Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A question about the ITFC supporters' trust 09:56 - Mar 27 with 6244 viewsSomethingBlue

Firstly, this is not intending to criticise anyone — demands on people's time change over the years, for example, and there may be something fundamental I am missing beside that.

I note that the website of Ipswich Town First has not been updated for nearly two years. To me it seems that, at a time when the club faces considerable uncertainty in pretty much every area, the trust should be active or at least looking to revive. I'm not suggesting grand visions of taking the club over or suchlike — nice to dream but at this moment impossible — but more manageable targets such as engagement and holding the club to account in a persistent, coherent way. With most supporters of the same mind about ITFC's ownership and attitude at the moment, and the club in quite serious danger of continued slow decline, I think the trust should be taking the opportunity to focus on the first, third, fourth and fifth of the below points in particular:

https://ipswichtownfirst.wordpress.com/aims-and-objectives/

This thought partly arises because I spent some time at the weekend with members of the trust at another club that could broadly be described as having similar issues: slow drift away of fanbase, minimal investment, disengaged ownership. The dynamism and vision of these people — who know what a long road they're on — struck me: I wondered whether the same was happening around Town and, if not, why it shouldn't be.

Again, I might be missing something obvious. But is it not time there was something people had the opportunity to unite behind?

[Post edited 27 Mar 2017 13:30]

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

A question about the ITFC supporters' trust on 10:08 - Mar 27 with 3587 viewsSteve_M

Certainly there was an attempt to relaunch it two or three years back but I suspect that a relatively successful team probably didn't make it seem as urgent as the original incarnation back in 2003. That, of course, became something of a one-trick offering seemingly concerned only with trying to get a fan on the board.

Despite a few recent murmurings, the Supporters Trust seems afflicted with the same sense of drift and apathy as the rest of the club. The last e-mail I can see if dated April 2014 and I thought I had signed up with Direct Debit so it should have renewed.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

A question about the ITFC supporters' trust on 10:12 - Mar 27 with 3572 viewsSomethingBlue

A question about the ITFC supporters' trust on 10:08 - Mar 27 by Steve_M

Certainly there was an attempt to relaunch it two or three years back but I suspect that a relatively successful team probably didn't make it seem as urgent as the original incarnation back in 2003. That, of course, became something of a one-trick offering seemingly concerned only with trying to get a fan on the board.

Despite a few recent murmurings, the Supporters Trust seems afflicted with the same sense of drift and apathy as the rest of the club. The last e-mail I can see if dated April 2014 and I thought I had signed up with Direct Debit so it should have renewed.

So, hold on, they're still taking money from members? I don't want to get derailed by that in particular, but it does mean some activity should be expected. And I think now is the time, if there's ever been a time.

A question about the ITFC supporters' trust on 10:13 - Mar 27 with 3540 viewsSteve_M

A question about the ITFC supporters' trust on 10:12 - Mar 27 by SomethingBlue

So, hold on, they're still taking money from members? I don't want to get derailed by that in particular, but it does mean some activity should be expected. And I think now is the time, if there's ever been a time.

I'll check my bank on that one when it's a bit quieter.

A question about the ITFC supporters' trust on 10:19 - Mar 27 with 3506 viewsSomethingBlue

A question about the ITFC supporters' trust on 10:13 - Mar 27 by Steve_M

I'll check my bank on that one when it's a bit quieter.

Cool. That's not the most important question obviously. Another would be: why don't they have a Twitter account or broader online presence? It works at other clubs; I don't think anyone would expect such a body to change the world but I think at this time it can do something really important.

A question about the ITFC supporters' trust on 10:22 - Mar 27 with 3491 viewsSteve_M

A question about the ITFC supporters' trust on 10:19 - Mar 27 by SomethingBlue

Cool. That's not the most important question obviously. Another would be: why don't they have a Twitter account or broader online presence? It works at other clubs; I don't think anyone would expect such a body to change the world but I think at this time it can do something really important.

There is a Twitter account, two retweets since last Summer.

https://twitter.com/ITFCtrust

A question about the ITFC supporters' trust on 10:38 - Mar 27 with 3457 viewsReuser_is_God

Agreed, it's time like this that they should be very active.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

A question about the ITFC supporters' trust on 10:42 - Mar 27 with 3441 viewsSomethingBlue

A question about the ITFC supporters' trust on 10:22 - Mar 27 by Steve_M

There is a Twitter account, two retweets since last Summer.

https://twitter.com/ITFCtrust

My mistake (although not really — as it still needs to be much, much more active as you imply).

A question about the ITFC supporters' trust on 11:15 - Mar 27 with 3393 viewsLord_Lucan

Just looking at the board details. They have Alasdair Ross as Chair, now I am fairly sure I used to go to the odd away game with him when I was about 15, he used to run Dribble at some point, if it's the same bloke, short with black hair. He always seemed ok.

