Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Would these be classed as private? 13:27 - Mar 7 with 3650 viewsheavyweight

Huge font in a public place - assuming this is genuine
Would these be classed as private? on 14:50 - Mar 7 with 3343 viewsGarv

Screams fake to me

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Would these be classed as private? on 14:55 - Mar 7 with 3309 viewsDanTheMan

Would these be classed as private? on 14:50 - Mar 7 by Garv

Screams fake to me

I thought the same, but he's come out saying he's reviewing his legal options so turns out it's true.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Would these be classed as private? on 15:31 - Mar 7 with 3172 viewsEireannach_gorm

Would these be classed as private? on 14:50 - Mar 7 by Garv

Screams fake to me

As mentioned in X, the text screen is not cropped properly and goes over his jacket in the first photo.
Would these be classed as private? on 15:41 - Mar 7 with 3139 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Would these be classed as private? on 14:55 - Mar 7 by DanTheMan

I thought the same, but he's come out saying he's reviewing his legal options so turns out it's true.

Not sure he would have any legal recouse would he. If I can see it from public I can photograph it

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Would these be classed as private? on 15:42 - Mar 7 with 3125 viewsZx1988

Would these be classed as private? on 15:41 - Mar 7 by BlueandTruesince82

Not sure he would have any legal recouse would he. If I can see it from public I can photograph it

That was my thinking. Surely no different to when photographers at Westminster have managed to snap details of poorly-carried documents (disregarding, of course, the possibility that said documents were deliberately visible...).

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Would these be classed as private? on 16:15 - Mar 7 with 3004 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Only if taken from a public place. All stadia are regarded as private places.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Would these be classed as private? on 16:21 - Mar 7 with 2965 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I would imagine he would if it is Photoshopped.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Would these be classed as private? on 16:25 - Mar 7 with 2927 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Would these be classed as private? on 15:42 - Mar 7 by Zx1988

That was my thinking. Surely no different to when photographers at Westminster have managed to snap details of poorly-carried documents (disregarding, of course, the possibility that said documents were deliberately visible...).

Again. All of your examples are taken from a public place.
The defining element under the law in this country is, "A reasonable expectation of privacy"

Login to get fewer ads

Would these be classed as private? on 16:30 - Mar 7 with 2901 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Would these be classed as private? on 16:25 - Mar 7 by Cheltenham_Blue

Again. All of your examples are taken from a public place.
The defining element under the law in this country is, "A reasonable expectation of privacy"

Any lawyer worth his salt would surely argue that in a stadium with 10k people plus does not meet that threshold of reasonable expectation?

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Would these be classed as private? on 16:46 - Mar 7 with 2805 viewsLankHenners

Would these be classed as private? on 16:30 - Mar 7 by BlueandTruesince82

Any lawyer worth his salt would surely argue that in a stadium with 10k people plus does not meet that threshold of reasonable expectation?

They might but more to the point personal messages on a phone would be considered private and in this instance there isn't any public interest angle to justify taking pictures of them and sharing them.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Would these be classed as private? on 17:55 - Mar 7 with 2642 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Would these be classed as private? on 16:30 - Mar 7 by BlueandTruesince82

As this image was taken on private property without permission to do so, there is a reasonable expectation of privacy.

I mean, I'm only talking from the basis of 20 years in the industry having seen multiple cases of the same nature, and 10 years teaching in media ethics and law, so, make of that what you will.

Would these be classed as private? on 17:57 - Mar 7 with 2637 viewsNthQldITFC

Would these be classed as private? on 15:31 - Mar 7 by Eireannach_gorm

As mentioned in X, the text screen is not cropped properly and goes over his jacket in the first photo.

I can see why they say that, but I think that's an artefact of the jpeg in this case - it looks real to me.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Would these be classed as private? on 18:07 - Mar 7 with 2579 viewsCaptainAhab

Would these be classed as private? on 17:57 - Mar 7 by NthQldITFC

I can see why they say that, but I think that's an artefact of the jpeg in this case - it looks real to me.

Zoom in on the bottom left of the phone screen, it's quite clearly been overlayed on top of the jacket/hood. There's a straight line where the curve of the hood should still be.
Also the angle of the text at the top doesn't seem quite right to me either.
Looks fake for sure
Would these be classed as private? on 18:15 - Mar 7 with 2540 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Would these be classed as private? on 18:07 - Mar 7 by CaptainAhab

Zoom in on the bottom left of the phone screen, it's quite clearly been overlayed on top of the jacket/hood. There's a straight line where the curve of the hood should still be.
Looks fake for sure

I'm not suggesting it isn't fake, but I'd be more inclined to go with that it looks massively over-sharpened.

Would these be classed as private? on 19:03 - Mar 7 with 2388 viewsNthQldITFC

Would these be classed as private? on 18:07 - Mar 7 by CaptainAhab

Looks fake for sure

I see that, but I strongly suspect there's an (actual, real world) fuzzy edge to the hood which some of the screen light passes through, and the compression algorithm used to create the jpeg has interpreted that in-between colour as the screen colour to increase compression ratio.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Would these be classed as private? on 19:29 - Mar 7 with 2293 viewsCaptainAhab

Would these be classed as private? on 19:03 - Mar 7 by NthQldITFC

I see that, but I strongly suspect there's an (actual, real world) fuzzy edge to the hood which some of the screen light passes through, and the compression algorithm used to create the jpeg has interpreted that in-between colour as the screen colour to increase compression ratio.

Possible yeah. Still looks suss to me though
Would these be classed as private? on 23:20 - Mar 7 with 1996 viewsGuthrum

Would these be classed as private? on 17:57 - Mar 7 by NthQldITFC

The biggest issue for me is accurate focus at all depths. You can see individual hairs on his head and read the text on the screen. Most phone cameras will fixate on a single point.

Cheltenham Blue might be the poster to ask, but what kind of lens would do that? How far away could the taker have been?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Would these be classed as private? on 23:21 - Mar 7 with 1994 viewsGuthrum

Would these be classed as private? on 18:15 - Mar 7 by Cheltenham_Blue

I'm not suggesting it isn't fake, but I'd be more inclined to go with that it looks massively over-sharpened.

Hadn't read your post when I wrote mine.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Would these be classed as private? on 23:34 - Mar 7 with 1970 viewsmrfixit426

Would these be classed as private? on 23:20 - Mar 7 by Guthrum

The biggest issue for me is accurate focus at all depths. You can see individual hairs on his head and read the text on the screen. Most phone cameras will fixate on a single point.

Cheltenham Blue might be the poster to ask, but what kind of lens would do that? How far away could the taker have been?

Putting phone graphics into phones in vfx shots is part of what I do for a job. Usually you would add some light bleed around the edges, but in this one it's super sharp.

However, it looks extremely digitally zoomed in and is also compressed. This does weird stuff to an image, particularly when you have super bright elements.
Would these be classed as private? on 09:17 - Mar 10 with 1442 viewsNeedhamChris

Well they weren't wrong about the manager having to go...

Poll: Who will Kieran McKenna be managing on 1st August 2024

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024