Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I know public speaking isn't for everyone 14:50 - Oct 14 with 2235 viewshomer_123

and it's isn't the main strength a PM needs but she is just so so bad - it really works against her doesn't it.

Stiff, robotic, insincere - there is nothing natural about her is there?

You don't listen to her and think 'credible' in any way.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

I know public speaking isn't for everyone on 14:52 - Oct 14 with 1921 viewsjeera

I couldn't bring myself to watch it.

You know what you're going to get and from the few posts I've seen on here already she obviously didn't exceed any expectations.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

I know public speaking isn't for everyone on 14:52 - Oct 14 with 1915 viewsGeomorph

seems like we've gone from one ridiculous extreme of the oratory spectrum, to the other
I know public speaking isn't for everyone on 15:01 - Oct 14 with 1862 viewsDubtractor

It's not the main strength needed, but it IS really important.

Everything you say is listened to by potentially millions - you almost need to be a salesman and sell what you're saying to everyone that does listen, otherwise this is what happens. It's exactly why Johnson was able to bring a lot of the country with him, despite everything.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

I know public speaking isn't for everyone on 15:02 - Oct 14 with 1856 viewsbournemouthblue

I know public speaking isn't for everyone on 14:52 - Oct 14 by Geomorph

seems like we've gone from one ridiculous extreme of the oratory spectrum, to the other

Boris was an alright speaker and was good at framing an argument in the way Joe Public could understand

When challenged, he soon crumbled, Starmer rinsed him in the commons fairly regularly but Joe Public isn't bothered by this

He's somehow created a persona where he could fail continuously and Joe Public on the street would lap up his eccentrically British bumbliness, putting it down as posh charm. It shows how blissfully ignorant vast swatches of the population are when it comes to politics to be quite frank.

Truss looks so out of her depth, it's amazing. When you look at her record, she truly has failed up.

The general feeling is whatever department she has been in, she's done a fairly poor job so why would it be any different as PM?
[Post edited 14 Oct 2022 15:07]

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

I know public speaking isn't for everyone on 15:12 - Oct 14 with 1767 viewsJ2BLUE

Genuinely painful to watch.

All politicians talk rubbish but she just keeps parroting the same line. Incredibly arrogant. I hope she's gone very soon.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

I know public speaking isn't for everyone on 15:13 - Oct 14 with 1743 viewsRyorry

I know public speaking isn't for everyone on 15:02 - Oct 14 by bournemouthblue

Boris was an alright speaker and was good at framing an argument in the way Joe Public could understand

When challenged, he soon crumbled, Starmer rinsed him in the commons fairly regularly but Joe Public isn't bothered by this

He's somehow created a persona where he could fail continuously and Joe Public on the street would lap up his eccentrically British bumbliness, putting it down as posh charm. It shows how blissfully ignorant vast swatches of the population are when it comes to politics to be quite frank.

Truss looks so out of her depth, it's amazing. When you look at her record, she truly has failed up.

The general feeling is whatever department she has been in, she's done a fairly poor job so why would it be any different as PM?
[Post edited 14 Oct 2022 15:07]

The reason I didn't go into politics is that verbally, I lack the gift of the gab. Can see now that needn't have been a barrier!

BBC Business Editor on BBC1 a few mins ago talking about UK economics - "Liz Truss has removed a central plank from the UK economy" 😂

Poll: Time of the annunciation

I know public speaking isn't for everyone on 15:14 - Oct 14 with 1743 viewsjeera

I know public speaking isn't for everyone on 15:12 - Oct 14 by J2BLUE

Genuinely painful to watch.

All politicians talk rubbish but she just keeps parroting the same line. Incredibly arrogant. I hope she's gone very soon.

If we ever get a normal person again for a PM we're not going to know what to do with ourselves.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

I know public speaking isn't for everyone on 15:21 - Oct 14 with 1700 viewsNthQldITFC

I'm not sure if this has been picked up anywhere else yet, but having heard her usual waffle in the car on the way home, I noticed that her speech went along the lines of '[blah-blah] international situation [blah-blah] deliver growth' then "I want to be honest, this is difficult."

I don't know if she's just got crap speech writers or whether they did it deliberately, but if you take the double-quoted bit out of context, or replace the comma with a semi-colon, you come up with a truth which she is probably not very keen on admitting!

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Login to get fewer ads

I know public speaking isn't for everyone on 15:24 - Oct 14 with 1670 viewsclive_baker

It's not the main strength but it's certainly a massive one, as the front man / woman, its vital. So much of it is about how a PM is viewed domestically and internationally. They of course need the smarts to back up what they're saying and oversee a government, having the foresight to put the right people into the right roles. But so much is about how they present themselves and that's in a large part through their verbal communication. Truss is woeful.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

I know public speaking isn't for everyone on 15:25 - Oct 14 with 1661 viewsgiant_stow

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

I know public speaking isn't for everyone on 15:37 - Oct 14 with 1581 viewsdavblue

think the country is desperate for someone decent and honest as the PM.

Maybe that's impossible but these charlatans are awful. The Conservative party, what are they thinking, they obviously wanted a puppet fronting them up but as you say she's so awful at public speaking it's a no win situation.
I know public speaking isn't for everyone on 15:54 - Oct 14 with 1453 viewsKeno

I know public speaking isn't for everyone on 15:37 - Oct 14 by davblue

Maybe that's impossible but these charlatans are awful. The Conservative party, what are they thinking, they obviously wanted a puppet fronting them up but as you say she's so awful at public speaking it's a no win situation.

