Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Clearly Klug is still doing a good job 02:06 - Sep 23 with 3954 viewsJonnosdreadlocks

with the u18s and u23s starting the season so impressively. Didn't Evans make a big point about how vital our academy was in that interview in the Summer? Yet Hurst has so far either farmed out many of our best youths or says they are not fit (yet he plays other players who clearly aren't!). If we are playing the 'ipswich' way at youth and reserve (u23) level wasn't the 1st team according to ME in that summer interview) supposed to be playing the same way?. Hurst just shuffles his pack but he's got no aces in it and changes the team and system seemingly every game. If Hurst doesn't turn thing by the international break we need to get Burley in with someone like Kieron Dyer under him as a future coach, guys who know the club and the importance of the academy.

Poll: An English Anthem. Wales and Scotland use their own what should England use?

Clearly Klug is still doing a good job on 02:14 - Sep 23 with 3919 viewsSpruceMoose

I'm not sure Burley is the answer, but you're right about a lot of the other stuff.

There doesn't seem to be much of that synergy from bottom to top that we were promised. Hurst changing his line up and formation every five minutes is hardly playing into that idea that we would have a club footballing philosophy.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Clearly Klug is still doing a good job on 02:56 - Sep 23 with 3893 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Would love the idea of an Ipswich legend, someone who knows the club from head to toe. Knows the importance of doing things the Ipswich way. Knows the importance of the academy, the brand of football, and someone who can translate that across to the players, but Burley hasn’t managed a club in around 6 years. A long time to be out of the game.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Clearly Klug is still doing a good job on 03:50 - Sep 23 with 3868 viewstextbackup

Clearly Klug is still doing a good job on 02:14 - Sep 23 by SpruceMoose

I'm not sure Burley is the answer, but you're right about a lot of the other stuff.

There doesn't seem to be much of that synergy from bottom to top that we were promised. Hurst changing his line up and formation every five minutes is hardly playing into that idea that we would have a club footballing philosophy.

Sounds like Burley didn’t even get an interview before Hirst got it, I bet he’s got the right hump with ME.
And from the bits of info chucked around it seems he could be one of the main players in having loose lips.

(This isn’t defo info- just what it sounds like has happened)

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Clearly Klug is still doing a good job on 06:26 - Sep 23 with 3783 viewsjeera

Yes, exactly what was supposed to happen; an agreed philosophy running through the club from top to bottom, or more precisely, from the bottom to the top.

A playing style that everyone could buy into, so as kids come through they're no strangers to what is expected of them whilst making the so-called step-up.

By the sounds of things so far, the first team set-up couldn't be much farther removed from the rest.

I think anyone pissed off with this has every right to feel so.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Clearly Klug is still doing a good job on 08:25 - Sep 23 with 3641 viewsthebooks

Clearly Klug is still doing a good job on 06:26 - Sep 23 by jeera

Yes, exactly what was supposed to happen; an agreed philosophy running through the club from top to bottom, or more precisely, from the bottom to the top.

A playing style that everyone could buy into, so as kids come through they're no strangers to what is expected of them whilst making the so-called step-up.

By the sounds of things so far, the first team set-up couldn't be much farther removed from the rest.

Yes, it's odd. The playing style especially. Apparently it was all high pressing at Shrewsbury, but I haven't seen that. And we seem to play long balls for the first half, and then try possession football in the second, both ineffectively.

He literally seems caught between Klug's way and his own.

Like Mick Mills said yesterday, maybe Hurst should be given another few games to go all out his way (whatever that is), with all the players he's bought in. But that would involve dropping someone like Chambers and/or Skuse, which really would be risky. And we've had a relatively easy start to the season; we've got Boro and Swansea coming up soon.

It's been a mess and shows how not go about changing things. Obviously, ME shares some responsibility for this.
Clearly Klug is still doing a good job (n/t) on 08:29 - Sep 23 with 3623 viewsPlums

Clearly Klug is still doing a good job on 06:26 - Sep 23 by jeera

[Post edited 23 Sep 2018 8:30]

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Clearly Klug is still doing a good job (n/t) on 08:33 - Sep 23 with 3601 viewsPlums

Clearly Klug is still doing a good job (n/t) on 08:29 - Sep 23 by Plums

[Post edited 23 Sep 2018 8:30]

Yep. He’s disagreed with the reported quality of some of the players he’s inherited from day one. That challenged Klug’s judgement and suggested he’d follow his own path. Trouble is, we have no idea where it’s leading and seemingly, neither do the players.
[Post edited 23 Sep 2018 8:33]

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Clearly Klug is still doing a good job on 09:25 - Sep 23 with 3471 viewsPilgrimblue

My thoughts entirely. If Hurst and Klug swapped jobs we'd see an immediate change.

Trouble is Hurst is trying to justify his signings and has got rid of those players who should have been challenging for places or just ignoring them. Folami Morris Nydam Woolfy Emmanual should all be ahead of his League 1/2 gambles as they have proved to be very ordinary.

Klug and u23 coaches have nursed the next generation but they've got nowhere to go with Hurst shutting them out. Shame as we'll lose them either to other clubs or they'll drift out of the game.
Login to get fewer ads

Clearly Klug is still doing a good job (n/t) on 10:34 - Sep 23 with 3335 viewspointofblue

Clearly Klug is still doing a good job (n/t) on 08:33 - Sep 23 by Plums

Yep. He’s disagreed with the reported quality of some of the players he’s inherited from day one. That challenged Klug’s judgement and suggested he’d follow his own path. Trouble is, we have no idea where it’s leading and seemingly, neither do the players.
[Post edited 23 Sep 2018 8:33]

And that’s Klug’s problem. I’m sorry, I know this is going to get a mountain of down arrows, but if he wanted to be the manager and influence the players then he should have put his head above the parapet and offered to be manager. I’d have more sympathy for him if he had and got rejected out of hand but he didn’t want the job. And now, if the rumours are true, it sounds like he’s causing more problems by arguing with the manager over decisions being made rather than accepting him. He needs to help everyone pull together - if Hurst and Doig are harsh he should help by being ‘good’ cop and helping the players through. Not falling out with them at the first opportunity.

