Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hypocrisy from the White House? 04:39 - Jun 13 with 1947 viewsWeWereZombies

Condemnation for crackdown on protesters in Russia, that's good:

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/337456-white-house-condemns-russias-c

But an 80 year prison term for trying to disrupt the inauguration?

http://www.presstv.com/Detail/2017/06/01/523860/US-Trump-protesters-Washington-j
[Post edited 13 Jun 2017 4:44]

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Hypocrisy from the White House? on 07:29 - Jun 13 with 1886 viewsSteve_M

Whilst there is much to criticise about Trump's America using Press TV as a source for anything is questionable.

Not quite as bad as taking money for appearing on it mind.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Hypocrisy from the White House? on 07:56 - Jun 13 with 1857 viewsWeWereZombies

Hypocrisy from the White House? on 07:29 - Jun 13 by Steve_M

Whilst there is much to criticise about Trump's America using Press TV as a source for anything is questionable.

Ah, right - I see my error. I wanted to avoid using Al Jazeera where I originally saw the story because you know who would go off on one. Now I am wondering if they got the story from Iran's press agency or if there is a reliable US source for this.

Hypocrisy from the White House? on 07:58 - Jun 13 with 1850 viewsGlasgowBlue

Hypocrisy from the White House? on 07:56 - Jun 13 by WeWereZombies

Ah, right - I see my error. I wanted to avoid using Al Jazeera where I originally saw the story because you know who would go off on one. Now I am wondering if they got the story from Iran's press agency or if there is a reliable US source for this.

Go off on one?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Hypocrisy from the White House? on 08:06 - Jun 13 with 1839 viewsWeWereZombies

Hypocrisy from the White House? on 07:58 - Jun 13 by GlasgowBlue

Go off on one?

I know, as if you would...

Hypocrisy from the White House? on 08:18 - Jun 13 with 1821 viewsGlasgowBlue

Hypocrisy from the White House? on 08:06 - Jun 13 by WeWereZombies

I know, as if you would...

My quote to you when linking Al Jazera was " Al Jazeera is an anti semitic and anti west, biased "news" outlet owned by those lovely homophobic Qataris"

If you consider that to be "going off on one" I would suggest that the thought of deciding what socks to wear on a daily basis fills you with dread and terror.
[Post edited 13 Jun 2017 10:04]

Iron Lion Zion

Hypocrisy from the White House? on 08:33 - Jun 13 with 1809 viewsWeWereZombies

Hypocrisy from the White House? on 08:18 - Jun 13 by GlasgowBlue

My quote to you when linking Al Jazera was " Al Jazeera is an anti semitic and anti west, biased "news" outlet owned by those lovely homophobic Qataris"

If you consider that to be "going off on one" I would suggest that the thought of deciding what socks to wear on a daily basis fills you with dread and terror.
[Post edited 13 Jun 2017 10:04]

No, visiting Auschwitz last week filled me with dread, at first. And then uncertainty about whether the visit was the right thing to do (some orthodox Jewish groups think you are disrespectful of the victims by walking on the site). On balance I think this is something worth going through, however uncomfortable. There is a George Santayana quote in the entrance to one of the huts:

'Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it.'

Hypocrisy from the White House? on 10:05 - Jun 13 with 1779 viewsGlasgowBlue

Hypocrisy from the White House? on 08:33 - Jun 13 by WeWereZombies

No, visiting Auschwitz last week filled me with dread, at first. And then uncertainty about whether the visit was the right thing to do (some orthodox Jewish groups think you are disrespectful of the victims by walking on the site). On balance I think this is something worth going through, however uncomfortable. There is a George Santayana quote in the entrance to one of the huts:

'Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it.'

I'm sure it did. But I'm not quite sure what that has to do with the quote I linked as "going off on one".

Iron Lion Zion

Hypocrisy from the White House? on 21:10 - Jun 13 with 1706 viewsWeWereZombies

Hypocrisy from the White House? on 10:05 - Jun 13 by GlasgowBlue

I'm sure it did. But I'm not quite sure what that has to do with the quote I linked as "going off on one".

I was specifically replying to your assertion that I am fearful of putting my socks on in the morning (although after living out of a backpack for three weeks it is becoming an issue).

I think you are too harsh on All Jazeera (but Steve_M's observation on a source I should have checked stands). As an example of what I think is a balanced report on Israeli / Palestinian relations check out the following

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2017/06/israel-agrees-pa-demand-reduce-gaza-electr

Login to get fewer ads

Hypocrisy from the White House? on 20:42 - Jun 14 with 1649 viewsWeWereZombies

Hypocrisy from the White House? on 07:29 - Jun 13 by Steve_M

OK, here is a bit more on the story from a source you may prefer:

https://www.google.de/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/media/2017/jan/24/journalists-ch

I did find a US source for the 80 years in jail claim - Salon, based on original stuff from Alternet. Embarrassing error on my part still (don't post on TWTD in the early hours because you can't sleep and have subjected yourself to watching France24's English language service in a Polish hotel) but you have prompted me to take a long overdue dive into the underlying media that pops up when we Google.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024