Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Here is the problem as I see it. 08:44 - Jan 19 with 776 viewsbadadski

before long if we keep doing what we are doing then relegation looms.
Mick understood from the off that we don't have the money to buy skilled enough players to outplay the opposition so went about getting dogged and physical players to frustrate and bully instead.

As supporters we didn't like this and it seems like some one else pointed out that Mick is now stuck between a rock and a hard place. He has slowly replaced the dogged physical core and replaced with more technically able, but who are being played out of the game by the other half of the team stuck in a previous mindset or not skilled enough to change styles.

I also hate to say our main problem at the moment and this is no coincidence is Webster coming in and smith being injured. Berra is half the player when smith is not along side him, the two together rarely lost an aerial battle but at the moment time and time again we are second to aerial balls.

I also note that if we keep in loaning in players, selling our better or skilled players and not replacing like for like but with squad fillers and lower league then we will soon be joining the leagues that theses players came from. Our main core is getting older and will not sustain this leagues level as is already happening, the good loan signings leave at the end of their stay and leave a vacant position which takes time to fill again so usually ends up with a squad filler out of position playing there.

We try buying in younger lower league, some will work some won't but as time goes on the squad is getting smaller and smaller, the players we used to rely on are getting older and can't be relied, we are getting injuries but no longer have the physical attributes to stand up to teams do like us a few seasons ago, the bully has become the bullied.

Basically it's not sustainable what we are doing, too many loans, not enough like for like replacements after key sales, too many squad fillers with other teams throw aways will lead us to relegation. This division is already breaking away and if you can't or don't want to compete with spending then it's all down hill. I heard we have put in multiple high value offers but offering a high amount that we know isn't enough is the same as not offering st all, it's pointless and seems to be done every season more to look good and appease the fans rather than knowingly being enough to get the sale. I can put a stupid offer in for a Ferrari but if it's half the amount on the price tag it wil be rejected. It's being done more it seems so we have an excuse for the fans not because we think it will be enough to get the player.

Sorry for grammar And spelling but done on iphone
[Post edited 19 Jan 2017 8:48]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024