Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Diane Abbotts Interview on LBC this morning.. 10:12 - May 2 with 8770 viewshype313

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Diane Abbotts Interview on LBC this morning.. on 10:17 - May 2 with 3353 viewsGeoffSentence

I heard her radio 4 interview, it was OK, not brilliant but not a train crash. What was so bad about the LBC one?

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Diane Abbotts Interview on LBC this morning.. on 10:18 - May 2 with 3348 viewsSwansea_Blue

I heard her on R4. Vague and patronising springs to mind. They haven't worked out what they're doing yet - if I was them I'd lay low until the details of the manifesto have been hammered out. I expect this is exactly as Maybot had hoped things would play out by taking them off guard and calling the snap election.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Diane Abbotts Interview on LBC this morning.. on 10:19 - May 2 with 3336 viewsSwansea_Blue

Diane Abbotts Interview on LBC this morning.. on 10:17 - May 2 by GeoffSentence

I heard her radio 4 interview, it was OK, not brilliant but not a train crash. What was so bad about the LBC one?

Fair assessment. Personality aside she didn't say anything horrendous, but then she didn't really defend the question over funding either.

Diane Abbotts Interview on LBC this morning.. on 10:21 - May 2 with 3324 viewshype313

10,0000 extra police will cost £300k

Diane Abbotts Interview on LBC this morning.. on 10:22 - May 2 with 3324 viewslowhouseblue

I posted it earlier:

https://order-order.com/2017/05/02/diane-abbott-police-numbers-car-crash/

horrendous.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Diane Abbotts Interview on LBC this morning.. on 10:23 - May 2 with 3317 viewsSwansea_Blue

Diane Abbotts Interview on LBC this morning.. on 10:21 - May 2 by hype313

Bargain!

Diane Abbotts Interview on LBC this morning.. on 10:25 - May 2 with 3303 viewsGeoffSentence

Diane Abbotts Interview on LBC this morning.. on 10:19 - May 2 by Swansea_Blue

Fair assessment. Personality aside she didn't say anything horrendous, but then she didn't really defend the question over funding either.

The question of how many commitments were being funded by the reversal of the CGT cuts? She kind of did, she said that previously they had said that reversing that cut could be used to fund spending and now they are making specific commitments, that it will be used to pay for a lot of bobbies on the beat.

So she batted away the accusation that they had promised to use it again and again and now were giving their actual manifesto commitments.

Diane Abbotts Interview on LBC this morning.. on 10:30 - May 2 with 3284 viewsGeoffSentence

Diane Abbotts Interview on LBC this morning.. on 10:22 - May 2 by lowhouseblue

I posted it earlier:

horrendous.

Haha, the 300k/ 80M thing is quite funny, she obviously wasn't properly prepared there.

Login to get fewer ads

Diane Abbotts Interview on LBC this morning.. on 10:32 - May 2 with 3267 viewsSWGF

I posted it earlier:

horrendous.

Eurgh...you can actually sense her writing it down to work it out and then making it up on the hoof.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Diane Abbotts Interview on LBC this morning.. on 10:33 - May 2 with 3262 viewsSWGF

I'm thinking about getting half a dozen myself.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?

Diane Abbotts Interview on LBC this morning.. on 10:40 - May 2 with 3229 viewsconnorscontract

I posted it earlier:

horrendous.

I like the way she says " C O O O O O S S S S S T T T T T " with extra emphasis to buy thinking time.

And the sound effects of rustling paper as her minion passed her their calculations: almost BBC Radiophonic workshop quality.

But the real question is:

Who should be sacked? The experienced politician or the intern who failed to fully cost a new policy correctly at 3 seconds notice?

So, dear electorate, your choice is between a car-crash Prime Minister and a train crash Opposition. May is proving herself to be not quite up to the job of Brexit negotiations, but then Corbyn has proved himself not quite up to the job of picking and motivating and retaining a decent team to do the job.

I never tbought I would say this, but I'd have John Major back in a heart-beat, right now.
Diane Abbotts Interview on LBC this morning.. on 10:44 - May 2 with 3213 viewsLord_Lucan

It went from 10,000 to 250,000 policemen and started at £8k per copper per year.

I genuinely can't understand how these people get in such a position of power.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Diane Abbotts Interview on LBC this morning.. on 10:46 - May 2 with 3198 viewsSwansea_Blue

Diane Abbotts Interview on LBC this morning.. on 10:40 - May 2 by connorscontract

I like the way she says " C O O O O O S S S S S T T T T T " with extra emphasis to buy thinking time.

And the sound effects of rustling paper as her minion passed her their calculations: almost BBC Radiophonic workshop quality.

Who should be sacked? The experienced politician or the intern who failed to fully cost a new policy correctly at 3 seconds notice?

