Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone think Cristiano Ronaldo's penalty against Spain was the right call? 08:10 - Jun 17 with 2782 viewsRadlett_blue

I thought Nacho simply stood there & Ronaldo created minimal contact. I would have actually called it out as a dive after seeing the replay.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Anyone think Cristiano Ronaldo's penalty against Spain was the right call? on 08:27 - Jun 17 with 2764 viewsBetablocker

If defender missing the ball making contact with the player player going down in the area yes defintely a pen

Not even in question imho
Anyone think Cristiano Ronaldo's penalty against Spain was the right call? on 08:30 - Jun 17 with 2756 viewssparks

Anyone think Cristiano Ronaldo's penalty against Spain was the right call? on 08:27 - Jun 17 by Betablocker

If defender missing the ball making contact with the player player going down in the area yes defintely a pen

Not even in question imho

NO!

The defender must also impede the striker. If the striker knowingly causes contact, or the contact is minimal so as to have no real effect, it is simply not a penalty.

Contact is not a foul.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Anyone think Cristiano Ronaldo's penalty against Spain was the right call? on 08:42 - Jun 17 with 2723 viewsFtnfwest

Well having watched it again he stuck his foot out and tripped him up....and didn’t complain about the decision (although he was tbf the only one who didn’t!) No one seems too bothered about the second penalty that Argentina should have had which was a clear trip.
Anyone think Cristiano Ronaldo's penalty against Spain was the right call? on 08:57 - Jun 17 with 2701 viewsSimonds92

Anyone think Cristiano Ronaldo's penalty against Spain was the right call? on 08:30 - Jun 17 by sparks

NO!

The defender must also impede the striker. If the striker knowingly causes contact, or the contact is minimal so as to have no real effect, it is simply not a penalty.

Contact is not a foul.

He did impede the striker though, he tripped him, he did try to pull out but it was too late, we've all been there!
In conclusion definite penalty.
Anyone think Cristiano Ronaldo's penalty against Spain was the right call? on 08:58 - Jun 17 with 2695 viewsBetablocker

Anyone think Cristiano Ronaldo's penalty against Spain was the right call? on 08:30 - Jun 17 by sparks

NO!

Contact is not a foul.

Erm apparently it was a foul as the penalty was given

Why does every decision have to be over analysed it's given 95/100

pen all day long
[Post edited 17 Jun 2018 8:58]
Anyone think Cristiano Ronaldo's penalty against Spain was the right call? on 09:00 - Jun 17 with 2679 viewsStokieBlue

It was clear pen. Ronaldo sold him the step over and Nacho clumsily impeded him.

If that was done to Sears you'd be screaming from the rooftops for a pen.

SB

Avatar - M51 - The Whirlpool Galaxy - Taken on 29th April 2024

Anyone think Cristiano Ronaldo's penalty against Spain was the right call? on 09:08 - Jun 17 with 2659 viewssparks

Anyone think Cristiano Ronaldo's penalty against Spain was the right call? on 09:00 - Jun 17 by StokieBlue

It was clear pen. Ronaldo sold him the step over and Nacho clumsily impeded him.

SB

I think thats probably right- but lets not give this "contact therefore pen" nonsense any more oxygen.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Anyone think Cristiano Ronaldo's penalty against Spain was the right call? on 09:08 - Jun 17 with 2654 viewsjas0999

Very easy decision for the referee. Clear penalty.
Login to get fewer ads

Anyone think Cristiano Ronaldo's penalty against Spain was the right call? on 09:43 - Jun 17 with 2590 viewsNazemariner

Everything I hate about the modern game.

Slight contact, so accordingly to today’s girly rules it’s a penalty.

I just hate the way they all dice and roll about like someone’s blown their kneecaps off.
Anyone think Cristiano Ronaldo's penalty against Spain was the right call? on 09:51 - Jun 17 with 2580 viewsPinewoodblue

Anyone think Cristiano Ronaldo's penalty against Spain was the right call? on 09:43 - Jun 17 by Nazemariner

Everything I hate about the modern game.

Slight contact, so accordingly to today’s girly rules it’s a penalty.

I just hate the way they all dice and roll about like someone’s blown their kneecaps off.

Ronald'o knew the defender would come in tight and he instigated contact. No penalty it is a contact game.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Anyone think Cristiano Ronaldo's penalty against Spain was the right call? on 09:53 - Jun 17 with 2567 viewsNazemariner

Anyone think Cristiano Ronaldo's penalty against Spain was the right call? on 09:51 - Jun 17 by Pinewoodblue

Ronald'o knew the defender would come in tight and he instigated contact. No penalty it is a contact game.

