Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ashes 1st Test 01:35 - Dec 7 with 1081 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Less than 24 hours to go. Who will be up watching then?

Prediction - Australia 3-1 England. Can’t see any way we win the 1st test with it being their fortress and us being without Anderson. Be tough from there on in.

As a side note, I’ll raise a beer tomorrow to TLA who, every night without fail during the last Ashes away series, would be up through the night to talk cricket both on the forum and via PM. Can’t believe that series was late 2017. Feels like yesterday. 🍻

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Ashes 1st Test on 01:52 - Dec 7 with 1048 viewsXYZ

I've laid Aus at evens for Brisbane.

The weather and England out-performing expectations on days 1 & 2 will allow me to trade out or stick.

3-1's a good call. England to win a test might be the value bet. Two day/ night matches and el nino helping the England bowlers.
Ashes 1st Test on 02:26 - Dec 7 with 1023 viewsRyorry

I'll probably be on the sofa dozing & listening to TMS!

One good thing about our expectations for the series - generally, they seem to be so low that if we do get anything out of it, it'll feel amazing!

Poll: Time of the annunciation

Ashes 1st Test on 05:12 - Dec 7 with 969 viewsN2_Blue

Will definitely be watching. One of my favourite sporting series. Unfortunately it’s hard to look past anything but a comfortable series win for Australia.
If the rearranged final test becomes another pink ball test it cold help and the Aussie are scared by Stokes but a huge task to win more than one test.

Anything but defeat at the Gabba would be an amazing start.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Ashes 1st Test on 07:31 - Dec 7 with 901 viewsYallop

Yep alarm set. Hopefully 3points tonight and a few early Aussie wickets tomorrow
Ashes 1st Test on 08:09 - Dec 7 with 844 viewsReuser_is_God

First one down under that I’ve not watched since 01/02 that I’ve not watched as don’t have BT sport but will be up during the night following on TMS/Cricinfo.

Lots made of our bowling not being good enough but we’ve regularly had them 5/6 down for not very many on the recent tours only to then not finish the job. Hopefully someone like Wood will help in that regard.

I have a sneaky feeling of 2-2, but that relies on Root carrying on his form.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Ashes 1st Test on 11:03 - Dec 7 with 771 viewsRadlett_blue

Ashes 1st Test on 01:52 - Dec 7 by XYZ

I've laid Aus at evens for Brisbane.

The weather and England out-performing expectations on days 1 & 2 will allow me to trade out or stick.

3-1's a good call. England to win a test might be the value bet. Two day/ night matches and el nino helping the England bowlers.

England are under-prepared & have a pop-gun attack for Australian pitches and a very dodgy batting line up, Root excepted. Unless Root scores heavily, Australia will win at a canter & England will do well to draw a Test or 2. At least I won't have to suffer watching it, with the games on from midnight to 7am.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Ashes 1st Test on 11:11 - Dec 7 with 765 viewsRyorry

Ashes 1st Test on 11:03 - Dec 7 by Radlett_blue

England are under-prepared & have a pop-gun attack for Australian pitches and a very dodgy batting line up, Root excepted. Unless Root scores heavily, Australia will win at a canter & England will do well to draw a Test or 2. At least I won't have to suffer watching it, with the games on from midnight to 7am.

Doesn't the first of the Ashes series down under usually start on Boxing Day? so I'm guessing the early start this year is Covid related 🤔

Anyway, snow is forecast here on the Pennines for the next couple of days, so the TMS team broadcasting mental pics of summer & comparative warmth will be even more welcome than usual!

Ashes 1st Test on 11:18 - Dec 7 with 752 viewschicoazul

No way we don’t get rinsed from start to finish. The best bowling attack in the world against our band of non batting merry men? Zero chance.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Login to get fewer ads

Ashes 1st Test on 11:28 - Dec 7 with 739 viewsvilanovablue

Could be a fascinating series both teams are very underprepared, having said I do think Australia are likely to win comfortably and 3-1 seems a decent shout. If we are going to get anything out of the series we need to get away from the first test without losing.
Ashes 1st Test on 11:36 - Dec 7 with 731 viewsXYZ

Ashes 1st Test on 11:11 - Dec 7 by Ryorry

Doesn't the first of the Ashes series down under usually start on Boxing Day? so I'm guessing the early start this year is Covid related 🤔

Anyway, snow is forecast here on the Pennines for the next couple of days, so the TMS team broadcasting mental pics of summer & comparative warmth will be even more welcome than usual!

This is a later-than-usual start. Recent tours have had the first (Brisbane) test starting in late November, then Adelaide and Perth before the G on Boxing Day and Sydney in the New Year to close.
Ashes 1st Test on 11:40 - Dec 7 with 722 viewsXYZ

Ashes 1st Test on 11:03 - Dec 7 by Radlett_blue

Both sides are (almost) equally under-prepared. England having Stokes back is a major gain - he gives the team/ squad a bit of backbone - a talisman.

