Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leicester got kmck on their short list 21:47 - Jun 5 with 10025 viewsHelp

Go away
Leicester got kmck on their short list on 21:49 - Jun 5 with 6842 viewsTractorCam

No chance he would leave for another Championship club.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Leicester got kmck on their short list on 21:50 - Jun 5 with 6835 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Good for them, if true. They have picked out some good managers in the past.

Can anyone think of any good reason why McKenna would swap what he has here for them?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Leicester got kmck on their short list on 21:53 - Jun 5 with 6776 viewsSheffordBlue

Leicester got kmck on their short list on 21:50 - Jun 5 by Nthsuffolkblue

Good for them, if true. They have picked out some good managers in the past.

Can anyone think of any good reason why McKenna would swap what he has here for them?

Parachute payments - their budget will dwarf ours.

They also have one of the best training facilities in the country.

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Leicester got kmck on their short list on 21:57 - Jun 5 with 6735 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Leicester got kmck on their short list on 21:53 - Jun 5 by SheffordBlue

They haven't got any over-paid over-the-hill Premier League players left to swallow those payments up then?

I was of the understanding they are in a bit of a financial mess and an instant return to the Premier League will be an absolute must.

Are we investing to improve our training facilities? OK, I accept theirs are probably much better than what we will have even after improving them.

I just think we are far better run than they appear to be and doubt their next manager will last the season unless they have them top two from Christmas onwards. It would be a big risk to start again there when he is in the middle of a project with players he has worked successfully with here.

Leicester got kmck on their short list on 22:02 - Jun 5 with 6686 viewsCoastalblue

A club with a wage bill that's top six Premier League playing in the Championship, parachute payments or not there's going to be a lot of cloth cutting to come there.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Leicester got kmck on their short list on 22:03 - Jun 5 with 6690 viewsitfcjoe

John Percy a very reliable reporter and about as connected as anyone for the Midlands clubs

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2023/06/05/leicester-city-manager-dean-smit

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Leicester got kmck on their short list on 22:06 - Jun 5 with 6641 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Leicester got kmck on their short list on 22:03 - Jun 5 by itfcjoe

John Percy a very reliable reporter and about as connected as anyone for the Midlands clubs

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2023/06/05/leicester-city-manager-dean-smit

Somebody's misheard Maresca!

Leicester got kmck on their short list on 22:08 - Jun 5 with 6600 viewsKieran_Knows

Leicester got kmck on their short list on 21:49 - Jun 5 by TractorCam

Let’s not be silly.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Login to get fewer ads

Leicester got kmck on their short list on 22:14 - Jun 5 with 6502 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

This is Leicester we are talking about not Rotherham.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Leicester got kmck on their short list on 22:17 - Jun 5 with 6454 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Leicester got kmck on their short list on 22:14 - Jun 5 by TRUE_BLUE123

I honestly don't think it is an attractive proposition for someone looking to build a reputation.

There are, of course, Championship clubs that would be but I am not certain McKenna would be in any great hurry to jump ship to one of those either. He is in the middle of a project that is going well for him here. He knows he will be backed with an ambitious ownership. It is about the overall package and risk.

Leicester got kmck on their short list on 22:22 - Jun 5 with 6409 viewscressi

Leicester got kmck on their short list on 22:14 - Jun 5 by TRUE_BLUE123

McKenna is far to deep thinking to go there whatever anyone thinks he has some credit in the bank at Ipswich if things don't start as well as hoped since their owner died in that horrible accident Leicester have been on a downward spiral. And he will be rewarded and heavily back by Towns owners.
Leicester got kmck on their short list on 22:26 - Jun 5 with 6358 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Leicester got kmck on their short list on 22:17 - Jun 5 by Nthsuffolkblue

I honestly don't think it is an attractive proposition for someone looking to build a reputation.

There are, of course, Championship clubs that would be but I am not certain McKenna would be in any great hurry to jump ship to one of those either. He is in the middle of a project that is going well for him here. He knows he will be backed with an ambitious ownership. It is about the overall package and risk.

"There are, of course, Championship clubs that would be but I am not certain McKenna would be in any great hurry to jump ship to one of those either. He is in the middle of a project that is going well for him here. He knows he will be backed with an ambitious ownership. It is about the overall package and risk"

I do agree with this but icl this is the first (kind of) link that has made me a bit twitchy. Purely because of the facilities, the parachute payments etc. Km is a smart guy though I am sure he will stay.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Leicester got kmck on their short list on 22:32 - Jun 5 with 6272 viewsIllinoisblue

That’s nice for them.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Leicester got kmck on their short list on 22:51 - Jun 5 with 6089 viewsGuthrum

However, it also involves starting from scratch, with no goodwill in the bank if things go awry.

There is the cautionary tale of Graham Potter's journey from success at Brighton to Chelsea to being out of a job in less than a season. McKenna doesn't yet have Potter's previous record at Swansea and on the south coast to re-start his managerial progress.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Leicester got kmck on their short list on 23:26 - Jun 5 with 5838 viewsVegtablue

He wouldn't need to worry about signing Hirst

(Reply to the 'any reason' question)
[Post edited 5 Jun 2023 23:32]
Leicester got kmck on their short list on 23:51 - Jun 5 with 5751 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Leicester got kmck on their short list on 22:22 - Jun 5 by cressi

McKenna is far to deep thinking to go there whatever anyone thinks he has some credit in the bank at Ipswich if things don't start as well as hoped since their owner died in that horrible accident Leicester have been on a downward spiral. And he will be rewarded and heavily back by Towns owners.