It’s not any longer though is it!

The rules have changed.
Anyone think Cristiano Ronaldo's penalty against Spain was the right call? on 09:59 - Jun 17 with 2558 viewsMullet

Had it been most other players than the preening peacock that is Ronny, then I doubt many would have questioned it. He made a mug of Nacho and got him committed, players have been doing it for decades.

I don't even buy the fact the "game has changed" really comes into account with that one, compared to say the Peru one or France's. The difference is the over analysis from every angle which changes how we see it.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Anyone think Cristiano Ronaldo's penalty against Spain was the right call? on 10:12 - Jun 17 with 2518 viewsDubtractor

Anyone think Cristiano Ronaldo's penalty against Spain was the right call? on 09:59 - Jun 17 by Mullet

Had it been most other players than the preening peacock that is Ronny, then I doubt many would have questioned it. He made a mug of Nacho and got him committed, players have been doing it for decades.

I don't even buy the fact the "game has changed" really comes into account with that one, compared to say the Peru one or France's. The difference is the over analysis from every angle which changes how we see it.

This is bang on.

Clear penner and no one would be asking the question if it was a different player.

And sucking defenders into making a foul isn't cheating, not in any sense.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Anyone think Cristiano Ronaldo's penalty against Spain was the right call? on 10:14 - Jun 17 with 2511 viewsMullet

Anyone think Cristiano Ronaldo's penalty against Spain was the right call? on 10:12 - Jun 17 by Dubtractor

This is bang on.

Clear penner and no one would be asking the question if it was a different player.

And sucking defenders into making a foul isn't cheating, not in any sense.

Unless it's Maddison, Huckerby, Ruel Fox and any other trophydodging sisterworrier, et al. They can fook off.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Anyone think Cristiano Ronaldo's penalty against Spain was the right call? on 10:14 - Jun 17 with 2510 viewsStokieBlue

Anyone think Cristiano Ronaldo's penalty against Spain was the right call? on 09:51 - Jun 17 by Pinewoodblue

He beat the man and he was too clumsy to get out of the way. It's a penalty as clear as day.

You'll be saying it's fine to chop someone down as long as you go for the ball next.

As others have said, if it wasn't Ronaldo I doubt so many would have an issue.

SB

Avatar - M51 - The Whirlpool Galaxy - Taken on 29th April 2024

Anyone think Cristiano Ronaldo's penalty against Spain was the right call? on 10:26 - Jun 17 with 2490 viewsstrikalite

The first bit is spot on, but as soon as he made contact and didn't win the ball it's a pen...

Get rid of the penalty area then see who instigates contact...(joking but makes you think)
Anyone think Cristiano Ronaldo's penalty against Spain was the right call? on 10:50 - Jun 17 with 2458 viewsKropotkin123

Anyone think Cristiano Ronaldo's penalty against Spain was the right call? on 09:00 - Jun 17 by StokieBlue

SB

Of course people would scream for a penalty for Sears. I'd do that even if I thought he dived. We're incredibly bias towards Ipswich, so Sears isn't a benchmark for neutrality on here.

As a neutral, I thought Ronaldo sought contact and dived. He already had both feet in the air ready for Nacho.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Anyone think Cristiano Ronaldo's penalty against Spain was the right call? on 10:53 - Jun 17 with 2452 viewschicoazul

He invited contact for the penalty and he dived for the free kick.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Anyone think Cristiano Ronaldo's penalty against Spain was the right call? on 10:57 - Jun 17 with 2443 viewsstrikalite

Anyone think Cristiano Ronaldo's penalty against Spain was the right call? on 10:53 - Jun 17 by chicoazul

He invited contact for the penalty and he dived for the free kick.

He invited the bait and he took it, that was what the wink was all about when he walked back..

Yep and free kick was a dive, people who say no are conned by how good he is at it now..
Anyone think Cristiano Ronaldo's penalty against Spain was the right call? on 11:01 - Jun 17 with 2433 viewschicoazul

Anyone think Cristiano Ronaldo's penalty against Spain was the right call? on 10:57 - Jun 17 by strikalite

He invited the bait and he took it, that was what the wink was all about when he walked back..

Yep and free kick was a dive, people who say no are conned by how good he is at it now..

Pique and Nacho were both pretty stupid though, they have played with and against him
many times and know what he is like.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024