Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The season starts here 09:37 - Oct 30 with 1960 viewsSomethingBlue

Decent first press conference from Lambert, he doesn't ever give much away but you can see what he brings: confidence, competence, authority, presence. Got a good feeling about all of this, in the long run, but we need to start well so let's hope people find it in themselves to come out in numbers on Saturday. We're fortunate that we can still attract a manager of this standing.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

The season starts here on 09:47 - Oct 30 with 1880 viewsDarkHorse

He came across really well. Just keeping us in contention until January is a huge and unenviable job, but I think we've got the best possible manager for it.
The season starts here on 09:50 - Oct 30 with 1866 viewsHerbivore

Though he didn't give much away I do get the impression that if we're still in contention come January there will be some money to spend.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

The season starts here on 09:53 - Oct 30 with 1842 viewsSomethingBlue

The season starts here on 09:50 - Oct 30 by Herbivore

Though he didn't give much away I do get the impression that if we're still in contention come January there will be some money to spend.

Yep, me too. Just hope we can get some sort of bounce out of this over the next few weeks because if we do, and then he gets the players he wants in, the picture could look very different indeed in six months. Preston and Reading look absolutely vital to the season for me.

The season starts here on 09:54 - Oct 30 with 1826 viewsReuser_is_God

The season starts here on 09:53 - Oct 30 by SomethingBlue

Yep, me too. Just hope we can get some sort of bounce out of this over the next few weeks because if we do, and then he gets the players he wants in, the picture could look very different indeed in six months. Preston and Reading look absolutely vital to the season for me.

Get 4 points from these 2 & go from there.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

The season starts here on 09:58 - Oct 30 with 1793 viewschicoazul

Me watching the press conference;

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

The season starts here on 10:00 - Oct 30 with 1787 viewswkj

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

The season starts here on 10:19 - Oct 30 with 1705 viewsGuthrum

The season starts here on 09:50 - Oct 30 by Herbivore

But not £10m!

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

The season starts here on 10:36 - Oct 30 with 1641 viewsHerbivore

The season starts here on 10:19 - Oct 30 by Guthrum

But not £10m!

It seems unlikely, but the £5m left over from the summer business doesn't look too unrealistic to me. That can still get us a couple of players capable of making a difference.

Login to get fewer ads

The season starts here on 10:47 - Oct 30 with 1600 viewsGuthrum

The season starts here on 10:36 - Oct 30 by Herbivore

It seems unlikely, but the £5m left over from the summer business doesn't look too unrealistic to me. That can still get us a couple of players capable of making a difference.

Indeed. Tho it will be interesting to see what Lambert can get out of the players we do have. Maybe we won't need so many new signings as some think?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

The season starts here on 10:51 - Oct 30 with 1571 viewsSomethingBlue

The season starts here on 10:47 - Oct 30 by Guthrum

Indeed. Tho it will be interesting to see what Lambert can get out of the players we do have. Maybe we won't need so many new signings as some think?

1 x striker, 1 x winger, 1 x right-back, 1 x central midfielder — that's my guess/prescription.

The season starts here on 11:15 - Oct 30 with 1494 viewsBenters2

The season starts here on 10:19 - Oct 30 by Guthrum

But not £10m!

Was that a slip of the tongue then?

£10m to spend,now we are settled on £5m ...
The season starts here on 11:17 - Oct 30 with 1473 viewsBrixtonBlue

The season starts here on 11:15 - Oct 30 by Benters2

Was that a slip of the tongue then?

£10m to spend,now we are settled on £5m ...

It was made up by a journalist. Obviously.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

The season starts here on 11:48 - Oct 30 with 1385 viewsHerbivore

The season starts here on 10:47 - Oct 30 by Guthrum

I don't think we will. A striker with a bit of presence looks a must, I think we're a wide player short too. Possibly another CB as we're light there currently, although Chambers and Pennington should be capable enough I feel. Otherwise further changes can wait until the summer, arguably CB can wait until summer too although I'd like someone who's more naturally comfortable on the left side of the CB pairing to give us balance. I don't think the squad is as lacking in quality as some think, the issue is a lack of confidence and utter chaos in selection and tactics from Norwich onwards.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024