Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is Ipswich a "BIG CLUB" ? 21:39 - May 20 with 6089 viewseddiespearitt03

Playing pre season friendlies against cheap, lowly opposition only happens because the club does not want too many "friendly" defeats as it may affect potential ticket sales . That is where this club is these days.
It is good to know there isa going to be a pre-season game at home this year but for crikes sake get some decent opposition for a change.
Is Ipswich a "BIG CLUB" ? on 21:48 - May 20 with 6027 viewstomo

YEA MORE BIG CLUB FRENDLIES NOW!!!!
Is Ipswich a on 21:57 - May 20 with 5995 viewsOxford_Blue

No.

Not even in the top 10 for trophies won and success or crowds and the last sixteen years in the Championshp have further damaged us.

We haven’t won a major trophy for 37 years! Even at our peak we failed to win the league (ie 1981).

What we have is pedigree of being a successful club in the 70s and early 80s that punched well above its weight and produced two England managers.
[Post edited 20 May 2018 21:59]
Is Ipswich a "BIG CLUB" ? on 22:05 - May 20 with 5952 viewsFreddies_Ears

Pre-season is only about fitness and a bit of tactical preparedness. Results are utterly irrelevant (luckily, after Charlton...). I don't know who the home oppo is this year, but I don't care if it's Leiston, Felixstowe & Walton, Bury Town or flippin' Barcelona. I'll still be there.
Is Ipswich a "BIG CLUB" ? on 22:08 - May 20 with 5939 viewsfooters

Interesting thoughts, caller. By the way, how were the legends on display today?

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Is Ipswich a "BIG CLUB" ? on 22:22 - May 20 with 5886 viewsMelford

Lazio.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Is Ipswich a on 08:11 - May 21 with 5536 viewsbluehook

Is Ipswich a on 21:57 - May 20 by Oxford_Blue

No.

Not even in the top 10 for trophies won and success or crowds and the last sixteen years in the Championshp have further damaged us.

We haven’t won a major trophy for 37 years! Even at our peak we failed to win the league (ie 1981).

What we have is pedigree of being a successful club in the 70s and early 80s that punched well above its weight and produced two England managers.
[Post edited 20 May 2018 21:59]

We didn’t do too badly in 2000 and the following season.
Is Ipswich a "BIG CLUB" ? on 10:30 - May 21 with 5359 viewsRyorry

We are Ipswich Town fans/supporters. If you actually need to ask that question -

Poll: Time of the annunciation

Is Ipswich a "BIG CLUB" ? on 10:33 - May 21 with 5349 viewsBrettenhamBlue

Not much travel and can be competitive. Two seasons ago we were beaten 5-4 by AFC Sudbury and that was some game.

MMcCarthyisaGod
Poll: Favourite ITFC victory of 2018?

Login to get fewer ads

Is Ipswich a "BIG CLUB" ? on 10:34 - May 21 with 5344 viewswkj

Im guessing you're not exactly sure what friendlies are for

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Is Ipswich a "BIG CLUB" ? on 11:05 - May 21 with 5305 viewsNo9

It pains me to say it but while Mr Evans may have ideas of promotion I fear some near to him would be happy with relegation.
Is Ipswich a "BIG CLUB" ? on 11:18 - May 21 with 5288 viewsPilgrimblue

I agree, what's the point of playing against non league opposition. We (and the manager) learn nothing from the result. Surely better Town play League 1/2 and if we lose then so be it and maybe any shortcomings can be addressed before the window closes.
Then it would be good to play top Euro team in final game at home whatever the result, at least it'll give something for the players and fans to enjoy.
Is Ipswich a "BIG CLUB" ? on 11:22 - May 21 with 5279 viewschicoazul

Bigger than about 70 other clubs including some in the Prem right now. So yes.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Is Ipswich a "BIG CLUB" ? on 11:23 - May 21 with 5279 viewsNo9

Is Ipswich a "BIG CLUB" ? on 11:18 - May 21 by Pilgrimblue

I agree, what's the point of playing against non league opposition. We (and the manager) learn nothing from the result. Surely better Town play League 1/2 and if we lose then so be it and maybe any shortcomings can be addressed before the window closes.
Then it would be good to play top Euro team in final game at home whatever the result, at least it'll give something for the players and fans to enjoy.

I always got the feeling from listening to MM that, preseason friendlies, like cup competitions were not something he embraced but he had to stick with the Irish games.
Is Ipswich a "BIG CLUB" ? on 11:30 - May 21 with 5260 viewsPhilTWTD

Is Ipswich a "BIG CLUB" ? on 22:05 - May 20 by Freddies_Ears

Pre-season is only about fitness and a bit of tactical preparedness. Results are utterly irrelevant (luckily, after Charlton...). I don't know who the home oppo is this year, but I don't care if it's Leiston, Felixstowe & Walton, Bury Town or flippin' Barcelona. I'll still be there.

Indeed, every manager says this every year but for some reason it seems to get overlooked.
Is Ipswich a "BIG CLUB" ? on 13:49 - May 21 with 5124 viewscarlisleaway

Is Ipswich a "BIG CLUB" ? on 11:30 - May 21 by PhilTWTD

Indeed, every manager says this every year but for some reason it seems to get overlooked.

Apparently the club did contact Düsseldorf but could not come to agreement over a date.
Is Ipswich a "BIG CLUB" ? on 13:50 - May 21 with 5120 viewswkj

I would like to see us play AZ or other dutch teams again, re establish those ties

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Is Ipswich a "BIG CLUB" ? on 14:30 - May 21 with 5061 viewsBLUEBEAT

Looking forward to the MK Dons one

Never been inside there before and it looks well Lego

And can pop into IKEA first for horse balls and brightly coloured kitchen utensils which will never be used

Poll: ACID, FUNK, ACID FUNK?

Is Ipswich a "BIG CLUB" ? on 15:28 - May 21 with 5014 viewsjontysnut

Is Ipswich a "BIG CLUB" ? on 11:18 - May 21 by Pilgrimblue

for most clubs unless you're in a profile tournament they're one up from a training game and they give a chance to look at youths, triallists etc. I'd rather go somewhere interesting than watch, say Hearts, in front of 3,000 at PR
Is Ipswich a "BIG CLUB" ? on 17:46 - May 21 with 4919 viewsRyorry

Is Ipswich a "BIG CLUB" ? on 14:30 - May 21 by BLUEBEAT

And can pop into IKEA first for horse balls and brightly coloured kitchen utensils which will never be used

Horse balls ..?!

Is Ipswich a on 18:59 - May 21 with 4866 viewsOxford_Blue

Is Ipswich a on 08:11 - May 21 by bluehook

We didn’t do too badly in 2000 and the following season.

One season coming 5th then getting relegated isn’t the definition of a big club.

Sorry.
Is Ipswich a "BIG CLUB" ? on 18:59 - May 21 with 4865 viewsrfretwell

Is Ipswich a "BIG CLUB" ? on 14:30 - May 21 by BLUEBEAT

Thanks for the IKEAcinfo Bluebeat. We need a set of new forks.
Is Ipswich a "BIG CLUB" ? on 19:37 - May 21 with 4825 viewsBLUEBEAT

Is Ipswich a "BIG CLUB" ? on 17:46 - May 21 by Ryorry

Horse balls ..?!

nom-nom-nom

Poll: ACID, FUNK, ACID FUNK?

Is Ipswich a "BIG CLUB" ? on 23:54 - May 21 with 4731 viewsRyorry

Is Ipswich a "BIG CLUB" ? on 19:37 - May 21 by BLUEBEAT

nom-nom-nom

O-kaaaaaay ... each to their own ..!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024