Of course it could be Hurst and Doig have frozen Klug out of discussions and the players have noticed it. If so, they’re seriously not helping themselves and I’d take the above back. But the drip drip of unhelpful tittle tattle doesn’t help anyone.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Clearly Klug is still doing a good job on 11:03 - Sep 23 with 3277 viewsosborne

SORRY . Clumsy fingers/cr@ppy phone reported abuse. Unintentional. Don't know how to rectify it. Sorry Johnosdreadlocks!
Clearly Klug is still doing a good job (n/t) on 12:26 - Sep 23 with 3193 viewsPilgrimblue

Clearly Klug is still doing a good job (n/t) on 10:34 - Sep 23 by pointofblue

And that’s Klug’s problem. I’m sorry, I know this is going to get a mountain of down arrows, but if he wanted to be the manager and influence the players then he should have put his head above the parapet and offered to be manager. I’d have more sympathy for him if he had and got rejected out of hand but he didn’t want the job. And now, if the rumours are true, it sounds like he’s causing more problems by arguing with the manager over decisions being made rather than accepting him. He needs to help everyone pull together - if Hurst and Doig are harsh he should help by being ‘good’ cop and helping the players through. Not falling out with them at the first opportunity.

Of course it could be Hurst and Doig have frozen Klug out of discussions and the players have noticed it. If so, they’re seriously not helping themselves and I’d take the above back. But the drip drip of unhelpful tittle tattle doesn’t help anyone.

More likely to be the latter as it would be against Klug's nature based on past. Trouble is that Hurst has made it clear it's his way (whatever that is) or no way.
Meanwhile all Klug can do is keep his head down and continue getting results for U23 and working with his coaches. Sounds like recipe for success!
Clearly Klug is still doing a good job on 13:04 - Sep 23 with 3144 viewsLeagueOne

Evans gave us a load of PR speak about his ambitions and people sadly buy it every time. I'd say our U23's would probably beat our first team these days and still wouldn't get a look in over the players that get picked week in and out at the moment.
[Post edited 23 Sep 2018 13:04]

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

Clearly Klug is still doing a good job on 13:14 - Sep 23 with 3123 viewsRyorry

Clearly Klug is still doing a good job on 13:04 - Sep 23 by LeagueOne

Evans gave us a load of PR speak about his ambitions and people sadly buy it every time. I'd say our U23's would probably beat our first team these days and still wouldn't get a look in over the players that get picked week in and out at the moment.

"I'd say our U23's would probably beat our first team these days"

Now that would certainly be an interesting game!

Poll: Time of the annunciation

Clearly Klug is still doing a good job on 13:19 - Sep 23 with 3086 viewsSpruceMoose

Clearly Klug is still doing a good job on 13:14 - Sep 23 by Ryorry

"I'd say our U23's would probably beat our first team these days"

Now that would certainly be an interesting game!

I think a TWTD XI could hammer the first team at the moment, even with Glasser out with a gammy leg.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Clearly Klug is still doing a good job on 13:25 - Sep 23 with 3078 viewsRyorry

Clearly Klug is still doing a good job on 13:19 - Sep 23 by SpruceMoose

I think a TWTD XI could hammer the first team at the moment, even with Glasser out with a gammy leg.

Probably even if I bagsie the RB spot!

Poll: Time of the annunciation

Clearly Klug is still doing a good job on 20:41 - Sep 23 with 2946 viewsjeera

Abuse reported. For this?

The guy's politics are all over the place but that makes no sense for this post.

Gotta be a mistake.

Clearly Klug is still doing a good job on 21:15 - Sep 23 with 2902 viewsosborne

Clearly Klug is still doing a good job on 20:41 - Sep 23 by jeera

Abuse reported. For this?

The guy's politics are all over the place but that makes no sense for this post.

Gotta be a mistake.

Was a mistake. Apologised above. Anyone know how you can withdraw accidental abuse report?
Clearly Klug is still doing a good job on 21:27 - Sep 23 with 2874 viewsjeera

Clearly Klug is still doing a good job on 21:15 - Sep 23 by osborne

Was a mistake. Apologised above. Anyone know how you can withdraw accidental abuse report?

Oh I see. Sorry.

I hadn't seen.

It'll be fine. Gav won't notice for around a month anyway.

Clearly Klug is still doing a good job on 21:30 - Sep 23 with 2868 viewsosborne

Clearly Klug is still doing a good job on 21:27 - Sep 23 by jeera

Oh I see. Sorry.

I hadn't seen.

It'll be fine. Gav won't notice for around a month anyway.

Cheers. Managed to uppie you successfully. Getting better!
Clearly Klug is still doing a good job on 21:52 - Sep 23 with 2823 viewsreusersfreekicks

Clearly Klug is still doing a good job on 13:04 - Sep 23 by LeagueOne

That's rubbish the std of u23 football is miles and miles below that of the championship
Clearly Klug is still doing a good job on 21:54 - Sep 23 with 2816 viewsJonnosdreadlocks

Clearly Klug is still doing a good job on 21:15 - Sep 23 by osborne

no offence taken mate.

Poll: An English Anthem. Wales and Scotland use their own what should England use?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024