Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
modern football/ who'd be an owner 12:59 - Mar 18 with 751 viewsAxeldalai_lama

First I'll say I'm no apologist for Evans and think he has been ridiculously bad and clueless and the way he has done pretty much everything could and should have been better. I think it's time for him to go and he seems to have lost the plot in many respects. He has under invested and he knew what he was getting into buying a football club etc etc.

BUT.....
Having said all that it does show how bat sh1t mental football at this level has become.
A few years back would people be talking about club owners effectively subsidising the ticket price? Our entire turnover doesn't even equal the wage bill ffs. The fact that ME has let the stadium go to sh1t and underinvested potentially behind the scenes shows that he should have been spending even more money.
All these things are not unreasonable to ask for step by step but when you add them all up, and also factor in the costs of little things like transfer fees/ players wages/ investment in the academy then it truly requires tens of millions of pounds a year from an owner to run a club "well".
I know that getting little things right does help attract fans, and to a certain extent more money, but in the overall scheme of things wont actually help to do anything major like pay for a player, or massively further the club.
Yes ME should go, and has been bad in many ways, but who'd be an owner now? F#ck modern football.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024