Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rak-Sayki off to Leicester 11:52 - Aug 2 with 9606 viewshype313

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 11:57 - Aug 2 with 4883 viewsMatt_Netherlands

Are we even still after him? Phil suggested the other day that we are, but not sure if that was before or after Hutchinson signed?
Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 11:57 - Aug 2 with 4876 viewsBcarefulwhatUWish4

Wonder how many players Leicester have now
Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 11:58 - Aug 2 with 4850 viewsportmanking

*Sigh*

We're discovering the brutal reality of not eating at the same table financially as the relegated PL 'elite'.

Let's hope our Plan Bs and Cs come to fruition and our style of play, structure and team spirit can still take us far.
Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 12:02 - Aug 2 with 4737 viewsKeno

Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 11:58 - Aug 2 by portmanking

*Sigh*

We're discovering the brutal reality of not eating at the same table financially as the relegated PL 'elite'.

Let's hope our Plan Bs and Cs come to fruition and our style of play, structure and team spirit can still take us far.

its a real debacle now

we might just as well give up and start next season back in league one again

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 12:04 - Aug 2 with 4694 viewsSitfcB

I think we got Hutchinson in over him anyway.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 12:08 - Aug 2 with 4651 viewshomer_123

Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 11:58 - Aug 2 by portmanking

*Sigh*

Well, not really. I don't think anyone expects us to get 'every' target and there will always be competition for players of that calibre.

I would still suggest that our financial situation means we are better placed than many in the Championship to attract players.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 12:11 - Aug 2 with 4616 viewsKeno

Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 12:08 - Aug 2 by homer_123

Well, not really. I don't think anyone expects us to get 'every' target and there will always be competition for players of that calibre.

I would still suggest that our financial situation means we are better placed than many in the Championship to attract players.

yes but as Talking Blue keeps telling us we are in a mess, never get anything right and well frankly the Simms deal with done*

*done if you ignore agreeing terms with the selling club and the player but other than that is was done

Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 12:14 - Aug 2 with 4549 viewstractorboy1978

Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 12:08 - Aug 2 by homer_123

This would be a blow to be fair. We thought we were at the front of queue and have been waiting for him to be made available almost since the day we clinched promotion. We've wanted him for a long time.
Login to get fewer ads

Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 12:16 - Aug 2 with 4503 viewschenners17

Well that’s another blow considering there seemed to be confidence it was a matter of waiting for him to become available.

A when rather than if situation.

Obs not the case then
Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 12:18 - Aug 2 with 4438 viewsburnbudgiesburn

Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 12:16 - Aug 2 by chenners17

Well that’s another blow considering there seemed to be confidence it was a matter of waiting for him to become available.

Obs not the case then

I had assumed we had moved on anyway given the Hutchinson loan.

We weren't going to compete with Leicester for him, that's just reality.
Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 12:21 - Aug 2 with 4369 viewsRozz

Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 12:14 - Aug 2 by tractorboy1978

This would be a blow to be fair. We thought we were at the front of queue and have been waiting for him to be made available almost since the day we clinched promotion. We've wanted him for a long time.

It's been off since Hutchinson signed. I think they wanted to keep him for preseason and we didn't want to wait and miss out.
Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 12:21 - Aug 2 with 4362 viewschenners17

Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 12:18 - Aug 2 by burnbudgiesburn

I had assumed we had moved on anyway given the Hutchinson loan.

We weren't going to compete with Leicester for him, that's just reality.

Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 12:21 - Aug 2 with 4349 viewsBloomBlue

Hutchinson is a better player than Rak-Sayki.
Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 12:25 - Aug 2 with 4261 viewsburnbudgiesburn

Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 12:21 - Aug 2 by BloomBlue

Hutchinson is a better player than Rak-Sayki.

His ceiling is higher given he is at one of the big clubs, but he doesn't have the season of work in L1 that Rak Sakyi has.
Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 12:25 - Aug 2 with 4258 viewsTalkingBlues

Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 12:11 - Aug 2 by Keno

yes but as Talking Blue keeps telling us we are in a mess, never get anything right and well frankly the Simms deal with done*

*done if you ignore agreeing terms with the selling club and the player but other than that is was done

Recruitment has been a mess I’m afraid, we are entering the season under strength, with injuries to the existing squad and none of the “new” targets the gaffer wanted for the Championship on board, I don’t see how anyone can think that is a success.