A friend who supports Leicester tells me fans are fearful there will need to be a fire sale as the money that bankrolled them largely came from Airport Duty Free across Asia, but 2 years of Covid has left the family without their previous cash flow.

So a rebuilding project, but with fans who have become used to significant success and who therefore maybe not quite so happy to buy into it than fans who had suffered McCarthyball followed by the 3 Pauls.

If they can keep the heart of their squad together then they should be near certainties for promotion, but if cash flow problems prevent that then it could be a long winter.
Leicester got kmck on their short list on 00:32 - Jun 6 with 5647 viewsBasingstokeBlue

I still can't understand the title (is it meant to be in English), let alone the post's content.

Poll: What do you think of the three stars being relocated?

Leicester got kmck on their short list on 02:20 - Jun 6 with 5523 viewsArchiRob

Didn't think he was that short

Poll: What best describes Norwich defeat

Leicester got kmck on their short list on 06:08 - Jun 6 with 5310 viewsSheffordBlue

Leicester got kmck on their short list on 22:51 - Jun 5 by Guthrum

However, it also involves starting from scratch, with no goodwill in the bank if things go awry.

There is the cautionary tale of Graham Potter's journey from success at Brighton to Chelsea to being out of a job in less than a season. McKenna doesn't yet have Potter's previous record at Swansea and on the south coast to re-start his managerial progress.

That's very true and might depend on how much McKenna backs himself. The likelihood of a high squad churn is something that would be a big risk factor for him I think.

I think he'll stay but out of all the links that have been made with him so far this is the one that's closest to getting alarm bells ringing for me.

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Leicester got kmck on their short list on 06:24 - Jun 6 with 5259 viewsArchiRob

Leicester got kmck on their short list on 06:08 - Jun 6 by SheffordBlue

That's very true and might depend on how much McKenna backs himself. The likelihood of a high squad churn is something that would be a big risk factor for him I think.

I think he'll stay but out of all the links that have been made with him so far this is the one that's closest to getting alarm bells ringing for me.

Doesn't ring anything for me
when he goes it will be a position in a club he wants and his terms.
This is too early in his managerial career and gains nothing jumping from club to club
Leicester, Leeds are a poison chalice.

Poll: What best describes Norwich defeat

Leicester got kmck on their short list on 06:58 - Jun 6 with 5096 viewstractorboy1978

Leicester got kmck on their short list on 23:51 - Jun 5 by ArnoldMoorhen

A friend who supports Leicester tells me fans are fearful there will need to be a fire sale as the money that bankrolled them largely came from Airport Duty Free across Asia, but 2 years of Covid has left the family without their previous cash flow.

So a rebuilding project, but with fans who have become used to significant success and who therefore maybe not quite so happy to buy into it than fans who had suffered McCarthyball followed by the 3 Pauls.

If they can keep the heart of their squad together then they should be near certainties for promotion, but if cash flow problems prevent that then it could be a long winter.

They definitely won't be keeping the heart of their squad together. There is going to be a huge amount of churn at Leicester this season. They've come down with the largest wage bill in PL history. Imagine it is going to be a chaotic summer there, much like our first one under Cook and going to take a while for them to settle/blend a new squad.
Leicester got kmck on their short list on 07:09 - Jun 6 with 5035 viewsChurchman

Leicester got kmck on their short list on 06:24 - Jun 6 by ArchiRob

Doesn't ring anything for me
when he goes it will be a position in a club he wants and his terms.
This is too early in his managerial career and gains nothing jumping from club to club
Leicester, Leeds are a poison chalice.

Agreed, I’d be very surprised if he left for a club like Leicester. I could see him going to Leeds if the football club was sorted behind the scenes, but from afar they look a mess.

Some of this depends if he is settled in Suffolk, along with his family. If not then he will go for an offer like this when it comes along. If he is, then he will carry on here until his reputation earns him an offer from one of the big boys like Norwich (only joking!) down the line.
Leicester got kmck on their short list on 07:10 - Jun 6 with 5024 viewscressi

Leicester got kmck on their short list on 06:58 - Jun 6 by tractorboy1978

They definitely won't be keeping the heart of their squad together. There is going to be a huge amount of churn at Leicester this season. They've come down with the largest wage bill in PL history. Imagine it is going to be a chaotic summer there, much like our first one under Cook and going to take a while for them to settle/blend a new squad.

As I said in first post he has built up some credit at ITFC Also seem to have a good working relationship with the board and Ashton I'm sure he will be financially rewarded now a championship manager, As somebody alluded to earlier when McKenna leaves I believe he will leave on his terms, But in the mean time he needs to be successful here to keep his stock high as at some point all managers have a difficult period.
Leicester got kmck on their short list on 08:04 - Jun 6 with 4769 viewsFreddies_Ears

Leicester got kmck on their short list on 22:22 - Jun 5 by cressi

Strictly speaking the downward spiral started a few seconds earlier...

Leicester's wagebill is only 10% - 15% below Tottenham's. They will have to sell several players, and the morale of the rest isn't going to be high. For KMac, it is a far more attractive proposition to continue to build at a club where everything is joined-up, stable and moving in the right direction.
Leicester got kmck on their short list on 08:13 - Jun 6 with 4495 viewsbrazil1981

Those ‘happy Clapper’ things they seem to hand out to their fans for big games would put me off for starters!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024