"think the country is desperate for someone decent and honest as the PM"

come on we dont want McKenna leaving Town yet

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

I know public speaking isn't for everyone on 16:32 - Oct 14 with 1355 viewsFrimleyBlue

However. Energy drinking game is a lot of fun.

On average she must say the word energy at least 30 times per speech.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

I know public speaking isn't for everyone on 16:38 - Oct 14 with 1346 viewsclive_baker

I know public speaking isn't for everyone on 16:32 - Oct 14 by FrimleyBlue

However. Energy drinking game is a lot of fun.

On average she must say the word energy at least 30 times per speech.

When you said energy drinking game I thought for a second you meant energy drinks. You'll have a life expectancy shorter than a Tory chancellor on those things.

I know public speaking isn't for everyone on 16:41 - Oct 14 with 1336 viewsazuremerlangus

I know public speaking isn't for everyone on 15:37 - Oct 14 by davblue

Doesn’t say much for a political party with a majority of 80ish seats if they cannot come up with an honest and competent leader.

Poll: What type of manager will we get?

I know public speaking isn't for everyone on 16:43 - Oct 14 with 1326 viewsjaykay

I know public speaking isn't for everyone on 15:01 - Oct 14 by Dubtractor

Everything you say is listened to by potentially millions - you almost need to be a salesman and sell what you're saying to everyone that does listen, otherwise this is what happens. It's exactly why Johnson was able to bring a lot of the country with him, despite everything.

i hear this a lot about how good johnston was at speeches , all i ever heard when he spoke was errr, ummm, but, where was i etc. not that i listen a lot to that buffoon but can't remember any of his so called speeches. oh i forgot one ,i think it was about peppa pig

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

I know public speaking isn't for everyone on 16:48 - Oct 14 with 1289 viewsDubtractor

I know public speaking isn't for everyone on 16:43 - Oct 14 by jaykay

i hear this a lot about how good johnston was at speeches , all i ever heard when he spoke was errr, ummm, but, where was i etc. not that i listen a lot to that buffoon but can't remember any of his so called speeches. oh i forgot one ,i think it was about peppa pig

That's a fair observation, and tbh I think his gloss came off over time, so whereas in his earlier days as PM (and before that) he could be convincing, he was less so as time went on and people could see through his BS.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

I know public speaking isn't for everyone on 16:55 - Oct 14 with 1256 viewsBlueBadger

I know public speaking isn't for everyone on 16:41 - Oct 14 by azuremerlangus

Doesn’t say much for a political party with a majority of 80ish seats if they cannot come up with an honest and competent leader.

The Tories haven't had one of those this century.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

I know public speaking isn't for everyone on 16:55 - Oct 14 with 1255 viewsChondzoresk

I know public speaking isn't for everyone on 14:52 - Oct 14 by jeera

I couldn't bring myself to watch it.

You know what you're going to get and from the few posts I've seen on here already she obviously didn't exceed any expectations.

She was awful. Look at Obama's public speaking, he held everyone's attention.
I know public speaking isn't for everyone on 17:12 - Oct 14 with 1229 viewsChurchman

I know public speaking isn't for everyone on 16:48 - Oct 14 by Dubtractor

That's a fair observation, and tbh I think his gloss came off over time, so whereas in his earlier days as PM (and before that) he could be convincing, he was less so as time went on and people could see through his BS.

I actually think Johnson was a pretty good public speaker overall. He engaged with his audience, did plenty of the basics and had a sort of charisma (poor word, but best I can find at the moment). Ok, it was mostly lies, fantasy, waffle, buffoonery and hope for the best, but when he spoke people tended to listen. Blair was an excellent public speaker, even when he was telling barefaced lies. He’s still good to this day. Cameron wasn’t the worst either.

May was poor but Truss plumbs the depths. There’s nothing about her delivery, body language, obviously content that says she wants to be there. Todays ramble was only short, but it was hard to listen to because in addition to missing the words ‘I resign’ she was so bad at it.

Like it or not, in their job public speaking is important in the 21st century. I wish it was all about just doing the job well, but it isn’t. Public speaking is hard. For some people it comes easily (e.g. Blair), for others they have to work at it and at best they’ll sound like speak your weight machines (Thatcher), but get the message out.

In a previous life I and my colleagues had to do presentations and I was ok with them, but boy did we have to work at it. Truss clearly hasn’t. I suspect her arrogance tells her she doesn’t need to.
I know public speaking isn't for everyone on 17:18 - Oct 14 with 1215 viewsclive_baker

I'm not used to public squeaking. I piss pronunciate a lot of my worms.

I know public speaking isn't for everyone on 17:56 - Oct 14 with 1149 viewsBlueBadger

I know public speaking isn't for everyone on 15:01 - Oct 14 by Dubtractor

The 'Lambert effect' in action.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

I know public speaking isn't for everyone on 18:33 - Oct 14 with 1081 viewsSwansea_Blue

I know public speaking isn't for everyone on 16:41 - Oct 14 by azuremerlangus

They sacrificed their more honest and competent people on the altar of Brexit didn’t they. Not that there were many of them.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

I know public speaking isn't for everyone on 18:34 - Oct 14 with 1079 viewsjas0999

Isn’t it a main strength needed though? As PM she needs to at the very least speak publicly to reassure folk - even if it’s rubbish. Her lack of ability to speak in public is a real hinderance.
I know public speaking isn't for everyone on 18:57 - Oct 14 with 1048 viewsXYZ

I know public speaking isn't for everyone on 16:48 - Oct 14 by Dubtractor

Yeah, that one on 7 February 2020 in Greenwich about standing up for the economy by ignoring dangerous viruses and carrying on as normal was great.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024