Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cauley Woodrow - new striker lined up? 06:41 - Jan 27 with 1108 viewskentishblue

I'm trying to use logic from the last months news/ rumours....

At the end of December it was reported that we were close to signing Woodrow and Ward..we have made numerous bids in the meantime and have not got anyone in who has cost more than £10k so far...

This morning it's reported that Woodrow is close to joining Burton? I don't believe Burton ( I hope!) would offer more than us, so on the basis he was somewhere on our shortlist for strikers it would be logical that we have firm encouragement from one or more of our other bids if we would let him join somebody else.

Maybe clutching at straws but I can't believe now that we are only going to end up with a last minute loan striker....🤔

Cauley Woodrow - new striker lined up? on 07:44 - Jan 27 with 937 viewsTLA

Isn't he going to Burton on loan? I think the issue was we were interested in a permanent deal and Fulham wanted him on loan - maybe that's all it cam down to.

They also might think he'll get more game time at Burton.

I'd personally not be that interested in a loan player who is not for sale later, given the position we're in.
Cauley Woodrow - new striker lined up? on 07:52 - Jan 27 with 913 viewsITFCBlues

Maybe we didn't actually want Woodrow? I'm also guessing that the Ward fee has just got out of control - QPR having bids of around 2m? Seems stupid for a player soon to be out of contract

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Cauley Woodrow - new striker lined up? on 08:32 - Jan 27 with 844 viewskentishblue

Cauley Woodrow - new striker lined up? on 07:52 - Jan 27 by ITFCBlues

Maybe we didn't actually want Woodrow? I'm also guessing that the Ward fee has just got out of control - QPR having bids of around 2m? Seems stupid for a player soon to be out of contract

I'd be surprised if Rotherham don't end up selling Ward in Jan, they look like going down so why wouldn't they want to pocket money to boost a promotion push next season rather than let him go for free in the summer.

It's a lot of money but between £2m- £2.5m should do it.

Personally would prefer Hugill if we can get him.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024