So, dear electorate, your choice is between a car-crash Prime Minister and a train crash Opposition. May is proving herself to be not quite up to the job of Brexit negotiations, but then Corbyn has proved himself not quite up to the job of picking and motivating and retaining a decent team to do the job.

I never tbought I would say this, but I'd have John Major back in a heart-beat, right now.

RIP Screaming Lord Sutch

I suspect comments above on a low turnout will be fairly close to the mark

Diane Abbotts Interview on LBC this morning.. on 10:50 - May 2 with 3181 viewsSwansea_Blue

Diane Abbotts Interview on LBC this morning.. on 10:44 - May 2 by Lord_Lucan

It went from 10,000 to 250,000 policemen and started at £8k per copper per year.

How? I wonder...

I'm assuming Abbot is grounded in Oxbridge despite her best attempts to hide any academic brightness.

Edit, that's not jealousy before anyone suggests, because I'd rather we had well-educated and in theory intelligent politicians, but connections certainly seem to play a bigger role than anything else.
[Post edited 2 May 2017 10:52]

Diane Abbotts Interview on LBC this morning.. on 10:53 - May 2 with 3162 viewsSWGF

Diane Abbotts Interview on LBC this morning.. on 10:44 - May 2 by Lord_Lucan

I liked this bit, around 2m 40secs:

DA: "We anticipate recruiting 250,000 policemen"
Interviewer: "You're recruiting 250,000?"
DA: "No, we're recruiting 2,250"
I: "So where did 250,000 come from?"
DA: "I think you said that, not me"

Brilliant. Absolutely bloody brilliant.

Diane Abbotts Interview on LBC this morning.. on 10:53 - May 2 with 3154 viewsGeoffSentence

Diane Abbotts Interview on LBC this morning.. on 10:50 - May 2 by Swansea_Blue

How? I wonder...

I'm assuming Abbot is grounded in Oxbridge despite her best attempts to hide any academic brightness.

Edit, that's not jealousy before anyone suggests, because I'd rather we had well-educated and in theory intelligent politicians, but connections certainly seem to play a bigger role than anything else.
[Post edited 2 May 2017 10:52]

She went to Cambridge.

Diane Abbotts Interview on LBC this morning.. on 10:56 - May 2 with 3144 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Abbotts is the result of positive discrimination.
Diane Abbotts Interview on LBC this morning.. on 10:56 - May 2 with 3138 viewsPilgrimblue

Diane Abbotts Interview on LBC this morning.. on 10:40 - May 2 by connorscontract

so would Edwina!
Diane Abbotts Interview on LBC this morning.. on 11:03 - May 2 with 3118 viewshype313

Diane Abbotts Interview on LBC this morning.. on 10:53 - May 2 by SWGF

I liked this bit, around 2m 40secs:

DA: "We anticipate recruiting 250,000 policemen"
Interviewer: "You're recruiting 250,000?"
DA: "No, we're recruiting 2,250"
I: "So where did 250,000 come from?"
DA: "I think you said that, not me"

Brilliant. Absolutely bloody brilliant.

Absolute shambles of an interview, that sums up Labours campaign in one hit.

Diane Abbotts Interview on LBC this morning.. on 11:08 - May 2 with 3089 viewsStokieBlue

Diane Abbotts Interview on LBC this morning.. on 11:03 - May 2 by hype313

Absolute shambles of an interview, that sums up Labours campaign in one hit.

An appalling politician and it's totally ridiculous that JC thinks she is suitable for home secretary.

It seriously calls his judgement into question.

Worst of all she's my MP.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Diane Abbotts Interview on LBC this morning.. on 11:09 - May 2 with 3083 viewsSteve_M

Diane Abbotts Interview on LBC this morning.. on 11:08 - May 2 by StokieBlue

An appalling politician and it's totally ridiculous that JC thinks she is suitable for home secretary.

SB

So, at least you can vote her out. Oh...

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Diane Abbotts Interview on LBC this morning.. on 11:10 - May 2 with 3074 viewsSteve_M

There might be a Part 2. One way to get the audience figures up:

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Diane Abbotts Interview on LBC this morning.. on 11:12 - May 2 with 3065 viewsStokieBlue

Diane Abbotts Interview on LBC this morning.. on 11:10 - May 2 by Steve_M

I guarantee she still gets it wrong, even after 3 hours to get the figures straight.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Diane Abbotts Interview on LBC this morning.. on 11:13 - May 2 with 3063 viewslowhouseblue

Diane Abbotts Interview on LBC this morning.. on 11:10 - May 2 by Steve_M

as one of the comments says, giving abbott air time is clear proof of bbc anti-labour bias.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Diane Abbotts Interview on LBC this morning.. on 11:41 - May 2 with 2999 viewshype313

Diane Abbotts Interview on LBC this morning.. on 11:08 - May 2 by StokieBlue

SB

Wonder why he has given her a position of authority..

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024