Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bersant Celina 23:29 - Nov 10 with 3967 viewsFixed_It

10 starts, 3 appearances from the bench, 1 goal, one assist. Not exactly setting the world alight. Do we miss him?

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Bersant Celina on 23:41 - Nov 10 with 3404 viewsBlueBadger

He's no Alan Judge, that's for sure.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Bersant Celina on 08:08 - Nov 11 with 3107 viewsFartman

Too many of days, between each highlight. Went for money in a turbulent league, rather than rebuilding his career in a stable and environment. Having a highly skilled manager who would be able to get the best out of him. Move on:)

"Success is not final; failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts." -- Winston S. Churchill

Bersant Celina on 08:17 - Nov 11 with 3067 viewsITFC_Forever

No, and I may have been in the minority, but I really wasn't that fussed we didn't re-sign him in the summer.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Bersant Celina on 08:29 - Nov 11 with 3024 viewsGarv

Based on those stats and the fact we're currently second, no. But based on what we actually saw of him during the second half of last season, potentially yes. Everything went through him and he was the heartbeat of the team in the final third of the pitch. The players currently playing in that position, mainly Chaplin and Harness, aren't quite offering the same output at the moment.

Ask again at the end of the season.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Bersant Celina on 08:37 - Nov 11 with 2951 viewsclive_baker

I think he would be very handy, especially in Aluko’s absence. Chaplin & Harness offer a lot of energy but Celina’s ability to look after the ball is something I would’ve had here in a heartbeat. If it was an either / or between him and Harness then it’s perhaps a tougher one to answer, I dare say Harness has the nod for his contribution thus far, although that was mostly early season and his recent form isn’t quite so impressive.

This is based on nothing but instinct but I don’t think Celina wanted to go to Turkiye. He bailed once on the move before he signed which tells you something, he’s there for the money and maybe it became a pride thing when we wouldn’t stump up what they were paying. It’s not a move for football reasons is it.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Bersant Celina on 08:41 - Nov 11 with 2919 viewsDubtractor

Bersant Celina on 08:29 - Nov 11 by Garv

Based on those stats and the fact we're currently second, no. But based on what we actually saw of him during the second half of last season, potentially yes. Everything went through him and he was the heartbeat of the team in the final third of the pitch. The players currently playing in that position, mainly Chaplin and Harness, aren't quite offering the same output at the moment.

Agree with this.

Based on our overall performances and results so far you'd so we're doing fine without him, but I suspect he could have made the difference in some of the games where we have dropped points - looking after the ball better in games against Wednesday, Plymouth and Charlton where the game got a bit chaotic, or a bit more composure in the final third against Lincoln.

I'm hoping that a slightly less busy November will allow the likes of Harness and Chaplin to get back on their game for the busy December and January period.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Bersant Celina on 08:41 - Nov 11 with 2917 viewsitfcjoe

There's certainly been many games we have done so - especially with Aluko long term injured he'd have been absolutely ideal to still have here

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Bersant Celina on 08:51 - Nov 11 with 2851 viewsBiGDonnie

It's all good, he's going to sign for our first season back in the championship.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

Bersant Celina on 08:52 - Nov 11 with 2847 viewsKieran_Knows

Yes. Would have him back in a heartbeat.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Bersant Celina on 08:57 - Nov 11 with 2828 viewsitfcjoe

Bersant Celina on 08:37 - Nov 11 by clive_baker

I think he would be very handy, especially in Aluko’s absence. Chaplin & Harness offer a lot of energy but Celina’s ability to look after the ball is something I would’ve had here in a heartbeat. If it was an either / or between him and Harness then it’s perhaps a tougher one to answer, I dare say Harness has the nod for his contribution thus far, although that was mostly early season and his recent form isn’t quite so impressive.

This is based on nothing but instinct but I don’t think Celina wanted to go to Turkiye. He bailed once on the move before he signed which tells you something, he’s there for the money and maybe it became a pride thing when we wouldn’t stump up what they were paying. It’s not a move for football reasons is it.

