Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
That turn, run, and ball from Celina to McG! 12:35 - Aug 9 with 6042 viewstextbackup

Had that been Tom Lawrence he'd have taken that on his own, all celinas highlights seem to be lovely through balls with ex team mates missing 1-1's... sure Sears Garner McG and Wag will enjoy a few of those each a season

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

That turn, run, and ball from Celina to McG! on 12:52 - Aug 9 with 5919 viewsSitfcB

Give it a few more games and we'll have all forgotten about Lawrence.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

That turn, run, and ball from Celina to McG! on 13:05 - Aug 9 with 5827 viewsReuser_is_God

That turn, run, and ball from Celina to McG! on 12:52 - Aug 9 by SitfcB

Give it a few more games and we'll have all forgotten about Lawrence.

I forgot about Lawrence when he got himself suspended for the Norwich game.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

That turn, run, and ball from Celina to McG! on 13:14 - Aug 9 with 5752 viewsSomethingBlue

That goal is exciting, isn't it — long time since we've had players with the ability, and presence of thought, to simply open up an opponent like that. Also loved his no-look pass for Kenlock after that. Celina will have his off days but he could be a star here, I honestly can't (and couldn't at the time) believe we got him.
[Post edited 9 Aug 2017 13:14]

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

That turn, run, and ball from Celina to McG! on 13:22 - Aug 9 with 5681 viewsHipsterectomy

If we continue playing like this MM has the hardest job in football. How do you stop playing the kids who are playing really well like Downes and Nydam but also leave out players like McG, Huws, Adeyemi, Celina?

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

That turn, run, and ball from Celina to McG! on 13:23 - Aug 9 with 5670 viewsReuser_is_God

That turn, run, and ball from Celina to McG! on 13:22 - Aug 9 by Hipsterectomy

If we continue playing like this MM has the hardest job in football. How do you stop playing the kids who are playing really well like Downes and Nydam but also leave out players like McG, Huws, Adeyemi, Celina?

He'd rather have these problems than having to play Douglas every week.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

That turn, run, and ball from Celina to McG! on 13:24 - Aug 9 with 5652 viewstcblue

A high tide should raise all ships, too, so I have no doubt that his quality - particularly as it seems very unselfish - will bring up everyone around him.

Bit like when Webster' arrival and partnership last season got Berra to start doing short passing triangles (these abruptly stopped when Webster got injured). Had to rub my eyes a couple of times
That turn, run, and ball from Celina to McG! on 13:31 - Aug 9 with 5593 viewsIpswichKnight

That turn, run, and ball from Celina to McG! on 13:14 - Aug 9 by SomethingBlue

That goal is exciting, isn't it — long time since we've had players with the ability, and presence of thought, to simply open up an opponent like that. Also loved his no-look pass for Kenlock after that. Celina will have his off days but he could be a star here, I honestly can't (and couldn't at the time) believe we got him.
[Post edited 9 Aug 2017 13:14]

I'm sure I heard Phil on life's a pitch on Saturday say that Man City are keen to do more deals with us.

Not sure he will enjoy some of the rough treatment he will get from some of the more ahem "agricultural" defenders in our league and I could see him being targeted a lot like Fraser was.
That turn, run, and ball from Celina to McG! on 13:33 - Aug 9 with 5559 viewsHipsterectomy

That turn, run, and ball from Celina to McG! on 13:31 - Aug 9 by IpswichKnight

I'm sure I heard Phil on life's a pitch on Saturday say that Man City are keen to do more deals with us.

Not sure he will enjoy some of the rough treatment he will get from some of the more ahem "agricultural" defenders in our league and I could see him being targeted a lot like Fraser was.

Players like Celina will always be targeted because of their arrogance, like last night with the pass to his left without looking. I'm sure a lot of defenders and midfielders are pssed off about things like that.

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Login to get fewer ads

That turn, run, and ball from Celina to McG! on 13:36 - Aug 9 with 5541 viewsJimmyJazz

Although he got a few goals from his mazy runs, was Lawrence a bit of a ball-hog always looking for a worldy rather than playing in team mates?

