Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Grealish 22:16 - Nov 15 with 1410 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Have always disliked him but, rather like Beckham did, growing on me.

Sounded nervous to start with in his post match interview.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Grealish on 22:17 - Nov 15 with 1401 viewsPlums

Great to see an England player wanting the ball and looking to make things happen. Didn’t look out of place against the quality of Belgium.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Grealish on 22:20 - Nov 15 with 1384 viewsbournemouthblue

He's definitely inspired by Beckham a little bit as well but probably a bit better on the ball and a bit more agile

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Grealish on 22:23 - Nov 15 with 1375 viewsOsborneOneNil

Grealish on 22:17 - Nov 15 by Plums

Great to see an England player wanting the ball and looking to make things happen. Didn’t look out of place against the quality of Belgium.

Best player on the pitch tonight.
Grealish on 22:26 - Nov 15 with 1356 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Grealish on 22:20 - Nov 15 by bournemouthblue

He's definitely inspired by Beckham a little bit as well but probably a bit better on the ball and a bit more agile

Has some way to go before he can really be spoken of in the same terms as Beckham for achievement but he certainly has the potential and sounded like he has the humility and determination to continue to learn.

Grealish on 22:29 - Nov 15 with 1356 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Don’t like some of antics, but he’s a supremely gifted footballer.

The biggest difference this year is he is making an impact in the key areas consistently.

Last year seemed to do very good work but too far away from the opposition box.

8G 6A last year which is good.

But he could and should be in double figures for both with his talent.

Already on 4G, 6A for the year.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Grealish on 22:31 - Nov 15 with 1342 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Grealish on 22:29 - Nov 15 by TheTrueBlue1878

Don’t like some of antics, but he’s a supremely gifted footballer.

The biggest difference this year is he is making an impact in the key areas consistently.

Last year seemed to do very good work but too far away from the opposition box.

8G 6A last year which is good.

But he could and should be in double figures for both with his talent.

Already on 4G, 6A for the year.

As I say (and came across in his interview tonight), he appears to be willing, even keen, to learn and improve. Beckham did the same.

Grealish on 22:35 - Nov 15 with 1333 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Grealish on 22:31 - Nov 15 by Nthsuffolkblue

As I say (and came across in his interview tonight), he appears to be willing, even keen, to learn and improve. Beckham did the same.

That’s always good to see and hear.

Think he will have to step away from Villa to a big 4 club in the summer though.

He’ll be 26 I think then. Needs to be playing his prime years in the top of the Premier League/Champions League.

And he can certainly mix it with them no doubt. Best England player on the pitch tonight by a long way.

Grealish on 22:47 - Nov 15 with 1299 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

Grealish on 22:35 - Nov 15 by TheTrueBlue1878

Think he will have to step away from Villa to a big 4 club in the summer though.

He’ll be 26 I think then. Needs to be playing his prime years in the top of the Premier League/Champions League.

And he can certainly mix it with them no doubt. Best England player on the pitch tonight by a long way.

Wow he has to play Wednesday but can we play him with Sterling and foden?
Southgate has a big dilemma!
Login to get fewer ads

Grealish on 22:50 - Nov 15 with 1290 viewsVeronaBlue

Grealish on 22:35 - Nov 15 by TheTrueBlue1878

Where do you think he would go/fit? Don't see him at Man City or Liverpool personally.

I think Spurs would be a good shout for him.
Grealish on 22:56 - Nov 15 with 1267 viewsGarv

Grealish on 22:47 - Nov 15 by BtreeBlueBlood

Wow he has to play Wednesday but can we play him with Sterling and foden?
Southgate has a big dilemma!

Personally I don't mind if the headless chicken Sterling misses out.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Grealish on 22:58 - Nov 15 with 1256 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Grealish on 22:50 - Nov 15 by VeronaBlue

Where do you think he would go/fit? Don't see him at Man City or Liverpool personally.

I think as long as Villa are Premier League he will stay there as their big player. Rather like Le Tissier at Southampton. If Villa go down, he would probably get loaned to one of the better Premier League sides and, especially if they have Champions League football, he could then end up staying with whoever he joined.

There is no reason why a player in a lesser Premier League team cannot be a top international player. Of course, getting the Champions League experience would help but much of that is simply playing against fairly ordinary (in terms of Premier League standard) teams. In fact, playing less football could be as much a benefit as the experience of playing some bigger matches.

Grealish on 23:03 - Nov 15 with 1248 viewsVeronaBlue

Grealish on 22:58 - Nov 15 by Nthsuffolkblue

I think as long as Villa are Premier League he will stay there as their big player. Rather like Le Tissier at Southampton. If Villa go down, he would probably get loaned to one of the better Premier League sides and, especially if they have Champions League football, he could then end up staying with whoever he joined.

There is no reason why a player in a lesser Premier League team cannot be a top international player. Of course, getting the Champions League experience would help but much of that is simply playing against fairly ordinary (in terms of Premier League standard) teams. In fact, playing less football could be as much a benefit as the experience of playing some bigger matches.

If Villa cement themselves as a top half side over the next few years, no reason why he couldn't stay and thrive you're right.

I think a player like him does need to see some CL football in his career though for sure. Just to see him mix it with top players and see how he performs. I can't see him having any issues stepping up and think he can only get better.
Grealish on 23:05 - Nov 15 with 1247 viewsFtnfwest

Playing well at the moment. Belgium were going in with some physical stuff, not just on him but other players as well but he opened them up a few times and they were fortunate not to least concede one
Grealish on 00:46 - Nov 16 with 1145 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Grealish on 22:50 - Nov 15 by VeronaBlue

Spurs I agree best fit. No.10 role there in a 4-2-3-1.

Man Utd, left side, move Rashford to central striker.

Arsenal left side, move Aubamayang to central striker.

Could be a creative spark for Liverpool in midfield 3 probably something they lack. For all Liverpool’s world class footballers, I don’t think they have anyone right now like Grealish.

City and Chelsea only 2 couldn’t see being interested in him.
[Post edited 16 Nov 2020 0:46]

Grealish on 10:10 - Nov 16 with 885 viewsWickets

Yes he did seem to have a good game and its a big plus that he always makes himself available to receive the ball . Big pity that we did not score so can we say for all his work it lacked an end product ? One thought that did spring to mind was in the game we lost to Denmark we manage to get behind their defence James and Mount good work down the right but their was never anyone in the box as Kane seemed to be playing a deep role . Last night during the last 20 minutes or so there were times we had both Kane and Calvert in the box but failed to get behind them or get a cross in . Jack kept cutting inside on to his right and when the ball went to the other side Sanches cut inside onto his left .
Grealish on 10:17 - Nov 16 with 872 viewsvapour_trail

Grealish on 22:56 - Nov 15 by Garv

Personally I don't mind if the headless chicken Sterling misses out.

Christ.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024