Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This is all perfectly fine. No need to worry about things post-Brexit 09:51 - Sep 12 with 17861 viewsBOjK

I'm sure all those trade deals will be trivial to work out and will more than compensate for the loss of membership of the single market.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-41233257

Blog: [Blog] Keep Calm and Carry on (Or Why the Club is Not in Crisis from Top to Bottom)

This is all perfectly fine. No need to worry about things post-Brexit on 11:47 - Sep 14 with 634 viewsStokieBlue

This is all perfectly fine. No need to worry about things post-Brexit on 11:43 - Sep 14 by WeWereZombies

I would also disagree with the figure of 32% voting for leaving - because my first post on this said 38.1% - I know, I have gone back and checked I typed it correctly and I worked this number out (worked out, ha - I looked up a couple of figures on the BBC and plugged them into an unused cell on a spreadsheet, data entry almost) months ago. Like I worked out (sic) the numbers on the 2014 referendum after that happened. I think they matter.

Very simple basic point, very very simple, basic as basic can be. In an election you vote for an MP to represent your constituency on a variety of local and national issues as best as she or he can. The nearest analogy I can think of is employment, collectively we as a people through representative democracy employ six hundred odd bodies to fill some of the highest offices of state. In a referendum there tends to be one main issue with no representative elected officer of state in charge, only an expression of the will of the people. The best analogy I can think of is a company resolution, if the members are split nearly 50/50 and the matter at hand is one of vital importance, will affect the future running of the company, someone usually points out that under the articles of association a special resolution (often requiring the approval of 75% of those entitled to vote) is required...

Fair enough - I didn't go back and check and new it was in the 30's - the actual figure doesn't matter only the method used to obtain it.

Your second point on general elections is valid, however the point on 75% wouldn't be because the rules of the referendum were clear beforehand and were the same as other referendums such as the Scottish referendum. Perhaps those should have been the rules but they weren't so your figure is still misleading and the % should be based on the total votes not the total of people valid to vote.

At least we both agree the current progress is poor and that it shouldn't be happening at all.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024