with people's heads up his arse.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

So - Florida is the new Nuremburg (n/t) on 08:41 - Feb 19 with 1542 viewsStokieBlue

So - Florida is the new Nuremburg (n/t) on 02:21 - Feb 19 by BlueBadger

Well, I don't know about anyone else, but I can't see any parallels between a man who came to power pledging to make his country great again whilst demonising religious, social and ethnic minorities and Adolf Hitler.
[Post edited 19 Feb 2017 2:30]

The same parallels can be drawn in Russia (non-Caucasians and homosexuals) and the same behaviour can be seen in China and many other countries (persecution of Uighers) yet nobody compares them to Hitler.

Now don't get me wrong, Trump is a repugnant individual and shouldn't be anywhere near that level of power. However he's also not Hitler, he hasn't and won't start a war across the entire globe or build a national infrastructure to exterminate groups he doesn't like.

It's a terrible example of Godwins law that lots of people seem to think is acceptable. Trump is Trump and the way things are going that is bad enough. I feel that comparing him to Hitler or the Nazi's of the 1930/1940's in some devalues the awful acts that many people were subject to in those dark days.

It's lazy, fight against Trump by ridiculing and dissecting the things he has done, not by comparing him to one of the most horrible regimes in history when the actual deeds undertaken are not comparable.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

So - Florida is the new Nuremburg (n/t) on 09:09 - Feb 19 with 1496 viewsWD19

So - Florida is the new Nuremburg (n/t) on 00:40 - Feb 19 by ElderGrizzly

We'd have a team full of White Englishmen of course...

Apart from his wife, who would play instead of Lawrence because she is a better footballer than him and anybody who says otherwise has an agenda.
So - Florida is the new Nuremburg (n/t) on 09:13 - Feb 19 with 1482 viewsfactual_blue

So - Florida is the new Nuremburg (n/t) on 07:44 - Feb 19 by powinswitch

I think everything is bipolar now. You are either Mick in or Mick Out. You are either remain or leave, pro Trump, or anti. People are intolerant, unable to analyse both sides of an argument, or listen to another opinion.

For me Trump is like an immature teenager in his communications. But I have an understanding of some of his policies. I can see that it would be better to live in a world where the USA and Russia tried to get along. I can also see why he would be targeting companies that take their manufacturing abroad, because the labour is cheaper elsewhere, then want to bring the goods in without tariffs. Of course globalisation works for emerging economies, but it isn't proving a great thing for working class people in mature economies.

The press thing is worrying. But my belief that he is behaving so poorly towards the press, is that he can see that they do have N agenda against him. So the result is that he has now acted the way he is. It's tit for tat. Not good. For anybody.

My final thought for now, is the difference in the reporting between a statesman, a real statesman like Obama, and Trump. The latter is rightly criticised by the press for the fake news stuff. Both the fake news he is peddling and when he erroneously claims that they are reporting fake news about him. But Obama got a reasonably free ride. For me his telling our country, in a calculated attempt to affect our most important vote for many decades, that we would be at the back of the queue for a trade agreement, well he could not go any lower. No country, has ever stood should to shoulder with the States as we have. Almost lapdog like at times. And that's how a statesman treated us. The whole lot of them are only interested in their own self interest. Tossers all of em.

On the 'special relationship', I've just finished reading Anthony Beevor's book Ardennes 1944. That shows - although as a military historian Beevor doesn't really bring it out - how that campaign affected the relationship between the US and Britain.

The whole NW Europe campaign was dogged by friction in Allied high command, primarily dominated by Montgomery. He thought he was the best general in the world which, for the sort of campaign that was being fought, he certainly wasn't. When given his head at Arnhem, it went hideously wrong.

He used the German attack in the Ardennes in 1944 as a further attempt to increase his power. For operational reasons he did get increased responsibilities during that campaign, but by the end of it his incessant self-aggrandisement had finally worn the ever-patient Eisenhower down. The British were sidelined for the rest of the war.

Eleven years later all this had serious repercussions. Eisenhower was President at the time of Suez and one of the main reasons why the US didn't support the Anglo-French action was because of Montgomery's behaviour. He simply no longer trusted the British military after December 1944.

So - Florida is the new Nuremburg (n/t) on 09:15 - Feb 19 with 1465 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Stop worrying.......he's got God on his side........it'll be fine !!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024