Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
While we’re awash with good news, how’s COVID going these days? 11:43 - Sep 28 with 2183 viewsIllinoisblue

Anyone still testing or isolating when sick? Wearing face masks?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

While we’re awash with good news, how’s COVID going these days? on 11:47 - Sep 28 with 2137 viewsdavblue

I test if i don't feel great, isolated when i had it 6 weeks ago and i still wear a mask in shops, and at Heathrow last week and on the plane.

There weren't many people who did wear a mask, if it does help me not get it then it's a bonus as it's very disruptive when you get it with parents, kids etc.
While we’re awash with good news, how’s COVID going these days? on 11:57 - Sep 28 with 2104 viewsChurchman

While we’re awash with good news, how’s COVID going these days? on 11:47 - Sep 28 by davblue

I test if i don't feel great, isolated when i had it 6 weeks ago and i still wear a mask in shops, and at Heathrow last week and on the plane.

There weren't many people who did wear a mask, if it does help me not get it then it's a bonus as it's very disruptive when you get it with parents, kids etc.

I don’t wear a mask, but I do test before visiting an elderly relation. I use hand gel and keep a small bottle in the car and observe the hygiene basics and avoid crowds in shops and places where possible. I will also get a booster when invited.

In addition to the three vaccinations I’ve had to date, I did catch it from Mrs C in July so I’m pretty immunised for another month - hopefully.
While we’re awash with good news, how’s COVID going these days? on 12:00 - Sep 28 with 2090 viewsSwansea_Blue

Apart from being followed around by Bill Gates' team, it's all good. Not mask wearing, but still testing sometimes.

It's a proper cold season this year for the first time in a long time. i've forgotten what a pain they are.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

While we’re awash with good news, how’s COVID going these days? on 12:03 - Sep 28 with 2074 viewsITFC_Forever

Ipswich Hospital have re-introduced facemasks due to increased number of cases.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

While we’re awash with good news, how’s COVID going these days? on 12:13 - Sep 28 with 2047 viewsSikamikanico

Wear face masks when having hospital visits and to the GP's.

We all currently have a cold and have tested.

My brother's other half is a carer for her grandfather with many health conditions so we test whenever we meet them just in case.

Not been on a plane since mid-march 2020 and probably won't go on one until next year (finances dependent)
While we’re awash with good news, how’s COVID going these days? on 12:15 - Sep 28 with 2033 viewsIllinoisblue

While we’re awash with good news, how’s COVID going these days? on 12:03 - Sep 28 by ITFC_Forever

Ipswich Hospital have re-introduced facemasks due to increased number of cases.

I saw a headline on CNN that said UK has seen a 30% rise in covid cases. Just adds to the current mood of unbridled euphoria, doesn’t it?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

While we’re awash with good news, how’s COVID going these days? on 12:19 - Sep 28 with 2027 viewsSteve_M

It's definitely still there. Anecdotally a few cases around but suspect a lot of people aren't even testing and won't until we get into Winter.

A few people around wearing masks but I have only done so on planes recently, suspect that might need to change to all public transport at some point this Winter.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

While we’re awash with good news, how’s COVID going these days? on 13:05 - Sep 28 with 1938 viewsMalcolmMeatballHead

My son tested positive yesterday. First I've heard of anybody having it in months
Login to get fewer ads

While we’re awash with good news, how’s COVID going these days? on 13:17 - Sep 28 with 1898 viewsStokieBlue

While we’re awash with good news, how’s COVID going these days? on 12:19 - Sep 28 by Steve_M

It's definitely still there. Anecdotally a few cases around but suspect a lot of people aren't even testing and won't until we get into Winter.

A few people around wearing masks but I have only done so on planes recently, suspect that might need to change to all public transport at some point this Winter.

It would be a good move to have mask wearing on public transport in the Winter but I think it would be incredibly hard to implement.

Last year I suggested that it would be sensible to have mask wearing every winter on public transport because it would also suppress flu cases (looking at Australia it could be a big flu year) as well as Covid and I was shouted down.

It'll be a voluntary thing if it's implemented.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

While we’re awash with good news, how’s COVID going these days? on 13:22 - Sep 28 with 1873 viewsSlippinJimmyJuan

I still test and isolate where suitable, working from home means I can. I wore a mask for a long time after most people had thrown theirs in the bin, but although there is still some benefit to wearing a mask, it is quite small when most people aren't. Which is the main reason I was quite frustrated when they relaxed mask rules - other people's decisions undermining your own. I do wear one when in health care settings though, although this seems to be becoming rarer too.

I have noticed that most hand sanitiser dispensers tend to be empty when shopping now, only really the supermarkets that keep on top of it and even then it's clearly not a priority. Think we have failed to learn many of the lessons we should have, the next pandemic might not be so easy to do that with.

Poll: What is your milk of choice?