He's not there for the money, he's there because he literally had no other option - even after trying to bounce us into the move after he went out there and then came back to try and get it moving here

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Bersant Celina on 09:01 - Nov 11 with 2802 viewsParky

Was always going to be a stupid move going to Turkey, regardless of money.
Bersant Celina on 09:06 - Nov 11 with 2787 viewsFtnfwest

He's Town, and he knows he is.
Bersant Celina on 09:18 - Nov 11 with 2701 viewshype313

Bersant Celina on 09:06 - Nov 11 by Ftnfwest

He's Town, and he knows he is.

He'll be back, like a moth to a flame.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Bersant Celina on 09:23 - Nov 11 with 2665 viewsChrisd

Personally, think it's time to move on instead of keep dragging this up every so often.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Bersant Celina on 09:27 - Nov 11 with 2637 viewsblueislander

Bersant Celina on 08:17 - Nov 11 by ITFC_Forever

No, and I may have been in the minority, but I really wasn't that fussed we didn't re-sign him in the summer.

You and me both. I had an exchange with another poster a few days ago who seemed to think we needed him. He is far too inconsistent, and I don’t think he fits in with McKenna’s team ethic.
Bersant Celina on 09:49 - Nov 11 with 2526 viewsFixed_It

Bersant Celina on 09:23 - Nov 11 by Chrisd

Personally, think it's time to move on instead of keep dragging this up every so often.

You might think that personally, but I can guarantee that the question will be raised again in the summer.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Bersant Celina on 09:58 - Nov 11 with 2503 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Hes better than Chaplin, Harness, TJJ and Edwards.

He should've ended last season on about 15 assists but our strikers kept missing sitters that he set up for them. Do we miss him, we are second so its not like we are failing without him.

But if he was here he would still be our best attacking player.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Bersant Celina on 10:25 - Nov 11 with 2384 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Bersant Celina on 08:29 - Nov 11 by Garv

In the second half of last season Celina only started 2 of the first 7 games, then 12 of the final 16 so I’m guessing you’re referring to the latter portion when he was playing regularly

In those 16 games with Celina as the heartbeat of the team Ipswich won just 6 games, picking up 1.6ppg and averaging just under 1.2 goals per game. By comparison the 7 games where he was mostly on the bench or out of the squad we won 5, averaging 2.1ppg and 1.4 gpg. Similarly we also scored more regularly in the first half of the season (1.7gpg) where Celina only started 9 times (combination of late signing, injury and rotation), our best 5 game spell being Shrewsbury to Plymouth where he didn’t start a single game

It’s almost like having everything go through a player that doesn’t actually contribute a lot makes the team a lot worse

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Bersant Celina on 10:28 - Nov 11 with 2368 viewsStokieBlue

Bersant Celina on 09:27 - Nov 11 by blueislander

You and me both. I had an exchange with another poster a few days ago who seemed to think we needed him. He is far too inconsistent, and I don’t think he fits in with McKenna’s team ethic.

The two great Celina myths, he's inconsistent and he's lazy.

Both disproven in my opinion by looking at the stats from last season.

SB

Avatar - M51 - The Whirlpool Galaxy - Taken on 29th April 2024

Bersant Celina on 10:29 - Nov 11 with 2361 viewsbluefunk

Bersant Celina on 10:28 - Nov 11 by StokieBlue

The two great Celina myths, he's inconsistent and he's lazy.

Both disproven in my opinion by looking at the stats from last season.

SB

Would those be the stats the CHealy has just posted? Looks like those who weren’t that bothered about Celina had a point based on thise
Bersant Celina on 10:33 - Nov 11 with 2315 viewsStokieBlue

Bersant Celina on 10:29 - Nov 11 by bluefunk

Would those be the stats the CHealy has just posted? Looks like those who weren’t that bothered about Celina had a point based on thise

No they wouldn't, not that fair to blame a single player for team stats especially with no context of the opposition or the matches themselves. Who else wasn't playing? Who else was in form or not in form? Were individual mistakes made?

I'm talking about the stats previously posted by Joe showing he was the most effective player in the league for attacking play or the stats regarding to assists per minute or chances created for which he was Ipswich best player.