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

That turn, run, and ball from Celina to McG! on 13:52 - Aug 9 with 5441 viewsBackToRussia

The turn was Bergkampesque

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

That turn, run, and ball from Celina to McG! on 14:05 - Aug 9 with 5375 viewsFixed_It

That turn, run, and ball from Celina to McG! on 13:31 - Aug 9 by IpswichKnight

I'm wondering if the link with Mark Kennedy is behind this? He left our U21s to take on a coaching role at City.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

That turn, run, and ball from Celina to McG! on 14:06 - Aug 9 with 5367 viewsITFC_RM

He has to start at Barnsley, doesn't he? most excited ive been about a player for a long time.

looks the real deal.

Poll: Will MM spend money this summer?

That turn, run, and ball from Celina to McG! on 14:12 - Aug 9 with 5327 viewsSomethingBlue

That turn, run, and ball from Celina to McG! on 14:05 - Aug 9 by Fixed_It

I'm wondering if the link with Mark Kennedy is behind this? He left our U21s to take on a coaching role at City.

Think that's exactly it. I'll take Phil Foden next if they're offering.

That turn, run, and ball from Celina to McG! on 14:15 - Aug 9 with 5306 viewsSomethingBlue

That turn, run, and ball from Celina to McG! on 14:06 - Aug 9 by ITFC_RM

He has to start at Barnsley, doesn't he? most excited ive been about a player for a long time.

looks the real deal.

Doubt he will play 46 (45) games — will need protecting at times I think. But if he hits form he will be hard to leave out; serious talent.

That turn, run, and ball from Celina to McG! on 14:32 - Aug 9 with 5236 viewsBlueBadger

Genuinely glorious, innit.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

That turn, run, and ball from Celina to McG! on 15:51 - Aug 9 with 5088 viewstextbackup

That turn, run, and ball from Celina to McG! on 13:36 - Aug 9 by JimmyJazz

Although he got a few goals from his mazy runs, was Lawrence a bit of a ball-hog always looking for a worldy rather than playing in team mates?

If it wasn't for TL I think we'd have gone down last season, however, I really didn't like him 'that' much. Was a 'hogger' and seemed that it was all about him

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

That turn, run, and ball from Celina to McG! on 16:00 - Aug 9 with 5073 viewsitfcjoe

That turn, run, and ball from Celina to McG! on 14:12 - Aug 9 by SomethingBlue

Is there not a link between Dave Bowman and Brian Marwood that is more important?

Phil Foden is special, I'd like to see him really pushed on by Pep this year and that it could happen, a shame Jadon Sancho isn't.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

That turn, run, and ball from Celina to McG! on 16:02 - Aug 9 with 5050 viewsKieran_Knows

That turn, run, and ball from Celina to McG! on 16:00 - Aug 9 by itfcjoe

Is there not a link between Dave Bowman and Brian Marwood that is more important?

Phil Foden is special, I'd like to see him really pushed on by Pep this year and that it could happen, a shame Jadon Sancho isn't.

Pep is meant to be a big fan of Foden's isn't he? Went on pre-season tour with them if I'm correct. Hopefully he gets a few games this season.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

That turn, run, and ball from Celina to McG! on 17:43 - Aug 9 with 4867 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

That turn, run, and ball from Celina to McG! on 13:52 - Aug 9 by BackToRussia

The turn was Bergkampesque

Against Luton Town
That turn, run, and ball from Celina to McG! on 20:15 - Aug 9 with 4701 viewsRoyKeanesDog

To be fair to Lawrence he probably would've smashed it in too.

Poll: Best Football Song

Reminds me of this cracking photo of Foden on 20:30 - Aug 9 with 4652 viewsDyland

That turn, run, and ball from Celina to McG! on 16:00 - Aug 9 by itfcjoe

http://www.gettyimages.co.uk/license/819920134

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

That turn, run, and ball from Celina to McG! on 07:11 - Aug 10 with 4421 viewsBackToRussia

That turn, run, and ball from Celina to McG! on 17:43 - Aug 9 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Against Luton Town

So

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

That turn, run, and ball from Celina to McG! on 08:00 - Aug 10 with 4325 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

That turn, run, and ball from Celina to McG! on 14:12 - Aug 9 by SomethingBlue

Heh. And if we're gonna take probably unrealistic Man City players on loan, Patrick Roberts would be quite nice too. And Aguero

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024