Joe Fairs as Vice Chair? Joe, is that you??

Carl "Crusher" Day on the board; Need I say more!

There was a bit of a hoo ha on here two or three years back about the lack of activity and payments still being taken.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Login to get fewer ads

A question about the ITFC supporters' trust on 11:23 - Mar 27 with 3364 viewsIpswichKnight

Seems Turnstile Blues are much more active in dealing with the season ticket fiasco and if you look at the twitter feeds of both seems to be a bit of a crossover on the names.
A question about the ITFC supporters' trust on 11:25 - Mar 27 with 3343 viewsSomethingBlue

A question about the ITFC supporters' trust on 11:23 - Mar 27 by IpswichKnight

Seems Turnstile Blues are much more active in dealing with the season ticket fiasco and if you look at the twitter feeds of both seems to be a bit of a crossover on the names.

Which is great — but I think something more coherent and, perhaps, professional would be a big benefit now. It's time.
[Post edited 27 Mar 2017 11:26]

A question about the ITFC supporters' trust on 11:31 - Mar 27 with 3302 viewsBlueLikeJazz

You're not wrong, but unfortunately it was badly run from the off by people who wanted to use it just to further their own agendas, and in the process drove off a lot of people who to be frank, they really needed.

Seems like the good people who were involved are now putting their efforts into Turnstile Blues...
[Post edited 27 Mar 2017 11:32]
A question about the ITFC supporters' trust on 11:36 - Mar 27 with 3275 viewsSomethingBlue

A question about the ITFC supporters' trust on 11:31 - Mar 27 by BlueLikeJazz

You're not wrong, but unfortunately it was badly run from the off by people who wanted to use it just to further their own agendas, and in the process drove off a lot of people who to be frank, they really needed.

Seems like the good people who were involved are now putting their efforts into Turnstile Blues...

Then it needs freshening up by people with vision, ambition and intelligence. There are a lot of things it can be doing — doesn't have to have some grand endgame of fan ownership or whatever, at least in the current climate. Strikes me that some of those involved might usefully offer an opportunity to people with a few more ideas. Turnstile Blues do a good job, loads of time for them — but they have rough edges and I think something different is needed to really engage people and challenge the club effectively.
[Post edited 27 Mar 2017 11:37]

A question about the ITFC supporters' trust on 11:39 - Mar 27 with 3258 viewschicoazul

A question about the ITFC supporters' trust on 11:25 - Mar 27 by SomethingBlue

Which is great — but I think something more coherent and, perhaps, professional would be a big benefit now. It's time.
[Post edited 27 Mar 2017 11:26]

I hate to be "that bloke" but what you are saying is that they need someone with a good knowledge of football social media Ipswich Town professional communications and how the media works and I think I know the man for the job and so do you.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

A question about the ITFC supporters' trust on 11:51 - Mar 27 with 3195 viewsSomethingBlue

A question about the ITFC supporters' trust on 11:39 - Mar 27 by chicoazul

I hate to be "that bloke" but what you are saying is that they need someone with a good knowledge of football social media Ipswich Town professional communications and how the media works and I think I know the man for the job and so do you.

I'm not pitching on anyone's behalf, definitely not — but I think it is time for a proper discussion about what a group of this nature should be doing, both for the fans and for the club, and how it could be achieved. It's yet another area where other clubs (/their fans) are doing far better than Town and this time it is something we really can affect.

A question about the ITFC supporters' trust on 11:58 - Mar 27 with 3169 viewsBlueLikeJazz

A question about the ITFC supporters' trust on 11:36 - Mar 27 by SomethingBlue

Then it needs freshening up by people with vision, ambition and intelligence. There are a lot of things it can be doing — doesn't have to have some grand endgame of fan ownership or whatever, at least in the current climate. Strikes me that some of those involved might usefully offer an opportunity to people with a few more ideas. Turnstile Blues do a good job, loads of time for them — but they have rough edges and I think something different is needed to really engage people and challenge the club effectively.
[Post edited 27 Mar 2017 11:37]

I absolutely agree with you, but those people are exactly the ones who were alienated by the 'management' when it was set up, and they don;t seem as if they have a clue about what the issues ARE, never mind what they need to do to put that right..
[Post edited 27 Mar 2017 11:59]
A question about the ITFC supporters' trust on 12:23 - Mar 27 with 3061 viewsSomethingBlue

A question about the ITFC supporters' trust on 11:58 - Mar 27 by BlueLikeJazz

I absolutely agree with you, but those people are exactly the ones who were alienated by the 'management' when it was set up, and they don;t seem as if they have a clue about what the issues ARE, never mind what they need to do to put that right..
[Post edited 27 Mar 2017 11:59]

Yep - I think it is time to ask how those people, and/or people like them, can be re-engaged.