Poll: Is it wrong to take more pleasure from seeing Germany lose, than England win

Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 12:25 - Aug 2 with 4258 viewstractorboy1978

Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 12:21 - Aug 2 by Rozz

It's been off since Hutchinson signed. I think they wanted to keep him for preseason and we didn't want to wait and miss out.

Incorrect.
Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 12:28 - Aug 2 with 4189 viewsKeno

Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 12:25 - Aug 2 by TalkingBlues

Recruitment has been a mess I’m afraid, we are entering the season under strength, with injuries to the existing squad and none of the “new” targets the gaffer wanted for the Championship on board, I don’t see how anyone can think that is a success.

well using the logic that Simms was a done deal if you are saying things are mess then they must be going ok

Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 12:31 - Aug 2 with 4145 viewsTalkingBlues

Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 12:16 - Aug 2 by chenners17

Obs not the case then

It was meant to be done and dusted, same as Simms, but as soon as other parties registered interest, we wouldn’t compete as the price would have been beyond our valuation (even in loan costs) everyone else was prepared to pay more money than us and that’s all that counts at this level.

Poll: Is it wrong to take more pleasure from seeing Germany lose, than England win

Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 12:34 - Aug 2 with 4065 viewsredrickstuhaart

Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 12:31 - Aug 2 by TalkingBlues

It was meant to be done and dusted, same as Simms, but as soon as other parties registered interest, we wouldn’t compete as the price would have been beyond our valuation (even in loan costs) everyone else was prepared to pay more money than us and that’s all that counts at this level.

You have no idea whether any of this is remotely true.

Please stop posting made up nonsense.
Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 12:34 - Aug 2 with 4039 viewsRozz

Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 12:25 - Aug 2 by tractorboy1978

Incorrect.

Says?
Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 12:36 - Aug 2 with 4001 viewsTalkingBlues

Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 12:28 - Aug 2 by Keno

well using the logic that Simms was a done deal if you are saying things are mess then they must be going ok

Simms terms had been agreed with the player, was all about negotiations with the club, same as Rak Sakyi, other parties rocked up and said they’d pay more and we moved on, the “Ipswich story” just doesn’t work above League 1, it’s all about the money and we won’t pay more than we decide we want to. Unfortunately for us, the laws of supply/demand are at work here, the League doesn’t work based on our valuation, but rather what anybody is willing to pay.

Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 12:40 - Aug 2 with 3895 viewsKeno

Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 12:36 - Aug 2 by TalkingBlues

Simms terms had been agreed with the player, was all about negotiations with the club, same as Rak Sakyi, other parties rocked up and said they’d pay more and we moved on, the “Ipswich story” just doesn’t work above League 1, it’s all about the money and we won’t pay more than we decide we want to. Unfortunately for us, the laws of supply/demand are at work here, the League doesn’t work based on our valuation, but rather what anybody is willing to pay.

so basically you think we should be paying over the odds for players?

Ive a car for sale can I sell it you?

Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 12:40 - Aug 2 with 3874 viewsMetal_Hacker

Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 12:36 - Aug 2 by TalkingBlues

Where have you got these “facts” from ?

Genuine question , are you that close to the club that your story is qualified ?

Poll: If it were one or the other

Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 12:40 - Aug 2 with 3878 viewsTalkingBlues

Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 12:34 - Aug 2 by redrickstuhaart

You have no idea whether any of this is remotely true.

Please stop posting made up nonsense.

I do actually, that def info was accurate, hence the reason there was so much confidence that he was coming on board.

Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 12:41 - Aug 2 with 3874 viewsBigCommon

Personally didn't fancy him tbh... Decent player going forwards, if a bit streaky. But workrate and defensive duties asked of all our players, is not something I've seen much from him.... See 6-0 verses Charlton..
A luxury player, that his parent club probably want guaranteed minutes for..
Is he the kind of player that will roll up his sleeves and fight for the cause?..Debatable, imo... And probably not really something that's in his skill set.
I'm really not too aggrieved by this one.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024