Then there is the fact that has been mentioned that he kept putting chances on a plate for Norwood and Bonne who kept missing them.

SB

Bersant Celina on 10:42 - Nov 11 with 2242 viewsGarv

Bersant Celina on 10:25 - Nov 11 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

In the second half of last season Celina only started 2 of the first 7 games, then 12 of the final 16 so I’m guessing you’re referring to the latter portion when he was playing regularly

In those 16 games with Celina as the heartbeat of the team Ipswich won just 6 games, picking up 1.6ppg and averaging just under 1.2 goals per game. By comparison the 7 games where he was mostly on the bench or out of the squad we won 5, averaging 2.1ppg and 1.4 gpg. Similarly we also scored more regularly in the first half of the season (1.7gpg) where Celina only started 9 times (combination of late signing, injury and rotation), our best 5 game spell being Shrewsbury to Plymouth where he didn’t start a single game

It’s almost like having everything go through a player that doesn’t actually contribute a lot makes the team a lot worse

That looks like a good example of using stats for the sake of it to me. How many points we won and how many goals scored isn't necessarily a factor in proving how important a player is to how a team plays. I'm not arguing that we were better off points wise.

I also didn't take into account the first half of the season because it doesn't bear much relevance to our situation now, having had a change of manager and system, and playing a more controlled and solid style.

The fact that he was part of the rotation during the beginning of McKenna and eventually became almost a guaranteed starter says a lot and shows how important he was to how we played, which was the main point.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Bersant Celina on 10:44 - Nov 11 with 2198 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Bersant Celina on 10:33 - Nov 11 by StokieBlue

No they wouldn't, not that fair to blame a single player for team stats especially with no context of the opposition or the matches themselves. Who else wasn't playing? Who else was in form or not in form? Were individual mistakes made?

I'm talking about the stats previously posted by Joe showing he was the most effective player in the league for attacking play or the stats regarding to assists per minute or chances created for which he was Ipswich best player.

Then there is the fact that has been mentioned that he kept putting chances on a plate for Norwood and Bonne who kept missing them.

SB

He was second for chances created in the division last year however that is simply defined as a pass which precedes a shot, so no accounting for quality and therefore a rather dubious stat. For xA (which does take into account quality) he wasn’t in the top 10 in the division and for actual assists per game he had the same amount as that useless pub player Norwood

Last season was also the most productive of 26 year old Celina’s career in terms of goal contributions, so if it really was everyone else’s fault his output was so underwhelming he must have played with some really bad players previously, the poor little lamb

Bersant Celina on 10:47 - Nov 11 with 2172 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Bersant Celina on 10:42 - Nov 11 by Garv

That looks like a good example of using stats for the sake of it to me. How many points we won and how many goals scored isn't necessarily a factor in proving how important a player is to how a team plays. I'm not arguing that we were better off points wise.

I also didn't take into account the first half of the season because it doesn't bear much relevance to our situation now, having had a change of manager and system, and playing a more controlled and solid style.

The fact that he was part of the rotation during the beginning of McKenna and eventually became almost a guaranteed starter says a lot and shows how important he was to how we played, which was the main point.

Yes, stats that show how a team performs are completely irrelevant to how a team performs. Silly me

Bersant Celina on 10:55 - Nov 11 with 2123 viewsStokieBlue

Bersant Celina on 10:44 - Nov 11 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

He was second for chances created in the division last year however that is simply defined as a pass which precedes a shot, so no accounting for quality and therefore a rather dubious stat. For xA (which does take into account quality) he wasn’t in the top 10 in the division and for actual assists per game he had the same amount as that useless pub player Norwood

Last season was also the most productive of 26 year old Celina’s career in terms of goal contributions, so if it really was everyone else’s fault his output was so underwhelming he must have played with some really bad players previously, the poor little lamb

Not sure where you got that Norwood stat from, could you please link the source?

Norwood played 9 games less (23 Vs 32) and had 3 assists less so the stat can't possibly be right unless you mean assists per minute?

I think it's crazy to think Celina wouldn't add something to our squad if he was available, more quality can never hurt.

SB

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024