Having said that, some of the lesser-rated England batters are going to have to step up.
Ashes 1st Test on 11:59 - Dec 7 with 699 viewsCoastalblue

Won't be watching but will probably listen until lunch, it is TMS isn't it? Please don't tell me it's Talksport.

I'm not so quite doom and gloom, I think we'll struggle, but I think they will too. I think the Aussies will edge a close series, perhaps 2-1, I don't think they're a particularly good side and are reliant on Smith and Warner making runs. Both have barely played a Test in the last couple of years.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Ashes 1st Test on 12:00 - Dec 7 with 697 viewsgordon

Obviously a chance we might nick a draw somewhere due to weather, but I'll go for 5-0 to Australia.
Ashes 1st Test on 12:05 - Dec 7 with 689 viewsRyorry

Ashes 1st Test on 11:36 - Dec 7 by XYZ

This is a later-than-usual start. Recent tours have had the first (Brisbane) test starting in late November, then Adelaide and Perth before the G on Boxing Day and Sydney in the New Year to close.

Ah right, ta. Maybe I pay more attention to the Boxing Day one because it's such a massive relief to get back to sport after the nightmare dross on radio & TV of Christmas Day!

Ashes 1st Test on 14:00 - Dec 7 with 629 viewsRadlett_blue

Ashes 1st Test on 11:11 - Dec 7 by Ryorry

No, the Melbourne Test has traditionally started on Boxing Day. This year, the timings are as usual, with Brisbane usually late November. Normally followed by Adelaide & Perth (which has been moved to Hobart). Melbourne usually the 4th Test, followed by Sydney in early January.

Ashes 1st Test on 14:05 - Dec 7 with 607 viewsRadlett_blue

Ashes 1st Test on 11:40 - Dec 7 by XYZ

Both sides are (almost) equally under-prepared. England having Stokes back is a major gain - he gives the team/ squad a bit of backbone - a talisman.

Having said that, some of the lesser-rated England batters are going to have to step up.

An in-form Stokes would be a huge boost because he gives the side so much more balance. Good enough to bat at #5 & also good enough to be 3rd seamer, but he seems to have bowled far less in recent years & I think that's down to wear & tear & knee issues, especially as he plays all 3 forms of cricket. Now 30 so I'm not sure he has the stamina to bowl as a 3rd seamer on firm Australian wickets.

Ashes 1st Test on 18:29 - Dec 7 with 536 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Ashes 1st Test on 11:18 - Dec 7 by chicoazul

No way we don’t get rinsed from start to finish. The best bowling attack in the world against our band of non batting merry men? Zero chance.

I’ve had quite a stonking bet on the Aussies winning the series at 1/2 a few weeks back.

They’ll absolutely batter us I agree.

I reckon we get bowled out under 200 at least 4 times in the series

Ashes 1st Test on 18:30 - Dec 7 with 533 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Ashes 1st Test on 08:09 - Dec 7 by Reuser_is_God

First one down under that I’ve not watched since 01/02 that I’ve not watched as don’t have BT sport but will be up during the night following on TMS/Cricinfo.

Lots made of our bowling not being good enough but we’ve regularly had them 5/6 down for not very many on the recent tours only to then not finish the job. Hopefully someone like Wood will help in that regard.

I have a sneaky feeling of 2-2, but that relies on Root carrying on his form.

Whack a stream on and they’ll have the BT Coverage. Cricfree/hesgoal both show the BT coverage about 15 seconds delayed.

Ashes 1st Test on 18:34 - Dec 7 with 528 viewsRadlett_blue

Ashes 1st Test on 18:29 - Dec 7 by The_Romford_Blue

I’ve had quite a stonking bet on the Aussies winning the series at 1/2 a few weeks back.

They’ll absolutely batter us I agree.

I reckon we get bowled out under 200 at least 4 times in the series

Bet of the season, IMO. Is 1-2 still available?

Ashes 1st Test on 18:47 - Dec 7 with 513 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Only just seen it is on BT Sport.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Ashes 1st Test on 19:53 - Dec 7 with 467 viewsMelford

I'll be watching most of it, apart from Sunday I work 10.30-3 then 6-9 split shifts so I can stay up and have a sleep in the day.

Couple of months ago I was 5-0, but now Stokes is back. The Tim Paine wangergate thing leaving them with a rookie captain and keeper and no Test cricket for 18 months and weather that's more like England in April gives us a chance.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Ashes 1st Test on 23:36 - Dec 7 with 406 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Ashes 1st Test on 18:34 - Dec 7 by Radlett_blue

Bet of the season, IMO. Is 1-2 still available?

1/3 generally now

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024