While we’re awash with good news, how’s COVID going these days? on 14:53 - Sep 28 with 1629 viewsFrimleyBlue

I wear a mask to protect others if I'm going indoors somewhere where space is a luxury. But other than that I've just got the feeling now that if I get it for the 4th time.and it kills me then its my time. Been vaxxed 3 times. That's enough for me.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

While we’re awash with good news, how’s COVID going these days? on 15:11 - Sep 28 with 1586 viewsEJP

While we’re awash with good news, how’s COVID going these days? on 12:15 - Sep 28 by Illinoisblue

I saw a headline on CNN that said UK has seen a 30% rise in covid cases. Just adds to the current mood of unbridled euphoria, doesn’t it?

Wonder how much the figures will rise after a week of “the queue”?
While we’re awash with good news, how’s COVID going these days? on 15:13 - Sep 28 with 1586 viewsEJP

7 of us caught it in Florida at the end of August.
We wore masks on the flight, public places and in the lines for rides at Disney/Universal - suspect we caught it whilst on the actual rides.
While we’re awash with good news, how’s COVID going these days? on 15:57 - Sep 28 with 1524 viewsfactual_blue

Chez Factual is a Covid hotspot at the moment. But we're feeling a lot better, and I stacked 366 logs today.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

While we’re awash with good news, how’s COVID going these days? on 16:59 - Sep 28 with 1457 viewsSteve_M

While we’re awash with good news, how’s COVID going these days? on 13:17 - Sep 28 by StokieBlue

It would be a good move to have mask wearing on public transport in the Winter but I think it would be incredibly hard to implement.

Last year I suggested that it would be sensible to have mask wearing every winter on public transport because it would also suppress flu cases (looking at Australia it could be a big flu year) as well as Covid and I was shouted down.

It'll be a voluntary thing if it's implemented.

SB

If people think cases are heading upwards then I think it will come back to some extent. The public were ahead of the government on the mask wearing last December.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

While we’re awash with good news, how’s COVID going these days? on 17:01 - Sep 28 with 1439 viewsStokieBlue

While we’re awash with good news, how’s COVID going these days? on 16:59 - Sep 28 by Steve_M

If people think cases are heading upwards then I think it will come back to some extent. The public were ahead of the government on the mask wearing last December.

It's more that even if we aren't heading upwards it would also counter flu and anything else that spreads in the air in the winter.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

While we’re awash with good news, how’s COVID going these days? on 17:28 - Sep 28 with 1408 viewsMullet

My Auntie caught it in hospital this week.

Cases in school aren't being reported at all as people simply aren't testing but we've had some "bugs" going round.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

While we’re awash with good news, how’s COVID going these days? on 17:31 - Sep 28 with 1402 viewsjeera

I always do a test before a medical appointment for obvious reasons.

Don't want to take anything in there with me unintentionally.

That's probably about it atm.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

While we’re awash with good news, how’s COVID going these days? on 17:47 - Sep 28 with 1371 viewsjas0999

Always using hand gel. If not feeling well, then I stay home - regardless of whether it’s covid or a bad cold. We encourage all staff to stay out of the office if unwell.

For me, it’s not just covid. It’s flu, bugs, colds etc.

I wear a mask on a plane or large crowded indoor space, But perhaps not as regularly as before.
While we’re awash with good news, how’s COVID going these days? on 17:53 - Sep 28 with 1353 viewsDanTheMan

Yes to the first two questions, not often to the third question.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

While we’re awash with good news, how’s COVID going these days? on 17:55 - Sep 28 with 1342 viewsbluelagos

You see the odd person with face masks, usually the elderly who are more vulnerable.

I do know they are starting with another round of booster jabs as we speak. Think it's over 75s at the moment, no idea whether they go for everyone, over 50s or stick with over 75s.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

While we’re awash with good news, how’s COVID going these days? on 18:00 - Sep 28 with 1321 viewsjeera

While we’re awash with good news, how’s COVID going these days? on 17:55 - Sep 28 by bluelagos

You see the odd person with face masks, usually the elderly who are more vulnerable.

I do know they are starting with another round of booster jabs as we speak. Think it's over 75s at the moment, no idea whether they go for everyone, over 50s or stick with over 75s.

I've been offered one so it's already down to the over 50s mate.

They're starting with the most cherished among us so you'll have to wait your turn.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

[Redacted] on 18:25 - Sep 28 with 1263 viewsvictorywilhappen

[Redacted]
While we’re awash with good news, how’s COVID going these days? on 22:37 - Sep 28 with 1088 viewsBury_St_Edmundson

I wear a mask when I do my weekly shop in Asda

I no longer judge those who do or do not, only those who bother to put on one, then leave it under their freaking chin all the time they're in the shop

that's a new level of psychopath in the making
While we’re awash with good news, how’s COVID going these days? on 22:51 - Sep 28 with 1076 viewsElderGrizzly

In-laws just got back from 3 weeks in the USA. Both tested positive on landing day!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024