As I have said, there may be fine justification for the current lack of activity - but I wonder what Supporters Direct's view would be on one of their affiliates being this inert without good reason ...

A question about the ITFC supporters' trust on 12:59 - Mar 27 with 2980 viewsCaptainObvious

A question about the ITFC supporters' trust on 11:39 - Mar 27 by chicoazul

not sure megaphone man is interested though.

i.p. verification result : "not blueas"
Poll: Garner or Pitman?

A question about the ITFC supporters' trust on 12:59 - Mar 27 with 2974 viewschicoazul

A question about the ITFC supporters' trust on 11:51 - Mar 27 by SomethingBlue

I'm not pitching on anyone's behalf, definitely not — but I think it is time for a proper discussion about what a group of this nature should be doing, both for the fans and for the club, and how it could be achieved. It's yet another area where other clubs (/their fans) are doing far better than Town and this time it is something we really can affect.

Get on with it then luv. We'll all be behind you.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

A question about the ITFC supporters' trust on 13:08 - Mar 27 with 2936 viewssoupytwist

Someone I follow on Twitter (who is in with the Turnstile Blues crowd) tweeted earlier this month exhorting people to get involved with the Trust. In fact, person concerned is one of the Trust committee.

I thought that might be the start of the TB crowd trying to rejuvenate the Trust but nothing has emerged in public since.
A question about the ITFC supporters' trust on 13:17 - Mar 27 with 2912 viewsitfcjoe

As another poster has pointed out, I am on the Trust board, so here are a few of my thoughts - note these are mine and not the Trust's and I am not speaking on their behalf in anyway.

Season ticket renewals
The Trust should have made a statement about his, one is being passed around with a view to being released. But agree that this has been too slow - for a vareity of reasons.

Trust in general
It's hard to get people excited about a Trust as it is only really needed when things are going badly. The Trust has done a few good things - the initial share issue, the Category 1 academy petition, declaring PR as an Asset of Community value, etc.

But it's hard to have any impact when club is going well, the last thing we really did was to do with the opt-in/opt-out academy sponsorship, and in reality the main thing that has gone wrong since then has been the performance on the pitch which no one is in a position to do anything about.

There is a clear crossover between the Trust board, and those who run Turnstile Blues - and it isn't hard to see which one has been more of a success over last 2 years.

I agree Trust needs new drive and new blood - but unsure how at the moment but is something I am in discussions about.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

A question about the ITFC supporters' trust on 13:17 - Mar 27 with 2908 viewsSteve_M

A question about the ITFC supporters' trust on 11:31 - Mar 27 by BlueLikeJazz

There was an attempt to reboot the Trust in 2014, I rejoined it then but there hasn't been a great deal happen since the 2014-15 season that I can see.

The Standing Order I set up then is still in place, so no doubt the same applies to others too.

A question about the ITFC supporters' trust on 13:18 - Mar 27 with 2900 viewsPinewoodblue

A question about the ITFC supporters' trust on 10:08 - Mar 27 by Steve_M

Pretty sure it is a standing order, not a direct debit, will check bank ststements later. Just checked emsils and had nothing from Trust for three years.

Sent them a three word email "You still alive?" Wonder if will get a reply.

on the subject of payments have a feeling thst the amount I'm paying is actually more thsn the annual fee think they reduced it but not refunded anything to me.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

A question about the ITFC supporters' trust on 13:20 - Mar 27 with 2851 viewsSteve_M

A question about the ITFC supporters' trust on 13:18 - Mar 27 by Pinewoodblue

Pretty sure it is a standing order, not a direct debit, will check bank ststements later. Just checked emsils and had nothing from Trust for three years.

Sent them a three word email "You still alive?" Wonder if will get a reply.

on the subject of payments have a feeling thst the amount I'm paying is actually more thsn the annual fee think they reduced it but not refunded anything to me.

Well, similarly:

A question about the ITFC supporters' trust on 13:22 - Mar 27 with 2840 viewsIpswichKnight

That is starting to sound a bit dodgy to me if you've been giving money for nothing in return where is it going and what is it doing? Not since the administration have we needed a voice to represent the fans.

Perhaps Phil can shed some light on what has happened to the trust?
A question about the ITFC supporters' trust on 13:25 - Mar 27 with 2804 viewsSteve_M

A question about the ITFC supporters' trust on 13:22 - Mar 27 by IpswichKnight

That is starting to sound a bit dodgy to me if you've been giving money for nothing in return where is it going and what is it doing? Not since the administration have we needed a voice to represent the fans.

Perhaps Phil can shed some light on what has happened to the trust?

I'm not sure it's necessarily dodgy but certainly whatever good intentions there were three years ago haven't been followed through very well for assorted reasons.

I'll update if I get a response to my tweet.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024