Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Town squad size, surely we are at 26? 09:03 - Jan 13 with 1718 viewslurcher

With the acquisition of Travis we must be at 26. If he plays it must be the case that someone has been deregistered. The club are very quiet on the matter. Or am I missing something, such as we can be in flux in the window, but must name our 25 at the end of Jan. I haven't totaled up our players, but I thought it was the case we named a 25 1 month into the season. Since then one has gone out and two have come in.
Town squad size, surely we are at 26? on 09:10 - Jan 13 with 1667 viewslurcher

So just counted and we are at 26. Our young players don't count, but I understand that all loans count regardless of age.
Town squad size, surely we are at 26? on 09:12 - Jan 13 with 1646 viewsDanTheMan

I'd have thought, if we were at capacity, we'd swap Evans out for Travis. He's not been properly fit since the start of last season.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Town squad size, surely we are at 26? on 09:13 - Jan 13 with 1639 viewsMK1

Aluko can be deregistered and we will be selling/loaning a few I would have though.
Aluko deregistered if Travis plays today.
Town squad size, surely we are at 26? on 09:17 - Jan 13 with 1610 viewsDJR

Stuart Watson earlier in the week said it would be Aluko or Evans and yesterday suggested it was Evans.
Town squad size, surely we are at 26? on 09:19 - Jan 13 with 1588 viewslurcher

Town squad size, surely we are at 26? on 09:13 - Jan 13 by MK1

Aluko can be deregistered and we will be selling/loaning a few I would have though.
Aluko deregistered if Travis plays today.

So McKenna stated recently that Evans was ahead of schedule and would play his part before the end of the year. KM was also clear about keeping Aluko as a player this season, he wanted a senior pro to be part of the players group and set an example something like a club captain. I wonder if Williams has lost his place and won't be coming back.
Town squad size, surely we are at 26? on 09:47 - Jan 13 with 1476 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

Scarlett has gone back, as has Williams. Humphreys Slicker and Baggot don't count. I make it we are at 25.

Poll: would you rather

Town squad size, surely we are at 26? on 10:08 - Jan 13 with 1372 viewsGuthrum

Town squad size, surely we are at 26? on 09:47 - Jan 13 by LegendofthePhoenix

Scarlett has gone back, as has Williams. Humphreys Slicker and Baggot don't count. I make it we are at 25.

According to the article, Williams is temporarily at ManU for assessment. The loan has not been terminated, nor is it suggested he will out long term.

So he's unlikely to have been removed from the registered squad, which is not a simple or automatic procedure (you have to apply, in writing, to the EFL for them to agree the changes).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Town squad size, surely we are at 26? on 10:23 - Jan 13 with 1299 viewsPhilTWTD

Town squad size, surely we are at 26? on 09:10 - Jan 13 by lurcher

So just counted and we are at 26. Our young players don't count, but I understand that all loans count regardless of age.

Not sure of the precise rules but obviously there must be some wriggle room during January or no new signings would be able to play until the new squad is announced in February. I'd expect one or two to move on, Ball, Ladapo, before the window closes and the new squad is announced.
Login to get fewer ads

Town squad size, surely we are at 26? on 10:23 - Jan 13 with 1289 viewsPhilTWTD

Town squad size, surely we are at 26? on 10:08 - Jan 13 by Guthrum

According to the article, Williams is temporarily at ManU for assessment. The loan has not been terminated, nor is it suggested he will out long term.

So he's unlikely to have been removed from the registered squad, which is not a simple or automatic procedure (you have to apply, in writing, to the EFL for them to agree the changes).

Indeed, Williams only back at Man U for assessment. Kieran hopes he returns.
Town squad size, surely we are at 26? on 10:52 - Jan 13 with 1186 viewsMullet

Town squad size, surely we are at 26? on 10:23 - Jan 13 by PhilTWTD

Not sure of the precise rules but obviously there must be some wriggle room during January or no new signings would be able to play until the new squad is announced in February. I'd expect one or two to move on, Ball, Ladapo, before the window closes and the new squad is announced.

I thought you had a deadline to announce your final squad once the window closed between games.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Town squad size, surely we are at 26? on 11:07 - Jan 13 with 1120 viewslurcher

Yes I expect we are OK as long as we dont field more than 25 different players in the month. Or something along those lines.
Town squad size, surely we are at 26? on 11:34 - Jan 13 with 996 viewsGuthrum

Guidance attached to EFL Regulations Section 6 Paragraph 44.9.6 says that dutring a transfer window, clubs may make changes to the squad without asking for and receiving EFL permission (as would be the case otherwise). All they need to do is inform the EFL who is on the list (presumably by midday the day before a game).

So there is considerable flexibility on a match-by-match basis during the window.

Quote in full:
Guidance
Changes inside a Transfer Window
Changes to the Squad List can be made at any time during the Transfer Window. Clubs do not need to apply to the EFL for approval to make the change, Clubs only need to make the changes via iFAS. In order to be eligible for a League Match during the Transfer Window, the Player (unless an exclusion applies) must be registered with the EFL and be included on the Squad List before the relevant League Match. The EFL recommends uploading the updated Squad List not less than 24 hours before the relevant League Match.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Town squad size, surely we are at 26? on 11:41 - Jan 13 with 960 viewsgosblue

https://www.twtd.co.uk/amp/news/45565/efl-publishes-2023-24-squad-lists

Add to that Tuanzebe, Travis and Sarmiento
Delete Scarlett and you’re right it’s 26.

I think you can sign as many as you want in the window but you can only register 25 at the end of it (registration is 2nd Feb I think).

Aluko could possibly join the coaching team but I can’t see anyone going out until we have replacements in place.
Town squad size, surely we are at 26? on 12:00 - Jan 13 with 894 viewsPhilTWTD

Town squad size, surely we are at 26? on 11:34 - Jan 13 by Guthrum

Guidance attached to EFL Regulations Section 6 Paragraph 44.9.6 says that dutring a transfer window, clubs may make changes to the squad without asking for and receiving EFL permission (as would be the case otherwise). All they need to do is inform the EFL who is on the list (presumably by midday the day before a game).

So there is considerable flexibility on a match-by-match basis during the window.

Quote in full:
Guidance
Changes inside a Transfer Window
Changes to the Squad List can be made at any time during the Transfer Window. Clubs do not need to apply to the EFL for approval to make the change, Clubs only need to make the changes via iFAS. In order to be eligible for a League Match during the Transfer Window, the Player (unless an exclusion applies) must be registered with the EFL and be included on the Squad List before the relevant League Match. The EFL recommends uploading the updated Squad List not less than 24 hours before the relevant League Match.

Thanks. I assumed it would be something along those lines.
Town squad size, surely we are at 26? on 12:45 - Jan 13 with 773 viewslurcher

Town squad size, surely we are at 26? on 11:41 - Jan 13 by gosblue

https://www.twtd.co.uk/amp/news/45565/efl-publishes-2023-24-squad-lists

Add to that Tuanzebe, Travis and Sarmiento
Delete Scarlett and you’re right it’s 26.

I think you can sign as many as you want in the window but you can only register 25 at the end of it (registration is 2nd Feb I think).

Aluko could possibly join the coaching team but I can’t see anyone going out until we have replacements in place.

Given we have a cup match I expect Aluko will stay registered. As per KMs comments at the start of the year and SA's role.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024